The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 09:58 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
when did I do that?
Infact I pointed out that people on TRF have claimed to speak for Jordan.
It was by implication in an earlier post.

Old 02-01-2006, 09:58 AM
Heir Apparent

"Yes, they do brag until investigators come sniffing around then these so called 'brave men' show themselves for the cowards they are by keeping quiet."
Hardly, shamefully in most muslim countries they continue with little interference from the police, who often stand by or are aware of the killing and may even be involved.

Old 02-01-2006, 09:59 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
"Having been at plenty of dinners with members of the World Bank and the IMF not to mention diplomats and politicians, I can assure you that although it may not be publicised it is well known about in certain circles, not just with Jordan but other countries too."

Thanks, but asurances don't really cut it for me, I'm well aware of the muky world of politics.
I prefer to deal in cold hard facts though.
So you'll have access to the accounts then??? You will be able to post balance sheets to show the rest of us exactly where we are going wrong?
Old 02-01-2006, 10:01 AM
Nobility

Quote:
"Yes, they do brag until investigators come sniffing around then these so called 'brave men' show themselves for the cowards they are by keeping quiet."
Hardly, shamefully in most muslim countries they continue with little interference from the police, who often stand by or are aware of the killing and may even be involved.
Moat honour killings in the Middle East take place in the back streets with no prior warning.
Old 02-01-2006, 10:03 AM
Nobility

To hear you talk Little Star, you would think that all Muslim men are monsters who condone this sort of thing which is simply not true.
Old 02-01-2006, 10:04 AM
Nobility

Anyway, we have all digressed so lets get back to what annoys people about Abdullah and Rania...........................................
Old 02-01-2006, 10:05 AM
Heir Apparent

"Moat honour killings in the Middle East take place in the back streets with no prior warning."

I'm sorry, but will all due respect that is completely untrue and to suggest it is the truth is a fallacy.
Which Middle Eastern backstreet did these killings take place on?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/o...re/4520682.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4345459.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/kent/4099053.stm
Old 02-01-2006, 10:08 AM
Nobility

Quote:
"Moat honour killings in the Middle East take place in the back streets with no prior warning."

I'm sorry, but will all due respect that is completely untrue and to suggest it is the truth is a fallacy.
Which Middle Eastern backstreet did these killings take place on?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/o...re/4520682.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4345459.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/kent/4099053.stm
Forgive me, I didn't realize we had suddenly decided to talk about the back streets of Northern England. I thought we were talking about the Middle East!

However, not to detract from these links in any way, ignorance is capable of getting on an aeroplane and importing itself to a new arena. This is not to be tolerate d anywhere in the world and should be made illegal and punished.
Old 02-01-2006, 10:08 AM
Heir Apparent

"So you'll have access to the accounts then??? You will be able to post balance sheets to show the rest of us exactly where we are going wrong?"

No, again you seem to be missing the point. I never made assertions about aid money, I merely asked people to prove the assertions they were making were, in fact, true.

In a court of law the burden of proof is on the peson bringing the accusation, and seeing as you seem to be one of many supporting this claim I asked for facts, proof and evidence. You provided none, therefore leading to the conclusion the claims aren't true.
It's all very simple really.
Old 02-01-2006, 10:10 AM
Nobility

Again though, please note that the people who murdered did not publicize the fact they were going to do so and there was a wall of silence when police tried to investigate.
Old 02-01-2006, 10:11 AM
Heir Apparent

"Forgive me, I didn't realize we had suddenly decided to talk about the back streets of Northern England. I thought we were talking about the Middle East! "

Oxford, Germany and Kent are in Northern England? Well, I never knew it. My geography teacher clearly failed miserably at teaching me anything.

Again, I was pointing out that your suggestions that honour killings were a Middle Eastern concept confined solely to backstreets were quite unreliable and untrue.
Old 02-01-2006, 10:11 AM
Nobility

Quote:
"So you'll have access to the accounts then??? You will be able to post balance sheets to show the rest of us exactly where we are going wrong?"

No, again you seem to be missing the point. I never made assertions about aid money, I merely asked people to prove the assertions they were making were, in fact, true.

In a court of law the burden of proof is on the peson bringing the accusation, and seeing as you seem to be one of many supporting this claim I asked for facts, proof and evidence. You provided none, therefore leading to the conclusion the claims aren't true.
It's all very simple really.
and as you can not provide proof to contradict, then one must also come to the conclusion that your assertions hold no water either. Think that makes us quits little star.
Old 02-01-2006, 10:12 AM
Heir Apparent

"Again though, please note that the people who murdered did not publicize the fact they were going to do so and there was a wall of silence when police tried to investigate."

In those cases, in most muslim countires however, it's quite different. People are usually quite proud of what they have done.
Old 02-01-2006, 10:12 AM
Nobility

Quote:
"Forgive me, I didn't realize we had suddenly decided to talk about the back streets of Northern England. I thought we were talking about the Middle East! "

Oxford, Germany and Kent are in Northern England? Well, I never knew it. My geography teacher clearly failed miserably at teaching me anything.

Again, I was pointing out that your suggestions that honour killings were a Middle Eastern concept confined solely to backstreets were quite unreliable and untrue.
I said 'most' not 'all' - the case I was thinking of involved people from Bradford, I admit to not following these links.
Old 02-01-2006, 10:13 AM
Nobility

Quote:
"Again though, please note that the people who murdered did not publicize the fact they were going to do so and there was a wall of silence when police tried to investigate."

In those cases, in most muslim countires however, it's quite different. People are usually quite proud of what they have done.
Indeed, we agree on this one, however, the pride soon dissipates when they get called into a police cell, then everyone becomes conveniently blind, deaf and dumb!!!!!
Old 02-01-2006, 10:15 AM
Nobility

Anyway back on to the thread...... Rania and Abdullah and what annoys people.........
Old 02-01-2006, 10:15 AM
Heir Apparent

"and as you can not provide proof to contradict, then one must also come to the conclusion that your assertions hold no water either. Think that makes us quits little star."

Not really? I asked a question, I didn't say I supported the argument one way or another. But your failure to provide any evidence, and the failure of fellow accusers led to my conclusion it was a false and untrue claim. the production of cold hard facts however would provide a different reult.
Old 02-01-2006, 10:18 AM
Nobility

Quote:
"and as you can not provide proof to contradict, then one must also come to the conclusion that your assertions hold no water either. Think that makes us quits little star."

Not really? I asked a question, I didn't say I supported the argument one way or another. But your failure to provide any evidence, and the failure of fellow accusers led to my conclusion it was a false and untrue claim. the production of cold hard facts however would provide a different reult.
We could go round in circles on this one all day. I think one thing, you think another. I have heard it directly from people who know, you don't accept that. I can't produce accounts sheets, neither can you. Bit of a stalemate wouldn't you say?????
Old 02-01-2006, 10:19 AM
Nobility

I would like to get back to the thread now...What annoys people about Rania and Abdullah..... Come on people lets hear it...
Old 02-01-2006, 10:22 AM
Heir Apparent

"We could go round in circles on this one all day. I think one thing, you think another. I have heard it directly from people who know, you don't accept that. "

So you claim, but you've not actually provided anything substantial, so I'm afraid my doubts will persist.

"

I would like to get back to the thread now...What annoys people about Rania and Abdullah..... "

It is relevant to the thread, seeing as several people have stated the use of aid money for personal consumption as a reason for dislike.