The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-19-2006, 04:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for all the pictures and information. It's nice to see she gets some time to herself as well.

Clinton Global Initiative Meets in NYC
The list of invited guests, capped at about 900 people, includes such diverse voices as Afghanistan President Hamid Karzai, Queen Rania Al-Abdullah of Jordan, cyclist Lance Armstrong, CBS News anchor Katie Couric and U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan.

Participants are expected to make a specific commitment toward advancing the solutions to the problems identified during the conference. Last year's conference resulted in 300 commitments totaling about $2 billion. Organizers hope to match that this year.
LINK

Old 09-19-2006, 05:38 PM
Heir Apparent

King Abdullah II Bin Al Hussein of Jordan addresses the 61st session of the United Nations General Assembly at U.N. headquarters, Tuesday, Sept. 19, 2006.

from yahoo/ap

Old 09-19-2006, 06:26 PM
Heir Apparent

UNITED NATIONS (AP)--Jordan's King Abdullah II said Tuesday that until Israel ends its occupation of Palestinian lands and gives Palestinians their rights, the cycle of violence will continue in the region and its effects will be felt throughout the world.
"I come before you today with a deep sense of urgency," Abdullah told the 61st session of the U.N. General Assembly. "Never has it been more important for the world community to act decisively for peace in my region."
LINK
Old 09-20-2006, 03:50 AM
Nobility

Spotted this article from what I believe is a Pakistani website. It seems Clinton hosted a lunch for Abdullah and Rania Tuesday.

http://www.dawn.com/2006/09/20/top8.htm

NEW YORK, Sept 19: A luncheon hosted by American businessmen and investors at a swank restaurant for President Musharraf had surprise visitors ó the King and Queen of Jordan, accompanied by former US president Bill Clinton, in a warm gesture to the Pakistani leader.
Old 09-20-2006, 04:19 AM
Heir Apparent

New York, Sep.20(Petra)—His Majesty King Abdullah II met on Tuesday afternoon with US foreign minister Condolesa Rice to discuss practical steps to revive the Middle East peace process and achieve just, comprehensive and sustainable solution for the Palestinian problem which is the essence of all conflicts in the region.
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Sep/20/23000.htm
Old 09-20-2006, 04:28 AM
Heir Apparent

King Abdullah with Kofi Annan, Pervez Musharraf and Oscar Arias:

Over 200 Arab and American leaders from private sector, media, public sector and civil society today gathered in a first of a kind step toward establishing a platform for dialogue between the Arab world and the U.S.

The participants included H.M. King Abdullah II; H.H. Crown Prince of Bahrain Shaikh Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa; former U.S. President Bill Clinton; Founder and CEO of the World Economic Forum Klaus Schwab; Dina Powell, Assistant Secretary, Education and Cultural Affairs, U.S. Department of State; and Deputy Secretary General of the United Nations, Mark Mallock Brown.
Young Arab Leaders promote cooperation and dialogue | Young Arab Leaders (YAL)

MUMBAI: History shows that the world is plagued with the casualties of religious and ethnic conflicts. With recent struggles in Lebanon and Israel and daily clashes in Iraq, the Middle East is a hotbed of religious and ethnic conflict. CNN will air the hour long documentary In God's Name: A Global Summit With President Clinton on 23 September at 5:30 pm and on 24 September at 3:30 pm.

. This asks whether religion is the solution or the problem. The special is moderated by CNNís chief international correspondent Christiane Amanpour and features former U.S. President Bill Clinton in the third and final CNN special program. Joining them is an expert panel including Israeli Vice Premier, Shimon Peres; U.S. Assistant Secretary of State, Dina Powell; Her Majesty Queen Rania Al-Abdullah of Jordan; Former United Nations Special Envoy, Lakhdar Brahimi; Former U.S. Senator and Northern Ireland peace negotiator, George Mitchell and editor-at-large of Beirut-based Daily Star newspaper, Rami Khouri
Indiantelevision.com > News Room Headlines > CNN to air summit with former US president Clinton

It's good CNN are broadcasting the programme, not only can we all see it, but it will be broadcast to a much wider audience!
Old 09-20-2006, 01:04 PM
Nobility

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/st...4436670&EDATE=

NEW YORK, Sept. 20 /PRNewswire/ -- King Abdullah II of Jordan presided over a ceremony in New York City on September 20th marking the creation of the Red Sea Institute of Cinematic Arts (RSICA) in Jordan's Red Sea resort town of Aqaba. The institute is a joint effort of the Royal Film Commission of Jordan and the School of Cinema-Television at the University of Southern California. The institute will enroll men and women from the Middle East region in a specialized learning environment dedicated to teaching all disciplines of the cinematic arts.
Old 09-20-2006, 04:10 PM
Nobility

Getty has pictures from Rania's visit to Harlem today.

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/sou...%7c0&p=7&tag=5

Press release about the visit:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/usnw/2006092...hildren310_xml

NEW YORK, Sept. 20 /U.S. Newswire/ -- Her Majesty Queen Rania Al-Abdullah of Jordan joined Children's Defense Fund President Marian Wright Edelman and Association to Benefit Children (ABC) President Gretchen Buchenholz to tour ABC's new Echo Park children and family facility in Harlem and visit with children and their families today, Wednesday Sept. 20.

More information about Her Majesty Queen Rania and Marian Wright Edelman's partnership for children and the Global Women's Action Fund For Children can be found on the CDF web site at http://www.childrensdefense.org
Old 09-20-2006, 04:20 PM
Gentry

Thank you Adamari for the link to the photo site.

And to everyone else for the links to the various articles.
Old 09-20-2006, 06:16 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Love the pictures of Queen Rania in Harlem, especially the ones of her playing with the children. The visit was related to the Global Womens' Action Network launched by the Queen and other notable women in June.

I also love the article from Dawn about President Clinton and the King and Queen's surprise visit to President Musharraf, very sweet. Thanks for the link Adamari.

September 19, 2006 - Queen Rania arriving at ABC Studios in New York City for an appearance on Good Morning America.
(Roger Wong/Infgoff/Viennareport via fotomarktplatz)
Old 09-20-2006, 07:26 PM
Courtier

Have you noticed how Rania always has a color theme either during her visits abroad or for a few weeks/months in Jordan? In the beginning years as queen she wore white a lot and then started wearing turquoise blue a lot. For this visit, it seems she's wearing only browns.

also, did Rania appear on GMA already? or was it a taped sequence that's going to be aired later?
Old 09-20-2006, 07:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by madonna23
Have you noticed how Rania always has a color theme either during her visits abroad or for a few weeks/months in Jordan? In the beginning years as queen she wore white a lot and then started wearing turquoise blue a lot. For this visit, it seems she's wearing only browns.
Can't say I really thought about it, although it could just be a seasonal thing. After all, browns tend to be viewed as autumnal colours.
Old 09-20-2006, 10:29 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by madonna23

also, did Rania appear on GMA already? or was it a taped sequence that's going to be aired later?
Madonna23 very interesting observation! I just always thought she liked the color white because it made her dark hair/eyes/skin stand out. I love that color on her. But you're right she seems to be wearing a lot browns on this trip--I wonder how and if she truly does pick a color theme or she's doing it because it's Fall?

I checked GMA website and there was nothing there today so maybe it will be pretaped and aired later. We should keep and eye on that.
Old 09-20-2006, 10:47 PM
Aristocracy

I been watching CNN and I saw a clips of the lunchen. K.A. was sitting at the table with the President. Not to sound silly, but can someone tell me Where the QUeen was? Was she their or not or was she doing something else. Thanks....
For those who have seen the Earth from space, and for the hundreds and perhaps thousands more who will,The experience most certainly changes your percetive.The things that we share in our world are far more valuable than those which divide us.
Donald Williams.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:59 AM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
I just saw Queen Rania on Good Morning America. Besides looking absolutely fabulous, she is a remarkable woman. Very well spoken. I used to pronounce her name as Ran-ya but now I know its Ron-ya.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:07 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerry
I just saw Queen Rania on Good Morning America. Besides looking absolutely fabulous, she is a remarkable woman. Very well spoken. I used to pronounce her name as Ran-ya but now I know its Ron-ya.
Kerry, you were right before, it is actually pronounced Ran-ya not Ron-ya, whoever pronounced it Ron-ya is definetly not an Arab and doesn't know the right pronounciation, hope this is of some help
Old 09-21-2006, 10:24 AM
Courtier

I noticed the pronounciation difference as well (in my mind I always called her "RAN-ya" myself ). It was nice to see her in a major American morning show again. She was on the "Today" show a while ago after Hashem was born IIRC. Beautiful and elegant as always.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Queen Rania Al-Abdullah of Jordan waves from the stage of a panel discussion about Managing Diversity in a Globalized World at the Clinton Global

from terra

Old 09-21-2006, 11:20 AM
Serene Highness

thanks little star, i'm going to try and watch
how gracious to not correct someone on live tv saying your name wrong, i would have been rude and corrected them and made them look like an idiot. sorry i missed it
Old 09-21-2006, 02:37 PM
Nobility

The Good Morning America interview she probably pre-taped.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=2472279&page=1

Sept. 21, 2006 — Jordan's Queen Rania Al-Abdullah believes that Muslims have been victims of stereotypes and that Pope Benedict XVI's recent comments about Islam underscore the prejudice many feel worldwide.

Getty has photos up from her appearance at the CGI this morning.