The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-24-2006, 01:45 PM
Aristocracy

Hello Ladies.... I don't mean to change the suject on you. I finding your conversation quite interesting. But, I have a royal question and i have to change the subject totally. Now correct me if i am wrong. It is a tradtion or a rule, or what ever you want call it. That the wife of a King has to walk three steps behind her husband....I notice a few time where QR was walking ahead of KA. I know when the Queen a England was here to celebrate our 100 birthday, I never once saw her husband walking beside her or ahead of her. HE was always behing her. I know her husband is a Prince. Does the same rule apply to a Queen or because she is a QUeen she doesn't have to.... Sorry for the silly questions, but i am still learning..... Merci again ....

Old 03-24-2006, 06:18 PM
Nobility

Queen Rania looks really good, love her style, she never fails to look good. By the way, many royals can aford designer cloths, but that doesnt make each one of them stylish. Shes photographed by international media, i dont know what people expect her to wear

Old 03-24-2006, 07:18 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudia Lisa Remy
Hello Ladies.... I don't mean to change the suject on you. I finding your conversation quite interesting. But, I have a royal question and i have to change the subject totally. Now correct me if i am wrong. It is a tradtion or a rule, or what ever you want call it. That the wife of a King has to walk three steps behind her husband....I notice a few time where QR was walking ahead of KA. I know when the Queen a England was here to celebrate our 100 birthday, I never once saw her husband walking beside her or ahead of her. HE was always behing her. I know her husband is a Prince. Does the same rule apply to a Queen or because she is a QUeen she doesn't have to.... Sorry for the silly questions, but i am still learning..... Merci again ....
I think that rule does apply for official events. The person with the higher rank walks ahead. For example, when the Irish president was visiting Jordan, she and King Abdullah walked ahead while the president's husband and QR walked behind.
Otherwise, QR and KA usually walk side by side.
When Queen Elizabeth was visiting Canada, you probably noticed that Prince Philip was always walking behind her, even during walkabouts.
The royals of Brunei are very particular about observing these rules. At all events, every member of the royal family walks in according to their rank, and birth order (among the sultan's children)