Christening of Infanta Sofía: July 15, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yep, something defenitely was up there however, I still think she gazing at daddy.. don't know why.. I "studied Leo's look" :lol: and I think she's looking at daddy :)

Of course, she is..and "daddy" seems to be very proud of her.

Vanesa.

Some days far away of my ADSL, and far away of this estupendous event.

First of all many, many thanks for all the pics and videos - in particularly, tanks to Ana_R for her pics even if, I don't why I can't succeed to open all the shots, about one on two -

Then what a true happyness to see the Princes of Aturias, the Queen, the Princes's fathers so enjoyed by this ceremony. For those who need to make critcics, remember it's a very pleasant ceremony, it's a fest because it's a new christian, and the Archibishop, so severe habitually, was very enjoy for this lived girl....

It's a total no-sens - and a little strange one - to criticize the Leonor's behaviour because if the Princes has decided to link their little girl in precize place, she has a nanny to take car of her. In my opinion - and it's a very good decision - the Princes has want to give an image of their little girl, free exactly as she is, so sweet, so funny, very curious and quiet intrepid.

Remember for the Leonor's christening theInfanta's Cristina were mischievous, quiet disturbing the ceremony playing with the pile....

I hope for this so charming little Infanta to go on like that, giving happyness to her fathers and grand fathers.

The Kings of Spain, may be are happy fathers, but sure are extremely happy grad fathers. What so estupendous are all the grand children of the Kings, all are extremly handsome, with character and not the same. What do you want more for fathers and grand fathers in thelife with theirs children and grand children, the health, the good development and the beauty.

Please, as all we know the life is somtime the best way to learn the discipline and a young so mischievous and marvellous little girl has all the time to learn a little bite how you have to do to be an very psycho rigid Infanta.

Yes, it seems that the King don't like very much this kind of ceremony, it's no the first time; but if you are looking at the videos, you can see how he was near of Leonor, trying to catch her hand and having a little smile in front the decided character of his grand child so funny. But, I'm sure that the King is very proud too for all his grand children as it can be sonormal because they are all absolutly estupendous!

Just a detail, look how the king is watching at the little Sofia - on the pics gav by Ana_R ), it's a true grand father.

It was a so sympathetic ceremony, bringing happyness for every body that I don't understand the critics - I don't qualified them - mad becase so and so!

Last edited:
The King did not look amused.

I wonder if he looks more amused when Letizia will finally have given birth to a boy ;) I guess she has to give it at least one more try, as her mother in law. Somehow I have the feeling JC would have been more pleased if Letizia had delivered the male heir and the constitution topic would be non existent.

Even if Letizia gives birth to a boy next year, the changes in constitutioin will be very much a topic. I'm quite sure when it will be known Letizia is pregnant with a boy (and I assume Felipe & Letizia would alert the Prime Minister, just like in this case they alerted they expected a girl), the Government would go ahead with changes.

One of the promises the current PM Zapatero gave in his election program was adopting equal primogeniture. And this is a rare issue, when the Opposition is in total agreement with the Goverment.They planed to go ahead with the changes when the second pregnancy was announced, but the Princes announced they expected a girl, which spared them to adopt changes in a rush.

Last edited:
I wonder if he looks more amused when Letizia will finally have given birth to a boy ;) I guess she has to give it at least one more try, as her mother in law. Somehow I have the feeling JC would have been more pleased if Letizia had delivered the male heir and the constitution topic would be non existent.

Then in that Letizia cannot do nothing, among other things, because in addition in the determination to the sex of a baby it influences plus the genetics of the man that the one of the woman:lol:

Even if Letizia gives birth to a boy next year, the changes in constitutioin will be very uch a topic. I'm quite sure when it will be known Letizia is pregnant with a boy (and I assume Felipe & Letizia would alert the Prime Minister, just like in this case they alerted they expected a girl), the Government would go ahead with changes.One of the promises the current PM Zapatero gave in his election program was adopting equal primogeniture. And this is a rare issue, when the Opposition is in total agreement with the Goverment.They planed to go ahead with the changes when the second pregnancy was announced, but the Princes announced they expected a girl, which spared them to adopt changes in a rush.

Your are right Avalon. I meant if she had delivered the male heir in the first place the topic would now be non existent and JC had other issues to worry about. I see JC definitely as one of the "It's a man's world" guys :cool:

Last edited:
Then in that Letizia cannot do nothing, among other things, because in addition in the determination to the sex of a baby it influences plus the genetics of the man that the one of the woman:lol:
Absolutely but why is it that until this day the woman gets the blame or the praise (in case of Diana, she did a perfect job)? :whistling:

Duke of Marmalade said:
Your are right Avalon. I meant if she had delivered the male heir in the first place the topic would now be non existent and JC had other issues to worry about. I see JC definitely as one of the "It a man's world" guys :cool:

Oh yes, I agree with you on that one. I just can see the King very pleased if Felipe's first-born was a boy. :D
But as Lula pointed, it's not Letizia's fault. ;) :lol:

Last edited:
I believe that as much little children oppresses to him. The King must be one of those men who thinks that, of the children, and more if they are babies the women occupy:lol:. What I do not have so sure is that later, he can resist to Leonor when every day she plays in Zarzuela.

My opinion is that little Leonor is just 20 months year old, I have a boy of that age and it is very difficult to keep them quiet and seat on a chair and doing nothing!!Although it is no impossible to do that and if most of the time they should be out playing, laughing and doing what a normal young baby does, sometimes there are occasions that they need to be well-behaved, quiet for some time. And it is necessary to instil them to do that, they cannot do always whatever they want, and even if Christian is quieter and a more serious child in public, I really think that he would prefer to be out there in the church playing, but he wasn't!

In fact, the most funny of this thread is that we are becoming teachers of Know How Regal behaviour for little Infanta whom the single "crime" is to be very spontaneous, smiling, funny then three months ago she was a sad, introverty and shy little girl!! What a strange evolution!! :D:D

E viva la Infantita!!!:wub::wub:

Last edited:
It seems that the King in this occasion had a reason to be serious, since that day a good friend died.

Interstitial - Noticia

Ignacio Caro, inseparable companion of the King on the high seas

Last July 15, eve of the festivity of the Virgin of Carmen - mistress of the sailors-, Ignacio Caro died in Ibiza at the age of 78. It was one of the most particular figures of the Spanish contemporary science of navigation, and key person in the personal environment of the King Juan Carlos.

It seems that the King in this occasion had a reason to be serious, since that day a good friend died.

Interstitial - Noticia

Ignacio Caro, inseparable companion of the King on the high seas

Last July 15, eve of the festivity of the Virgin of Carmen - mistress of the sailors-, Ignacio Caro died in Ibiza at the age of 78. It was one of the most particular figures of the Spanish contemporary science of navigation, and key person in the personal environment of the King Juan Carlos.

That explains a lot. That's really sad. No wonder the King looked so serious

Didn't know about it! I apologize to having made fun of him in other thread of the "Royal Chit Chat" Forum...:sad:

Vanesa.

Cristina looks amazing. The girls are both beautiful, but Sofia has a perfect face. Little Irene is also another doll.

I think all the little granddaughters are adorable! This is a good looking crew of kids.

It is beautiful photo all royal family of Spain and Princess Letizias family!!! I am see photo on Princess Irene is sister to Queen Sofia and Kings sister Princess Margarita with husband of Zuarita. Wow big royal family now and royal couple have many grandchildren.!!! Princess Letizias grandparents and grandmother is with his great-grandchildren on christening!

Didn't know about it! I apologize to having made fun of him in other thread of the "Royal Chit Chat" Forum...:sad:

Vanesa.

I didn't know either. I commented on the King looking unhappy, now I know why. :neutral:

Leonor just makes me laugh. I can't get enough of her. I know that little Sofia should be the centre of attention, but once again her big sister managed to steal the show.

A big THANK YOU to everyone who has contributed countless pictures and videos of this lovely occasion:flowers:

here is a video from a spanish tv programme where they tried to read their lips to know what they were saying during the meeting with the press. it's something they quite like doing and some others did the same when felipe and letizia married.

if you want to have a look, here is the video: YouTube - Bautizo Infanta Sofia.Lector labial revela lo que no oimos.

what a wanted to say about it was that i simply love when leonor says "todo, todo, todo" (everything, everything, everything). it's quite cute. she said the same during the press meeting when letizia went out of hospital when she meant she wanted the other microphone. this time it looks like she was impressed by the quantity of photographers, lol. it's just so cute how she points and looks amazed :)

The children are adorable and Letizia looked stunning. It is good to see her looking like her old self again especially after her sister dying late in her pregnancy. I love this family.

here is a video from a spanish tv programme where they tried to read their lips to know what they were saying during the meeting with the press. it's something they quite like doing and some others did the same when felipe and letizia married.

if you want to have a look, here is the video: YouTube - Bautizo Infanta Sofia.Lector labial revela lo que no oimos.

what a wanted to say about it was that i simply love when leonor says "todo, todo, todo" (everything, everything, everything). it's quite cute. she said the same during the press meeting when letizia went out of hospital when she meant she wanted the other microphone. this time it looks like she was impressed by the quantity of photographers, lol. it's just so cute how she points and looks amazed :)

Wait until she knows how to count numbers. ;) She'd better get used to it. Photographers will follow her every move her whole life. Cameras love her. Same does her adoring public.

Thanks for posting this. I wish my Spanish is better so I can understand what the reporters/host and hostess are saying.

Thank you so much Carlota. It's such a sweet video. I love knowing what they were saying, because I had been wondering about it. Leonor is a doll, she's so cute during the whole ceremony. I think it was very obvious that she was at a place that was home for her, a christening at her grandparents house. She looked completely at ease, that's probably also why she was so spontanious and playful outside during the ceremony. It were her gardens, the same ones she probably plays in all the time. It's quite difficult to explain to a little girl, that this time she had to be formal in her own garden, surrounded by family members. I loved the way she behaved, so cute :wub::wub:

thanks for all those pictures and video!!!!!

baby sofia looks really beautiful and infanta leonor so cute!!!! they have both beautilful little girls!!!

princess letizia looks amazing!!! she's really beautiful and happy!! what a great family!! I love her dress and her hair!!! waouh!!

That was a great video- thanks for posting it! I love how attentive Felipe is. You can tell he spends a lot of time with his family, just by how Leo interacts with him. The baby with the big blue eyes and her elder sister are just beautiful- it's so nice to see Letizia and her family happy again. I'm thankful that Letizia didn't suffer any ill-effects from the tragedy.

The Princess of Asturias has two beatiful daughters to remind her how beatiful live is, and that she must not surrend to pain, even if this pain is very understable.

As for Infanta leonor behaviour...Oh, I don't think there is so much to fuss about. All elder siblings behave in the same way at their younger siblings christening. And she did not anything "bad", quite the opposite. She made people melt of tenderness in front of their little princess. If she keeps acting this way, all Spain (and surely the world) will be on her knees before her! :lol:

Vanesa.

Sofia, queen for one day

Awake, observant and without expressing) not even an alone moan. This way Sofía de Borbón Ortiz received her baptism. In arms of her mother, still with the sad look, monitored closely over her naughty sister and admired by uncles, grandparents and friends.

Sofía, reina por un día

Sofia, queen for one day

Awake, observant and without expressing) not even an alone moan. This way Sofía de Borbón Ortiz received her baptism. In arms of her mother, still with the sad look, monitored closely over her naughty sister and admired by uncles, grandparents and friends.

Sofía, reina por un día

First time I read that a magazine mentions that Letizia looked sad. Even the german mags said she looked happy and radiant again ;) I didn't think she looked sad, maybe a bit more serious than at Leonor's christening.

BTW, BUNTE mentioned that Leonor went singing around the baptismal font (we could see that) but also that she stuck out her tongue towards her grandpa JC (we couldn't see that) so due to lack of photo proof I guess it's not true :innocent:

Back
Top Bottom