The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-01-2006, 06:03 PM
Commoner

I went home in pants and had a c-section. Believe me the pants were a lot more comfortable because they don't hit the incision but the waist. The pants were a lot more comfortable that the hose that Mary wore. Now that would have chafed. Oh, you can't just "pump" when you are new mom. It's extremely hard to find the time to fit that in. Plus, breastfeeding will help you lose weight more quickly.

Old 01-02-2006, 02:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia on New Year's Eve
December 31, 2005
(photos from goff photos)

any idea what were they doing?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	prince_felipe_051231_01.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	222688   Click image for larger version

Name:	prince_felipe_051231_02.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	222689  

Old 01-02-2006, 02:56 PM
Commoner

In Lanzarote, exit La Mareta:)
Old 01-02-2006, 02:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

They might just have been returning home (Letizia is wearing here the same striped shirt she wore when they were leaving La Mareta).

Old 01-02-2006, 03:02 PM
Heir Apparent

i thought they left on the 29th and spend new years at La Zarzuela?
Old 01-02-2006, 03:07 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

They left Lanzarote on Saturday, at midday.
Old 01-02-2006, 03:09 PM
Heir Apparent

thanks, elsa. i think the photo agency put the date wrong. so, they left on the 29th, right?
Old 01-02-2006, 03:14 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

No, Saturday was December 31st. In those photos they're wearing the same clothes as those posted by Lula (see #182)
Old 01-03-2006, 11:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel
Interesting, Letizia asked if someone wanted to hold the baby! and her husband promptly approached and took the baby on his arms!
And what was it? some stranger hold the baby?
Old 01-04-2006, 12:00 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_platinum
several more from goff pictures (you can see close-up of leonor's little face..)
wish is the link to goff pics? and do I have to registrer in the site?

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_platinum
more of little leonor from facetoface
And, can you tell me if there's a link to facetoface images?

Thanks! I'll apreciate that
Old 01-04-2006, 08:54 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by photofan
And, can you tell me if there's a link to facetoface images?
Please, look for it in the forum Support and Feedback.
Old 01-04-2006, 09:17 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by photofan
And what was it? some stranger hold the baby?
No, I don't think it happened. Maybe it was a way for Letizia to tell Felipe to hold the baby. It was courious to me, that she expressed like that, but maybe it was a way of speaking to Felipe.
Old 01-04-2006, 04:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel
No, I don't think it happened. Maybe it was a way for Letizia to tell Felipe to hold the baby. It was courious to me, that she expressed like that, but maybe it was a way of speaking to Felipe.
That's what I thought, kinda like a cue.
Old 01-04-2006, 04:53 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

She wasn't talking to Felipe but to the journalists... I see no oddity in it... Here's another article about it:

http://www.especialeshf.com/bodareal...noticia197.htm

Leonor, who arrived in Lanzarote on December 26th, monopolized the attention of the cameras, during the fifteen minutes that lasted the photo session; it was enough time to appreciate the remarkable evolution of the girl. Dressed, like her parents, in casuals and jeans, the seventh grandchild of Their Majesties has grown up several centimetres and she already weights five kilos. And, as it’s normal, she is now much more wide-awake and expressive. To prove it she immediately protested for the sun that was reflecting on her little face, illuminating the outside of La Mareta.

The Princess, totally recovered, did not stop making caresses to her baby and she was so happy and relaxed that she asked the journalists: "Does anyone want to old her”? Don Felipe, on the other hand, took the girl in his arms and observed: "I still can carry her, she weights little yet".
Old 01-04-2006, 05:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Ariel is right, She was talking to Felipe. It was her playful way asking Felipe to hold the baby and Felipe wanted to hold the baby at that time too. The EFE got it wrong first, then some articles just copied the infos sent out by EFE.
Old 01-04-2006, 05:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

It seems that there is not very clear what she said. The Prince should to her have said that he wanted to take the girl, and Letizia said " he Wants to take her " and it seems that a journalists of some agency he took how one asks the journalists. It happens in occasions that an agency interprets badly something and the news spreads with some incorrect information. It is Christmas, there are vacations and most of the news is of agency. If one commits a mistake it repeats itself later in all the newspapers and magazines.

Today the same thing has happened with the Infantas in Baqueira, the Kings for several years they do not go to Baqueira, an agency presented how an innovation and the same thing has repeated itself in several mass media.
Old 01-05-2006, 01:39 PM
Nobility

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxsteve
Why is everyone so concerned/worried about the baby's eyes? What if she had brown eyes like her mother? Why is blue better? I think the baby is cute and thank God she is able to see...with blue or dark brown or green or any other color of eyes...even the parents asked if they could see the eye color...please...let us know how the baby is doing. I have never heard that from Maxima or Mary. Letizia is too concerned about looks.
Its not that the people and Princess Letizia are concerned or worried about the color of the Infantas eyes,or they think blue eyes is better, its just that they are amazed that the little infanta got her daddys blue eyes..I think its a sweet and fascinating thing that a baby girl got his daddys eye color, much more when youre talking about the future king of Spain and his little princess:) ...

Old 01-05-2006, 02:01 PM
Courtier

If you say so...I still think that they don't make such a big deal with Fred or WA. What about Princess Ingrid? No one ever said that. I think Letizia is worried about silly things like that...sorry but to me it's the truth...I respect your opinion...hopefully, you will respect mine.
Old 01-05-2006, 02:04 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahoogie
Its not that the people and Princess Letizia are concerned or worried about the color of the Infantas eyes,or they think blue eyes is better, its just that they are amazed that the little infanta got her daddys blue eyes..I think its a sweet and fascinating thing that a baby girl got his daddys eye color, much more when youre talking about the future king of Spain and his little princess:) ...
Also there was some speculation in some media about the fact that no one saw Infanta Leonor's eyes during her presentation. Some even sugested it was weird that she didn't open her eyes throughout the two photo sessions. I think what Princess Letizia wanted to say was "Look at my daughter's eyes. They are beautifull!" Needless to say it in my opinion, once the baby become so disturbed by the sunlight... She is a perfect baby that makes her parents delightd with her, but it must be hard for Letizia to read such nosense about her baby and she is aware that this is a special child so this was her way to tranquilize people. They can't be all the time denying all the nonseses that appear so it is natural that they take these chances to get things straight.

Regards,
mtbcm :)
Old 01-05-2006, 02:13 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxsteve
What about Princess Ingrid? No one ever said that.
But I have no doubt that as a mother Mette-Marit would have liked to say something about all that hair-speculation surrounding her little daughter.

I think the only thing that separate these mums are the way they handle the matters.

And even Maxima, look how she tries to make her daughters smile and laugh whenever they appear. It is, probably, her subtle way to say people "Look how nice my daughter is. She isn't always with that frown you point out"»!"

I have a son and a daughter and I think I know what I am talking about. We all want everyone to like our babies. For us they are perfect and hurts to hear people saying otherwise.

For a Royal the weight of such critics are even bigger.

Regards,
mtbcm :)

Tags
christmas, felipe, infanta leonor, lanzarote, leonor, letizia, prince of asturias, princess of asturias