The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-19-2007, 02:20 PM
Serene Highness

Location: desde mi ventana veo gibraltar español,reino de espaÑa, Spain
La Tarde con Cristina ::: Escuchar: Mas Secciones, Jaime Pe-afiel - La infanta Sofía será bautizada el 15 de julio en el Palacio de La Zarzuela ::: Cadena COPE

La Lengua acompañó al Imperio (Antonio de Nebrija)
The Language
accompanied to the Empire (Antonio de Nebrija)

Old 06-19-2007, 02:26 PM
Aristocracy

Great news, we can see the whole family again.

Old 06-19-2007, 02:29 PM
Heir Apparent

yes! it's great news that we will also see maria garcia de la rasilla in the baptism.

i can't wait for the baptism, to see sofia and how much she grew up, to see letizia after such a long time and to see leonor and paloma. i think they chose good godparents: paloma deserved it and i'm sure felipe chose konstantin as they are good friends.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 06-19-2007, 02:31 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain

Yay we finally have the date
But a question here is Konstantin catholic?
Old 06-19-2007, 02:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari_* View Post
Yay we finally have the date
But a question here is Konstantin catholic?
I believe that he is catholic. These boys were educated in Spain, but not if they were educated in the catholic fe or the orthodox one. Kardam, the first-born one and Kalina, married for the orthodox rite, but Kyril, Kubrat and Konstantin did it for the catholic rite. The children of Konstantin also are baptized by the catholic rite. In catholic baptism, or the godfather or the godmother must be Catholics. The godparents of Pablo Urdangarin are Kubrat of Bulgaria and Alexia of Greece; Alexia is of orthodox religion, so Kubrat had to be a Catholic.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Great choice of the godparents!

I'm so happy they finally announced the date, I started to think whether they are going to babtize her at all

Without any doubt Sofia will have her both grandmothers wraped around the little finger: the first one has the same name and the second one will be her godmother!

Old 06-19-2007, 03:27 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaChicaMadrilena View Post
Without any doubt Sofia will have her both grandmothers wraped around the little finger: the first one has the same name and the second one will be her godmother!
Yes! how cute!

Thanks for the info lula.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:34 PM
Courtier

I can't wait! I was hoping Paloma would be the godmother.
Old 06-19-2007, 04:02 PM
Courtier

Yessssss...! we finally have the date !! I love Paloma as godmother!!
Old 06-19-2007, 06:20 PM
Commoner

How wonderful that Paloma is the godmother. Can't wait to see the whole family, especially the little darlings!!!
Old 06-20-2007, 04:32 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Will there be the same dignitaries as at Leonor's baptism eg Zapatero? Or more or less family? I had the feeling that Leonor's baptism showed some signs of her being the heir - eg choice of grandparents or "important" people attending from various areas.
Old 06-20-2007, 04:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Will there be the same dignitaries as at Leonor's baptism eg Zapatero? Or more or less family? I had the feeling that Leonor's baptism showed some signs of her being the heir - eg choice of grandparents or "important" people attending from various areas.
Zapatero and Sonsoles will be surely present, the same as Esperanza Aguirre (the president of the community of Madrid) and a few other politicians, it happened not only with Leonor but also during other ceremonies (f.e. Irene's babtism).

Old 06-20-2007, 05:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Zapatero, is a doubt because those days a trip has foreseen to Latin America. It seems that the Royal House has had enough problems about finding date for the baptism, the Kings go away this weekend to China and apparently the agenda is full enough for the first part of July. If Zapatero does not represent, I suppose that the Vice-president of the Government will do it.
Old 06-20-2007, 05:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
Zapatero, is a doubt because those days a trip has foreseen to Latin America. It seems that the Royal House has had enough problems about finding date for the baptism, the Kings go away this weekend to China and apparently the agenda is full enough for the first part of July. If Zapatero does not represent, I suppose that the Vice-president of the Government will do it.
You're right, Zapatero will pay a visit to Mexico and Panama.
ABC.es: nacional - nacional - La Infanta Sofía será bautizada el 15 de julio en el Palacio de La Zarzuela

Old 06-20-2007, 05:53 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaChicaMadrilena View Post
I am not too sad about that. He's a bit of a weirdo. And I am glad we don't have to see the sour face of his wife. I might be wrong but whenever I see pics of her while being with her husband on official occasions she looks annoyed or as if she's not enjoying herself. An odd couple IMO, they don't look approachable at all.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:23 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I am not too sad about that. He's a bit of a weirdo
Haha, I think quite a few people would agree with you there!
If I'm honest I don't know much about them as people, only Zapatero as President of the Government. Though I have read quite a few times that as a couple they are very private and Sonsoles in particular keeps their family away from the spotlight.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

VIDEO

Paloma Rocasolano happy to be the godmother of the infanta Sofía

admotionTV
Old 06-20-2007, 11:19 AM
Gentry

i love how this family does things.. nothing over the top and pompous! sofia gets the honor of being named after her dad's mom and have her mom's mom has her godmother!
Old 06-20-2007, 11:41 AM
Courtier

Yes gudeeya! .. Sofi has a big honor!

Lula Lula.. Thanks for the video.. I like when Paloma says that sofía is precious!
Old 06-20-2007, 01:43 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks so much for the video Lula. It's great to see Paloma smiling again. It keeps surprising me how calm and sweet she always is with the press and how she always answers their questions.