The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > King Abdullah and Queen Rania and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-26-2008, 01:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Some more articles:
World Leaders Vow To Act Together On Millennium Development Goals | January 26, 2008 | AHN
World Leaders Fortify Commitments to Environment
Gulfnews: Millennium development goals elusive

Thanks for those photos, it was great to see Liya Kebede there, she's really utilised her fame in a positive way imo.
Liya Kebede - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 01-26-2008, 01:31 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative - Morocco

thanks everybody for photos and video QRania looks great.

Old 01-26-2008, 04:43 PM
Nobility

Sorry but the black draped dress doesn't need a belt. If she thought it wasn't fitted enough to be flattering, she shouldn't have worn it at all. And why her day shoes from the morning's meeting with what is essentially a cocktail dress?
Old 01-26-2008, 06:59 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

The dress is navy blue and I actually think the black belt completes the look. The black shoes go with the belt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asturiana View Post
I know that QR likes big handbags. I don't think that it looks bad, but I generally don't like big handbags . I would like to see the video. Is it available on internet?
well big bags have been in vogue for a couple of seasons and I suppose they must come in handy when someone has a busy schedule or is travelling overseas, not counting the dinner QR seems to have had four engagements yesterday, YGL/INJAZ, WFP and the two WEF sessions (the corporate session and the education roundtable).
I only have these two pics from last year's meeting at davos (i saw the video on CNN last year so cant help you with that, sorry)
Supload.com // Free Image Hosting
Supload.com // Free Image Hosting
you'll find similar pictures from previous davos meetings and others like the YGL forum in 2005.
Old 01-27-2008, 07:00 AM
Royal Highness

I think the belt is brown and the shoes are the same from the morning .
Old 01-27-2008, 07:45 AM
Nobility

I like all what she wore, it was simple and of good tasteher dinner dress has a nice cut and color, her hairdo suits her, and her make-up is refined
Old 01-27-2008, 08:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelsea View Post
Sorry but the black draped dress doesn't need a belt. If she thought it wasn't fitted enough to be flattering, she shouldn't have worn it at all. And why her day shoes from the morning's meeting with what is essentially a cocktail dress?
Lack of time?

Indira Nooyi is wearing the same (or a very similar outfit) as what she wore during the day. The WEF isn't a fashion parade so I expect both ladies had other things on their mind....
Old 01-27-2008, 09:45 AM
Super Moderator

January 26

Queen Rania has a habbit of recycling items during a single trip. If she's on a state or official visit, she'll use the same handbag during several engagements, or she'll wear the same earrings to a day and evening event. She obviously doesn't like to travel with a whole lot of accessories.
I know when Im travelling I tend to pack shoes/handbages that will go with more than one outfit (sometimes I'll just carry one handbag with me to use throughout the visit). It just makes things easier, I dont use up as much space and dont have to carry a lot of weight.
Now I doubt Rania has that problem but even then its a matter of convenience. And when you're someone like her and have to attend multiple events in a single day, you try to save time but cutting up on the amount of things you have to change into.

I dont think Queen Rania participated in any sessions herself yesterday however it does seem that she was around to meet the delegates, I know that she likes to drop in to watch sessions that interest her.

Some new pictures from the 26th:

DAVOS/SWITZERLAND, 26JAN08 - Bono (L), Musician, DATA (DEBT, AIDS, TRADE, AFRICA), United Kingdom meets H.M. Queen Rania Al Abdullah of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, Member of the Foundation Board of the World Economic Forum, at the Annual Meeting 2008 of the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, January 26, 2008.DAVOS/SWITZERLAND, 26JAN08 - H.M. Queen Rania Al Abdullah of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, Member of the Foundation Board of the World Economic Forum meets Tony Blair, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom (1997-2007); Member of the Foundation Board of the World Economic Forum; Co-Chair of the World Economic Forum Annual Meeting 2008, at the Annual Meeting 2008 of the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, January 26, 2008.

There was a gala soiree on the evening of the 26th but I haven't seen any pictures of Rania or of the other heads-of-state and prominent figures at Davos for that matter.
Old 01-27-2008, 01:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Some more photos of Davos on flickr, there's a nice one of Queen Rania
Flickr: Photos from Robert Scoble
Old 01-27-2008, 01:28 PM
Nobility

Jordan Times

AMMAN (JT) - Her Majesty Queen Rania on Friday spoke out about the deteriorating situation in Gaza, highlighting the humanitarian crisis in the strip.

The newspaper then mentions that she attended a WEF working session entitled “Girls Count” as well as the launch of a campaign to support the work readiness skills of high school students across the Arab world via INJAZ Al Arab, both on Thursday.
Old 01-27-2008, 03:03 PM
Nobility

Presumably if she has time to change her clothes, then she can change her shoes at the same time.
Old 01-27-2008, 04:49 PM
Super Moderator

Any mention of when the WFP event took place?
Old 01-27-2008, 05:58 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humera View Post
Any mention of when the WFP event took place?
24th January
Old 01-28-2008, 01:10 AM
Aristocracy

some people criticize her because they say she worries too much about being a fashionista and not enough about being queen...then some people criticize her because she didn't change her shoes...

poor woman simply can't win
Old 01-28-2008, 12:28 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger

25-01-2008 Davos Queen Rania of Jordan attends the session "Corporate Global Citizenship in the 21st Century" at the World Economic Forum in Davos 25 January 2008. The annual Davos gathering of the world's political and business elite.
PPE Agency

25-01-2008 Count Davos Queen Rania of Jordan addresses an audience during a working session titled 'Girls Count' at the World Economic Forum in Davos
PPE Agency

24-01-2008 Davos Queen Rania of Jordan launches the ''Empowering One Million Arab Youth by 2018'' Campaign, which was conceived by UNJAZ al-arab
PPE Agency

Other picture of Queen: January, 26th.

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/7518/mranimi5.jpg
Old 01-28-2008, 01:01 PM

I have just watched on youtube the clip "Corporate Global Citizenship in the 21st Century" with Queen Rania and I'm very impressed. She's a very clever and beautiful woman!
Old 01-28-2008, 04:08 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by salma View Post
24th January
24-28th January.
Great to see Rania. She looked good.
Her appearance on the 25th at working session titled 'Girls Count'
Old 01-28-2008, 04:54 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger

Rania Al-Abdullah Queen of Jordan Official Web Site

In her website said both events took place 24th January.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:24 PM
Super Moderator

Yes the INJAZ and Girls Count events both took place on the 24th.

Here are the articles from Queen Rania's website:

Queen Rania highlights humanitarian crisis in Gaza

Highlighting the humanitarian crisis was the Queen's main message in Davos. During an interview with CNN’s Becky Anderson, Queen Rania said, "I think it is clear to everybody that neither blackages nor bombs are going to bring peace to the region. And I think what we are seeing today is adding another layer of grievances to a situation that has been burdened with tragedy, destruction and death and heartache. The humanitarian situation is extremely worrying at the moment.” Rania Al-Abdullah Queen of Jordan Official Web Site

Queen Rania launches campaign to prepare 1 million Arab youth for workforce

Office of Her Majesty, Press Department - Davos) Joined by 40 international and regional CEOs, Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah of Jordan launched a campaign at the World Economic Forum, in Davos, Thursday, to support the work readiness skills of high school students across the Arab world.

The campaign, "Empowering One Million Arab Youth by 2018", was conceived by INJAZ al-Arab, a confederation of national operations working with 10,000 corporate volunteers to train Arab students through exciting hands-on programs in work readiness, in partnership with ministries of education. Rania Al-Abdullah Queen of Jordan Official Web Site
Old 01-29-2008, 03:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Queen Rania of Jordan talks with Irish rock star Bono. 26-January-2008
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d...h_69375971.jpg
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d...h_69376201.jpg

Queen Rania of Jordan launches the ''Empowering One Million Arab Youth by 2018'' 24-January-2008
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d..._080124821.jpg
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d..._080124811.jpg
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d..._080124801.jpg

Queen Rania of Jordan is talking about 'Girls Count' 25-January-2008
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d.../080125021.jpg

Tags
davos, king abdullah, kinga abdullah at wef, queen rania, queen rania at wef, wef, wef 2006, wef 2007, wef 2008, wef 2010, world economic forum