Christening of Infanta Sofía: July 15, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
First time I read that a magazine mentions that Letizia looked sad. Even the german mags said she looked happy and radiant again ;) I didn't think she looked sad, maybe a bit more serious than at Leonor's christening.

BTW, BUNTE mentioned that Leonor went singing around the baptismal font (we could see that) but also that she stuck out her tongue towards her grandpa JC (we couldn't see that) so due to lack of photo proof I guess it's not true :innocent:

I continue waiting that Thelma marries Alberto of Monaco.:lol:

Yes, the princess was happy ... but the press continues wanting to extract slice to the drama of the dead sister.

On Leonor's topic, really these Germans have imagination, we all have seen the videoes and the photos, and this it is the only information that exists, because the baptism was private. There were very little the journalists who had access to the previous session of photos, and none has done any similar commentary. Some place I have seen Leonor's image sticking out, but this image does not belong to any of the photos, and in it, is evident that the tongue is big enough that the mouth of the girl ... I imagine that someone has amused in the photo montage. ( Pardon, the image that I saw was of the visit to Leonor of the clinic)

Last edited:
I continue waiting that Thelma marries Alberto of Monaco.:lol:

That would give Letizia a break from being the center of attention, wouldn't it :ROFLMAO: Urrrgghh this 50 year old wanna-be-bachelor who will never make up his mind :wacko: The Phillipines are a good hideaway from guys like him.

I continue waiting that Thelma marries Alberto of Monaco.

And here I was thinking, until this day ;), that you really liked Telma :lol:.

Geeee, two Ortiz' women under constant magnifier would send me to early grave in two months :D.

So Leonor showed grandpa the tongue?! I honnestly don't know where this girl will end... two years-old and all she wants is to play around tss tss tss :ermm:

Duke, you should add to german some portuguese mags - one of the last week's cover had a picture of sad Letizia saying she is suffering unbearable pressions inside the Palace to get pregnant again and fast to have a boy... Letizia shares the cover with a serious face of Her Majesty Queen Sofia besides her :ROFLMAO: guess, who's giving Letizia the pressure?? ;)

Don't take this the wrong way but IMO Thelma is too beautiful for Albert. :)

I agree with you, Thelma is too beautiful for Albert.;)

BTW, BUNTE mentioned that Leonor went singing around the baptismal font (we could see that) but also that she stuck out her tongue towards her grandpa JC (we couldn't see that) so due to lack of photo proof I guess it's not true :innocent:

I agree, if it were true, it would have made not just the magazine covers but the front page of the newspapers.

A video of the baptism on the website of Svensk Damtidning, Sweden
Video

I agree, if it were true, it would have made not just the magazine covers but the front page of the newspapers.

Yes and it also would've been WAY TOO FUNNY :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::lol::lol:

Oh i always love the royal babtism. I am lucky there are so many royal babies being born. :flowers:

The queen must be proud her granddoughter is named to her. Letizia looks like a warm mother. She looks wonderful. this pregnancy must have been difficult for her because of loosing her sister. She is a strong woman.

thanks for the pictures of this loving family.

A video of the baptism on the website of Svensk Damtidning, Sweden
Video

Many thanks for this video. The vews are new and so the the Letizia's face that these of the baby are estupendous.
Thanks again.

were there any difference in the christning between Leonor and Sofia?

Leonor had both the King and Queen as godparents which is a tradition that an heir should have a monarch and its consort as a goparent. Prince Felipe didnt have King Alfonso because he already died, instead he had his consort Queen Ena and his grandfather the count.

Infanta Sofia's Godmother : Paloma Rocasolano ,Her God Father : HRH Prince Konstantin-Assen of Bulgaria.

At Leonor's christening wear clear indications that she was supposed to be heiress, no matter what. Kings as godparents, official pictures with state dignitaries etc.

Sofia was a family affair only, casareal did not even publish any offical pictures on the occasion of her christening.

At Leonor's christening wear clear indications that she was supposed to be heiress, no matter what. Kings as godparents, official pictures with state dignitaries etc.

Sofia was a family affair only, casareal did not even publish any offical pictures on the occasion of her christening.

Members of the Bulgarian Royal Family also attended Sofia's,Prince Konstantin is her God Father.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgHSF7GyKCg

all I know is that they are the nuns of the Santa Maria del Corazon de Jesus de Galapagar.

The white dress Letizia wore was incredibly beautiful. Its elegant, timeless, and just stunning. The design is wonderful. Its a perfect dress and one her most beautiful looks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom