Christening of Infanta Leonor: January 14, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lula said:
Purple, I also have seen " Corazón, Corazón".:D

Victoria was very nice with her camera of photos, like her mother.
The grandmother of Letizia, very tender Enriqueta kissing her granddaughter and Leonor. And very nice giving a kiss to the King, she was very spontaneous, but she is a very major woman and it is understood. The Queen was very affectionate with her.

i noticed this also, lula...
it was a touching moments seeing how close the family are to one another.
the Queen was also very affectionate kissing her son-in-law and daughters.
this day, it seem Enriqueta caught the attention more than Menchu, Letizia is so sweet with her.

and special thanks for agm for capturing these moments...
are there more please?;)

Last edited:
purple_platinum said:
seeing the photos, i thought it was only 1/2 photographers on the christening, but now after watching the video, there are plenty of photographers (probably less than 10 though).
so, the procedure is that they submit their photos and then EFE released some best ones only? is that correct?

however, i'm very surprised how well behaved the spanish press are. they do not have paparazzi pictures of the guests arriving (like when they entered la zarzuela). but, that's just my thought... ;)

Photographers there had to be two or three, not more. Later there had to be two television cameras.

The journalists only could accede during the put one, and they were a very limited group, 10 or 15 approximately, and they did not have access to the ceremony.. They belong to the most important mass media and are those who are employed at the coverage of all the official acts. They are serious journalists, experts in Royal House.
Because of it the agencies of paparazzis protest and criticize everything, because they could not have done business with the baptism. Always it is the same thing.
On the entry of the guests. All the guests entered car. I explain it to you:
The Palace of the Zarzuela is placed in a mount (in origin it was a pavilion of hunt), and has a highway of access. For safety reasons, this highway is closed and only it is possible to accede with permission. From the entry to the highway to the palace there are several kilometres, therefore to do photographies of the guests was impossible, only they saw the cars to pass.

lula said:
On the entry of the guests. All the guests entered car. I explain it to you:
The Palace of the Zarzuela is placed in a mount (in origin it was a pavilion of hunt), and has a highway of access. For safety reasons, this highway is closed and only it is possible to accede with permission. From the entry to the highway to the palace there are several kilometres, therefore to do photographies of the guests was impossible, only they saw the cars to pass.

that explains it then... thanks lula for providing this background information.
it helps me understand the situation better..

It seemed like such a nice simple family occasion. Letizia and Felipe looks so relaxed and happy and Leonor was precious. I loved the moment when Letizia spoke to Leonor and she looked at her mother and smiled. I think they will have a good relationship in the future. Letizia looked so relaxed, no anxiety at all about bringing a baby into a new situation. She obviously is a happy and confident mother.

sadie said:
Thanks agm for the captures! I really wanted to see the king kissing Leonor, is a pity we cant see more pictures of the baptism :( .

I thought it was kind of funny how Elena took a picture with her camera once in a while and them hide it and stood there looking all serious.:p
There is the photo of the King kissing Leonor (originally posted by agm)

http://img79.imageshack.us/my.php?image=151459216ly.png

I have found the song that the nuns were singing when the Princes were presenting the girl before the Virgin. Some tear escaped from the Princess. It is in Spanish, I am going to translate it and hope that it does not lose very much, because it is very nice.

http://www.archimadrid.es/deleju/Docs/liturgia/20031108.htm

MARÍA, MÍRAME / MARÍA, MÍRAME, /SI TÚ ME MIRAS /ÉL TAMBIÉN ME MIRARÁ / MADRE MÍA, MÍRAME / DE LA MANO LLÉVAME/ MUY CERCA DE ÉL / QUE AHÍ ME QUIERO QUEDAR.
1. María, cúbreme con tu manto,
que tengo miedo, no sé rezar,
que por tus ojos misericordiosos
tendré la fuerza, tendré la paz.
2. Madre, consuélame de mis penas,
es que no quiero ofenderle más
que por tus ojos misericordiosos
quiero ir al cielo y verlos ya.
MARÍA, MÍRAME… /…EN TUS BRAZOS QUIERO DESCANSAR.

MARY, LOOK AT ME / MARY, LOOK AT ME, / IF YOU LOOK AT ME / HE ALSO WILL LOOK AT ME / MY MOTHER, LOOK AT ME /
OF THE HAND TAKE TO ME CLOSELY TOGETHER OF HIM THAT THERE I WANT TO REMAIN.

1. Mary, me cover with your mantle, that I am afraid, I do not know say, that as your compassionate eyes I will have the force, I will have the peace.

2. Mother, console me of my sorrow, it is that I do not want to offend him any more that for your compassionate eyes I want to go to the sky and to see them already.

MARIA, LOOK AT ME … … IN YOUR ARMS I WANT TO REST.

Last edited:
Thanks Juanita, i had already seen that capture:) (thanks again agm) . I just think is a pity there are not more and better quality pictures of special, tender moments like this one.

screencaps from tve provided by diarrionavarra

the Kings & Princes of Asturias greeting the guests.. and of course, it's Infanta Leonor's first "greeting of guests"

more screencaps from tve provided by diarrionavarra

(i like this one..)

sadie said:
Thanks Juanita, i had already seen that capture:) (thanks again agm) . I just think is a pity there are not more and better quality pictures of special, tender moments like this one.
You're welcome, sadie! ;)

Just a simple question to the spanish posters:
In that Jaime peñafiel article he uses the word "gamberro" to describe the children of the infantas, what exactly does it mean?, isn´t it a harsh qualifier to use on children?

the main ceremony, giving the holy water from jordan (from diarionavarra)

Toledo said:
Thanks for the link, fanletizia :)

:mad: That nasty Penafiel never ceases an opportunity to attack Leti, and this time he went even further and attacked King Juan Carlos' grand kids calling them 'mal educados' (means ill manered) on the third paragraph. He even had the nerve to say the kids, Leonor's first cousins, should have been left all at home! How dare he! Then he attacks Leti's humble family by saying it took Leonor to place both families at the same level. Then he insults his fellow reporters by calling them courtesan reporters just for promoting the idea of Leonor as a future Queen (fourth paragraph)
If our Royal Forums friends knew the venom behind his lines they would be fumming too at that tabloid pseudo writer.
But this is an ocassion for joy, and his poison darts against Leti and her family won't find the target this time.

What is his problem? I don't read Spanish, but from the brief synopsis...it sounds like he hates her. What is the perception of the Spanish? do they pay attention to him or do they just chalk it up as jibberish?

sadie said:
Just a simple question to the spanish posters:
In that Jaime peñafiel article he uses the word "gamberro" to describe the children of the infantas, what exactly does it mean?, isn´t it a harsh qualifier to use on children?

Yes, it is. A child of this age can be anxious (inquieto),naughty (travieso)...but not "gamberro", because they are young to be conscientious of their pranks

The definition of "gamberro" of the Royal Academy of the Language:
"That commits acts of rudeness or incivility"

Peñafiel is in the habit of using this type of hard and sometimes cruel words with the persons when he does not taste or does the things how he likes it.:eek:

Thanks Lula for clarifiying that :) .
Reading Peñafiel´s articles it seems to me he is the gamberro:mad:, he confuses being courtesan with just being polite; but is better to focus on nice positive side of this event and ignore this individual

Last edited:
several photos from this post but without watermark from DPA
..and one of Letizia with her fan

Attachments

• 008201_4.jpg
    008201_4.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 459
  • 007801_4.jpg
    007801_4.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 317
  • 007501_4.jpg
    007501_4.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 402
  • 008301_4.jpg
    008301_4.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 388
  • 006701_4.jpg
    006701_4.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 522
PeÑafiel

Hello

PeÑafiel Is A Good Reporter. He Worked For Hola! Magazine Ome Years Ago To Do Articles About Royal Family. I Think That Letizia Changes Our Royal Family. She Can Control All.

olili said:
Hello

PeÑafiel Is A Good Reporter. He Worked For Hola! Magazine Ome Years Ago To Do Articles About Royal Family. I Think That Letizia Changes Our Royal Family. She Can Control All.

Olili who punishes that you think it.:(

Peñafiel was a good journalist 30 years ago when he was working with Hola and had good influences. Later he founded his magazine and almost he finishes in the jail for the topic of the photographies of the agony of Franco.
Now only he is a gossip-monger, antiquated, that he invents barbarities and that has not even idea of many things. The sad thing is that though there am demonstrated that what he says is a lie there are people who him continues believing.

Letizia neither has changed anything, nor has any power, if her life had it it would be different, she would make many things alone.
What happens is that Letizia is not respected how other members of the Royal Family are respected, which happens is that before the mass media scarcely were dealing with the personal life of the royal family and now they harass the Princes.
I would like that you were saying to me into that Letizia has changed the Royal Family, because that I know they have not changed into anything. If you give me something that demonstrates it I will understand it, but I will think that you believe yourself everything what these pseudo journalists say in television without thinking over it.
It is very easy to attack Letizia, because with a view to the public opinion she is the weakest member. Many people avenge in Letizia not that do not dare to avenge in other members of the Royal Family.

Last edited:
Thanks to all, for all lovely pics ... i love all of them, thanks so much to all.

I simply love all ....!!

When They Ent To "la Moraleja" Centre, They Only Called To "el Pais" Newspaper To Do The Photos.

Moreover, She Was A Good Jornalist But She Didn´t Speak English. A Lot Of Spanish People (i Too) Don´t Like Letizia And Her Manners.

this is a beautiful thread filled with many many gorgeous pictures.
is it possible not to make it a pro or anti letizia again? please...

olili said:
When They Ent To "la Moraleja" Centre, They Only Called To "el Pais" Newspaper To Do The Photos.

Moreover, She Was A Good Jornalist But She Didn´t Speak English. A Lot Of Spanish People (i Too) Don´t Like Letizia And Her Manners.

They did not call ElPaís, to the newspaper they warned them from the mall, and a serious photographer dedicated to other topics who lives to the side went to do the photographies to them. Paloma García Pelayo recognized this the own in Ana Rosa's program, though then them of korpa, they changed the version and created the polemic because they had not been they who had realized the photos, and they had lost a lot of money.
They if they called later to the agency EFE, the state agency of news that we pay all the citizens, to break the sole right and that the whole world had access to the photographies, but did not come in time and they photographed only the exit.

This one is the real version, the manipulated one for an agency of paparazzis that gain millions with the Princes.

As for Letizia's ways, only you can refer what happened the day of the commitment ... and that certain journalists have exploited up to the weariness ... because that I know since then almost she has not opened the mouth.

On the topic of the English I believe that these badly informed. She was speaking English (I remember my that was covering information in New York), but not an English to the same level that the rest of members of the Royal Family who are bilingual from children. Because of it she received classes ... and if you are interested in yesterday in the baptism she spoke in perfect English with a German journalist.

If you want that it informs you about something more, I will be enchanted of doing it. It makes me sad that the people should believe herself what say some journalists who only invent things to earn money and to be kept in television ... but the things are like that.

Last edited:
This thread is to share information and opinions about the baptism of Infanta Leonor de Borbón, not for arguments about the princess being fluent in English and even less about Jaime Peñafiel's dislike for the Princess of Asturias.
Now please get back on topic or the moderation team will end up having to delete a whole lot of off-topic posts.

Elsa M.
(TRF's Supermoderator)

I waited for your message Elsa. :rolleyes: I feel it, is product of my persistence in clarifying it everything and giving to explanations precise and coherent. You could change them to the forum of Letizia and to erase this message.;)

La jornada empezó minutos antes del acto religioso con la sesión fotográfica en la que la Familia Real al completo posó con la familia materna de la pequeña. La niña, que a pesar de los cuidados se había hecho un pequeño arañazo en la nariz, aparecía, por primera vez ante las cámaras

----------------------------------------------------------

The day began minutes before the religious act with the photographic session in which the Royal Family to the complete one posed with the mother family of the small one. The girl, who in spite of the elegant ones had done a small scratch to herself in the nose, was appearing, for the first time before the chambers(cameras).

http://www.abc.es/abc/pg060115/prensa/noticias/Nacional/Nacional/200601/15/NAC-NAC-016.asp

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I'm new in this forum! My name is AnnaMaria, I'm 14 and I'm from Italy!
Yesterday on tv I watched the video from Infanta Leonor's baptism and I was very happy!!

Back
Top Bottom