World Economic Forum, Davos: 2000-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Presumably if she has time to change her clothes, then she can change her shoes at the same time.

Any mention of when the WFP event took place?

some people criticize her because they say she worries too much about being a fashionista and not enough about being queen...then some people criticize her because she didn't change her shoes...

poor woman simply can't win :ermm:

25-01-2008 Davos Queen Rania of Jordan attends the session "Corporate Global Citizenship in the 21st Century" at the World Economic Forum in Davos 25 January 2008. The annual Davos gathering of the world's political and business elite.
PPE Agency

25-01-2008 Count Davos Queen Rania of Jordan addresses an audience during a working session titled 'Girls Count' at the World Economic Forum in Davos
PPE Agency

24-01-2008 Davos Queen Rania of Jordan launches the ''Empowering One Million Arab Youth by 2018'' Campaign, which was conceived by UNJAZ al-arab
PPE Agency

Other picture of Queen: January, 26th.

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/7518/mranimi5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have just watched on youtube the clip "Corporate Global Citizenship in the 21st Century" with Queen Rania and I'm very impressed. She's a very clever and beautiful woman!

Last edited:
Yes the INJAZ and Girls Count events both took place on the 24th.

Here are the articles from Queen Rania's website:

Queen Rania highlights humanitarian crisis in Gaza

Highlighting the humanitarian crisis was the Queen's main message in Davos. During an interview with CNN’s Becky Anderson, Queen Rania said, "I think it is clear to everybody that neither blackages nor bombs are going to bring peace to the region. And I think what we are seeing today is adding another layer of grievances to a situation that has been burdened with tragedy, destruction and death and heartache. The humanitarian situation is extremely worrying at the moment.” Rania Al-Abdullah Queen of Jordan Official Web Site

Queen Rania launches campaign to prepare 1 million Arab youth for workforce

Office of Her Majesty, Press Department - Davos) Joined by 40 international and regional CEOs, Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah of Jordan launched a campaign at the World Economic Forum, in Davos, Thursday, to support the work readiness skills of high school students across the Arab world.

The campaign, "Empowering One Million Arab Youth by 2018", was conceived by INJAZ al-Arab, a confederation of national operations working with 10,000 corporate volunteers to train Arab students through exciting hands-on programs in work readiness, in partnership with ministries of education. Rania Al-Abdullah Queen of Jordan Official Web Sitehttp://www.queenrania.jo/content/fr...From=&searchOrder=0&showMore=more&itemID=1793

Last edited:
World Economic Forum Annual Meeting 2010: 27-31 January

World Economic Forum Annual Meeting 2010
Davos-Klosters, Switzerland 27 - 31 January

King Abdullah will participate next Friday 29 (14.00h) and Queen Rania will participate on Saturday 30 (9.00h).

Welcome. I think King will travel to Davos after his visit to Spain. They attend this event usually since 2000.

Welcome. I think King will travel to Davos after his visit to Spain. They attend this event usually since 2000.

When will he be going to Spain?
Does the King always attend this event or depends from year to year?

When will he be going to Spain?
Does the King always attend this event or depends from year to year?

Next Wednesday.
Always not he attended it some years.

Thanks for your reply Salma.

Here is an article about Davos, nothing important, just mentioning the King & Queen will be in Davos for 3 days.

Then King won´t be during Queen´s speech in Davos.

the king will be in Sapin first before flying to Davos and Rania is not going with him maybe the Queen will be in Switzerland before him.

the king will be in Sapin first before flying to Davos and Rania is not going with him maybe the Queen will be in Switzerland before him.
The King will be Wednesday in Spain and Friday in Davos. Queen Rania has her speech on Saturday. If Im right...

Why? Has he an other event?

Petra´s article says that he will be thre day working visit, then he will be one day in Madrid and two days in Davos (wed-friday).

Petra´s article says that he will be thre day working visit, then he will be one day in Madrid and two days in Davos (wed-friday).
Thanks for explanation. Now I understand.

Scarf: check. Gloves: check. Warmest coat: check. Secret hand warmers: check. I’m ready for the World Economic Forum at Davos!
twitter

Wocial - Schott’s Vocab Blog - NYTimes.com
...This is the time of day that you are as likely to walk into a small, dark restaurant and spot David Cameron pink-faced and fishing around for his bread cube in the cheese fondue as Bono, still in his wrap-around shades, chatting nonchalantly to Queen Rania about Aids.

King meets several leaders taking part in Davos conference

Davos, Jan. 28 (Petra)--His Majesty King Abdullah II on Thursday held talks with several leaders taking part in World Economic Forum held in Swiss city of Davoos .

The King's talks with President of the Swiss Confederation Doris Leuthard focused on ways to boost bilateral ties, particularly, in the economic fields and the Mideast developments.
Jordan News Agency - Petra - King meets several leaders taking part in Davoos conference

Back
Top Bottom