Asturias Christmas Holidays in Lanzarote: December 26-31, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I went home in pants and had a c-section. Believe me the pants were a lot more comfortable because they don't hit the incision but the waist. The pants were a lot more comfortable that the hose that Mary wore. Now that would have chafed. Oh, you can't just "pump" when you are new mom. It's extremely hard to find the time to fit that in. Plus, breastfeeding will help you lose weight more quickly.

Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia on New Year's Eve
December 31, 2005
(photos from goff photos)

any idea what were they doing?

Attachments

• prince_felipe_051231_01.jpg
    prince_felipe_051231_01.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 287
  • prince_felipe_051231_02.jpg
    prince_felipe_051231_02.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 245
They might just have been returning home (Letizia is wearing here the same striped shirt she wore when they were leaving La Mareta).

i thought they left on the 29th and spend new years at La Zarzuela?

They left Lanzarote on Saturday, at midday.

thanks, elsa. i think the photo agency put the date wrong. so, they left on the 29th, right?

No, Saturday was December 31st. In those photos they're wearing the same clothes as those posted by Lula (see #182) ;)

Ariel said:
Interesting, Letizia asked if someone wanted to hold the baby! and her husband promptly approached and took the baby on his arms!

And what was it? some stranger hold the baby?:confused:

purple_platinum said:
several more from goff pictures (you can see close-up of leonor's little face..)

wish is the link to goff pics? and do I have to registrer in the site?

Thanks!

purple_platinum said:
more of little leonor from facetoface

And, can you tell me if there's a link to facetoface images?

Thanks! I'll apreciate that ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
photofan said:
And what was it? some stranger hold the baby?:confused:

No, I don't think it happened. Maybe it was a way for Letizia to tell Felipe to hold the baby. It was courious to me, that she expressed like that, but maybe it was a way of speaking to Felipe.

Ariel said:
No, I don't think it happened. Maybe it was a way for Letizia to tell Felipe to hold the baby. It was courious to me, that she expressed like that, but maybe it was a way of speaking to Felipe.
That's what I thought, kinda like a cue.

She wasn't talking to Felipe but to the journalists... I see no oddity in it... Here's another article about it:

http://www.especialeshf.com/bodareal/noticias/noticia197.htm

Leonor, who arrived in Lanzarote on December 26th, monopolized the attention of the cameras, during the fifteen minutes that lasted the photo session; it was enough time to appreciate the remarkable evolution of the girl. Dressed, like her parents, in casuals and jeans, the seventh grandchild of Their Majesties has grown up several centimetres and she already weights five kilos. And, as it’s normal, she is now much more wide-awake and expressive. To prove it she immediately protested for the sun that was reflecting on her little face, illuminating the outside of La Mareta.

The Princess, totally recovered, did not stop making caresses to her baby and she was so happy and relaxed that she asked the journalists: "Does anyone want to old her”? Don Felipe, on the other hand, took the girl in his arms and observed: "I still can carry her, she weights little yet".

Last edited:
Ariel is right, She was talking to Felipe. It was her playful way asking Felipe to hold the baby and Felipe wanted to hold the baby at that time too. The EFE got it wrong first, then some articles just copied the infos sent out by EFE.

It seems that there is not very clear what she said. The Prince should to her have said that he wanted to take the girl, and Letizia said " he Wants to take her " and it seems that a journalists of some agency he took how one asks the journalists. It happens in occasions that an agency interprets badly something and the news spreads with some incorrect information. It is Christmas, there are vacations and most of the news is of agency. If one commits a mistake it repeats itself later in all the newspapers and magazines.

Today the same thing has happened with the Infantas in Baqueira, the Kings for several years they do not go to Baqueira, an agency presented how an innovation and the same thing has repeated itself in several mass media.:confused:

Roxsteve said:
Why is everyone so concerned/worried about the baby's eyes? What if she had brown eyes like her mother? Why is blue better? I think the baby is cute and thank God she is able to see...with blue or dark brown or green or any other color of eyes...even the parents asked if they could see the eye color...please...let us know how the baby is doing. I have never heard that from Maxima or Mary. Letizia is too concerned about looks.
Its not that the people and Princess Letizia are concerned or worried about the color of the Infantas eyes,or they think blue eyes is better, its just that they are amazed that the little infanta got her daddys blue eyes..I think its a sweet and fascinating thing that a baby girl got his daddys eye color, much more when youre talking about the future king of Spain and his little princess:) ...

If you say so...I still think that they don't make such a big deal with Fred or WA. What about Princess Ingrid? No one ever said that. I think Letizia is worried about silly things like that...sorry but to me it's the truth...I respect your opinion...hopefully, you will respect mine.

Mahoogie said:
Its not that the people and Princess Letizia are concerned or worried about the color of the Infantas eyes,or they think blue eyes is better, its just that they are amazed that the little infanta got her daddys blue eyes..I think its a sweet and fascinating thing that a baby girl got his daddys eye color, much more when youre talking about the future king of Spain and his little princess:) ...

Also there was some speculation in some media about the fact that no one saw Infanta Leonor's eyes during her presentation. Some even sugested it was weird that she didn't open her eyes throughout the two photo sessions. I think what Princess Letizia wanted to say was "Look at my daughter's eyes. They are beautifull!" Needless to say it in my opinion, once the baby become so disturbed by the sunlight... She is a perfect baby that makes her parents delightd with her, but it must be hard for Letizia to read such nosense about her baby and she is aware that this is a special child so this was her way to tranquilize people. They can't be all the time denying all the nonseses that appear so it is natural that they take these chances to get things straight.

Regards,
mtbcm :)

Roxsteve said:
What about Princess Ingrid? No one ever said that.

But I have no doubt that as a mother Mette-Marit would have liked to say something about all that hair-speculation surrounding her little daughter.

I think the only thing that separate these mums are the way they handle the matters.

And even Maxima, look how she tries to make her daughters smile and laugh whenever they appear. It is, probably, her subtle way to say people "Look how nice my daughter is. She isn't always with that frown you point out"»!"

I have a son and a daughter and I think I know what I am talking about. We all want everyone to like our babies. For us they are perfect and hurts to hear people saying otherwise.

For a Royal the weight of such critics are even bigger.

Regards,
mtbcm :)

Roxsteve said:
If you say so...I still think that they don't make such a big deal with Fred or WA. What about Princess Ingrid? No one ever said that. I think Letizia is worried about silly things like that...sorry but to me it's the truth...I respect your opinion...hopefully, you will respect mine.

You forgot that the Norwegian royal house almost sued the German press when they suggested that Ingrid had health problem with little hair growing. This was from the nonsense German tabloids, not Norwegian own press. Can you image Haakon and MM's reaction if Norwegian own press started Ingrid's hair speculation ? The Spanish royal house has always been very passive towards tabloids' speculations and let its own tabloids mangle Letizia whatever they wanted all the time, they still didn't do anything when some journalists speculated on Leonor's health problem, her eyes' problem. Letizia couldn't defend herself, her baby, probably were not allowed either. That's the most she coud say, 'look at my baby, she has beautiful eyes, she is completely healthy'. On the other hand, if she didn't say anything, some journalists might restart speculation on Leonor's eyes again. It's good that she said something, now the rumors on the problem of Leonor's eyes died completely.

Last edited:
From Univision

Last edited:
Leonor is an adorable baby, soo beautiful and cute baby.Thanks for all the photos. Letizia and Felipe seem very proud of their daughter, they all looked very happy. What a beautiful family they are:).

Here is a Danish article from Lanzarote, in the possible best (or worst) Billedbladet writing style, painfully saccharine, I don’t know if I have good enough English to translate such sugar and all the adjectives they use:rolleyes: but here it goes and the pics are big and nice

Billedbladet nr1
Daddy’s own Princess
Even if she is only 3 months Leonor has the most beautiful blue eyes that look curiously out on the world. Rightly most babies are born with blue eyes but Leonors daddy has also blue eyes and the Spaniards hopes that the precious little Princess will keep her blue eyes which is not so common in southern Europe, and the girl born on oct 31 is already a little charmer

Princess Leonor has grown since the birth in the Ruber hospital and weighs already more than 5 kilos, 1,5 more than at her birth. The little hair on her head indicates she will have her mother hair colour and hopefully she will look like her, because Princess Letizia is really something of a beauty

Tiny Leonor was 3 weeks early and born by a c-section but the birth had no complications and Crown Prince Felipe was present for the birth, “To see your child being born is the most beautiful thing in the world” the Crown Prince couple lives in a giant house close to the Zarzuela Palace (Me: cant really call it a palace IMO)

Recently they had some days of vacation at Lanzarote where the Royal Family owns a big house and it was her tiny Leonor was presented. She was held both by her mother and her father and was wearing the prettiest tiny jeans, a white blouse and woollen sweater with red trimmings. At her feet she had pretty white shoes of the most beautiful soft leather. Even if Leonor was born two weeks after our own Prince she will be christened the week before at the church in Zarzuela

Already after the birth Felipe and Letizia told that they would call their daughter Leonor after a medieval Queen that lived 1122-1204, and was a very independent woman with several modern ideas. She is counted as the woman who first but equality on the map of Spain. The Spanish Royal couple will honour be naming their daughter after her

and billedbladet also has a small story on her in their 2 edition...

I don’t know if the content of this is true, I have not seen it reported here, maybe someone could confirm she said it?? Anyway its in the same sugar style as the previous article and the rest of the content of this magazine

Letizia hopes for more children
Letizia enjoys her role as a mother and hopes to make the child that is christened on Saturday a big sister as soon as possible
- I really want to be a mother again, as soon as possible.
Letizia and Felipe had barely presented their daughter until Letizia told about her wish to extend the family. With the girly facial features, the violet blue eyes and heart shaped lips is Leonor also a darling doll-child. That she was already when she was born 3 months ago, because as many other children born by c-section her skin was perfect and smooth, and its no wonder that the paternal grandfather only refers to her as the sweet little creature. All the mahogany coloured hair she had at the birth has thinned out a little and is lighter and shorter, maybe because the parents can’t avoid kissing her at the head all the time. Both Felipe and Letizia adores their little girl
http://www.billedbladet.dk/default.asp?Action=Details&Item=3730
Also Norwegian Se og HØr dedicated two pages to these pictures, usually they stuff most of the foreign royals at royal-summary page in the back

Last edited:
Larzen said:
I don’t know if the content of this is true, I have not seen it reported here, maybe someone could confirm she said it??
Letizia enjoys her role as a mother and hopes to make the child that is christened on Saturday a big sister as soon as possible
- I really want to be a mother again, as soon as possible.
Letizia didn't textually say that sentence... (otherwise, it would certainly have been the most quoted sentence in the history of Hola...:rolleyes: )

Pics from Seegerpress:). They may look similarly, but they haven't been posted before:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom