Working visit to the UK: June 3-5, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chelsea

Nobility
City
London
Country
United Kingdom
I see from Petra that the king and queen are on their way to London for a working visit.

I doubt she went to the UK to work. It looks to me to be another "break" for her, the latest of several holidays she's already enjoyed this year.
If that were the case it would be highly unlikely that Petra would even mention her departure.

She may well be attending private meetings, the King was at Sandhurst yesterday and there was barely any media coverage.

King visits Oxford Center for Islamic Studies
Picture

King Abdullah II of Jordan with his son, Prince Hashem, following a meeting with British Prime Minister Gordon Brown at Downing Street in London, Britain, 05 June 2008.
Pic 1 -- Pic 2

Britain's Prime Minister Gordon Brown (L) greets King Abdullah II of Jordan outside 10 Downing Street in London, on June 5, 2008.
Pic 1 -- Pic 2

the King was at Sandhurst yesterday and there was barely any media coverage.
Except a few pictures.

His Majesty King Abdullah II of Jordan (L) during his visit the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst, England, on 03rd June 2008 to inaugurate the new Athletics Ground for which he provided a large degree of funding. His Majesty officially opened the new athletics track.
Pic 1 -- Pic 2 -- Pic 3

Last edited:
King Abdullah II of Jordan with his son, Prince Hashem, following a meeting with British Prime Minister Gordon Brown at Downing Street in London, Britain, 05 June 2008.
Pic 1 -- Pic 2
Oh, cute pictures:wub:. Thanks dazzling.

‘Israeli settlement policies threaten Palestinian rights’

...King Abdullah and Brown also discussed bilateral issues and ways to develop ties, especially in the economic field. The Monarch expressed appreciation of British support for Jordan's recent efforts to buy back part of its debt to the Paris Club.
King Abdullah and Her Majesty Queen Rania are on a several-day working visit to the UK... - JordanTimes Article

Hashem must be quite the little diplomat now! Does he often go with his parents on trips?

Hashem must be quite the little diplomat now! Does he often go with his parents on trips?

yes his mother started taking him along on foreign trips when he was just a couple of months old.

yes his mother started taking him along on foreign trips when he was just a couple of months old.

Yes I think the first time was in Bahrein, next Turkey...

Prince Hashem is soooooo cute ...:):wub::)

June 5, 2008

All children deserve best start in life so they’ll have a life to look forward to _________ Queen

As a member of the Board of Directors of GAVI, Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah spent Thursday evening highlighting the organization’s accomplishments, which include preventing over 3 million deaths since its inception. Queen Rania also urged the fundraiser attendees to realize the personal and collective responsibility in investing in child health around the world.
. . . As a mother of four healthy and vaccinated children, she said, “I feel strongly that every child of every mother deserves the same protection and care as my children and your children… And GAVI is bringing that noble vision closer to reality each day – saving lives, promoting research, and strengthening health systems worldwide.” News

Queen Rania looks fantastic as always,although i think she should consider cutting her hair,its way too long!

where are they now by the way? They have left London but don't seem to be back in Jordan.

KA is back in Jordan,

King Receives Credentials of a Number of Ambassadors
News

Thanks everyone for the information. Prince Hashem looked really cute while visiting Downing Street!

Jordan's King Abdullah II receives honorary degree

His Majesty King Abdullah II of Jordan has been awarded the degree of Doctor of Civil Law by Diploma at the Sheldonian Theatre in Oxford.
This degree is mainly awarded to heads of state. There are currently 21 living holders of the degree, including Queen Elizabeth II; King Harald, King of Norway; and Vaclav Havel, former President of the Czech Republic.
Jordan's King Abdullah II receives honorary degree - University of Oxford

the page also has a link to the King's speech

Back
Top Bottom