The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #101  
Old 02-01-2006, 09:58 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: london, United Kingdom
Posts: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
when did I do that?
Infact I pointed out that people on TRF have claimed to speak for Jordan.
It was by implication in an earlier post.
__________________

__________________
  #102  
Old 02-01-2006, 09:58 AM
Little_star's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,622
"Yes, they do brag until investigators come sniffing around then these so called 'brave men' show themselves for the cowards they are by keeping quiet."
Hardly, shamefully in most muslim countries they continue with little interference from the police, who often stand by or are aware of the killing and may even be involved.
__________________

__________________
Please give whatever you can to the DEC's Pakistan Floods Appeal. Millions of lives are at risk
http://www.dec.org.uk/index.html
  #103  
Old 02-01-2006, 09:59 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: london, United Kingdom
Posts: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
"Having been at plenty of dinners with members of the World Bank and the IMF not to mention diplomats and politicians, I can assure you that although it may not be publicised it is well known about in certain circles, not just with Jordan but other countries too."

Thanks, but asurances don't really cut it for me, I'm well aware of the muky world of politics.
I prefer to deal in cold hard facts though.
So you'll have access to the accounts then??? You will be able to post balance sheets to show the rest of us exactly where we are going wrong?
__________________
  #104  
Old 02-01-2006, 10:01 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: london, United Kingdom
Posts: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
"Yes, they do brag until investigators come sniffing around then these so called 'brave men' show themselves for the cowards they are by keeping quiet."
Hardly, shamefully in most muslim countries they continue with little interference from the police, who often stand by or are aware of the killing and may even be involved.
Moat honour killings in the Middle East take place in the back streets with no prior warning.
__________________
  #105  
Old 02-01-2006, 10:03 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: london, United Kingdom
Posts: 379
To hear you talk Little Star, you would think that all Muslim men are monsters who condone this sort of thing which is simply not true.
__________________
  #106  
Old 02-01-2006, 10:04 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: london, United Kingdom
Posts: 379
Anyway, we have all digressed so lets get back to what annoys people about Abdullah and Rania...........................................
__________________
  #107  
Old 02-01-2006, 10:05 AM
Little_star's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,622
"Moat honour killings in the Middle East take place in the back streets with no prior warning."

I'm sorry, but will all due respect that is completely untrue and to suggest it is the truth is a fallacy.
Which Middle Eastern backstreet did these killings take place on?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/o...re/4520682.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4345459.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/kent/4099053.stm
__________________
Please give whatever you can to the DEC's Pakistan Floods Appeal. Millions of lives are at risk
http://www.dec.org.uk/index.html
  #108  
Old 02-01-2006, 10:08 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: london, United Kingdom
Posts: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
"Moat honour killings in the Middle East take place in the back streets with no prior warning."

I'm sorry, but will all due respect that is completely untrue and to suggest it is the truth is a fallacy.
Which Middle Eastern backstreet did these killings take place on?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/o...re/4520682.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4345459.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/kent/4099053.stm
Forgive me, I didn't realize we had suddenly decided to talk about the back streets of Northern England. I thought we were talking about the Middle East!

However, not to detract from these links in any way, ignorance is capable of getting on an aeroplane and importing itself to a new arena. This is not to be tolerate d anywhere in the world and should be made illegal and punished.
__________________
  #109  
Old 02-01-2006, 10:08 AM
Little_star's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,622
"So you'll have access to the accounts then??? You will be able to post balance sheets to show the rest of us exactly where we are going wrong?"

No, again you seem to be missing the point. I never made assertions about aid money, I merely asked people to prove the assertions they were making were, in fact, true.

In a court of law the burden of proof is on the peson bringing the accusation, and seeing as you seem to be one of many supporting this claim I asked for facts, proof and evidence. You provided none, therefore leading to the conclusion the claims aren't true.
It's all very simple really.
__________________
Please give whatever you can to the DEC's Pakistan Floods Appeal. Millions of lives are at risk
http://www.dec.org.uk/index.html
  #110  
Old 02-01-2006, 10:10 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: london, United Kingdom
Posts: 379
Again though, please note that the people who murdered did not publicize the fact they were going to do so and there was a wall of silence when police tried to investigate.
__________________
  #111  
Old 02-01-2006, 10:11 AM
Little_star's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,622
"Forgive me, I didn't realize we had suddenly decided to talk about the back streets of Northern England. I thought we were talking about the Middle East! "

Oxford, Germany and Kent are in Northern England? Well, I never knew it. My geography teacher clearly failed miserably at teaching me anything.

Again, I was pointing out that your suggestions that honour killings were a Middle Eastern concept confined solely to backstreets were quite unreliable and untrue.
__________________
Please give whatever you can to the DEC's Pakistan Floods Appeal. Millions of lives are at risk
http://www.dec.org.uk/index.html
  #112  
Old 02-01-2006, 10:11 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: london, United Kingdom
Posts: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
"So you'll have access to the accounts then??? You will be able to post balance sheets to show the rest of us exactly where we are going wrong?"

No, again you seem to be missing the point. I never made assertions about aid money, I merely asked people to prove the assertions they were making were, in fact, true.

In a court of law the burden of proof is on the peson bringing the accusation, and seeing as you seem to be one of many supporting this claim I asked for facts, proof and evidence. You provided none, therefore leading to the conclusion the claims aren't true.
It's all very simple really.
and as you can not provide proof to contradict, then one must also come to the conclusion that your assertions hold no water either. Think that makes us quits little star.
__________________
  #113  
Old 02-01-2006, 10:12 AM
Little_star's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,622
"Again though, please note that the people who murdered did not publicize the fact they were going to do so and there was a wall of silence when police tried to investigate."

In those cases, in most muslim countires however, it's quite different. People are usually quite proud of what they have done.
__________________
Please give whatever you can to the DEC's Pakistan Floods Appeal. Millions of lives are at risk
http://www.dec.org.uk/index.html
  #114  
Old 02-01-2006, 10:12 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: london, United Kingdom
Posts: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
"Forgive me, I didn't realize we had suddenly decided to talk about the back streets of Northern England. I thought we were talking about the Middle East! "

Oxford, Germany and Kent are in Northern England? Well, I never knew it. My geography teacher clearly failed miserably at teaching me anything.

Again, I was pointing out that your suggestions that honour killings were a Middle Eastern concept confined solely to backstreets were quite unreliable and untrue.
I said 'most' not 'all' - the case I was thinking of involved people from Bradford, I admit to not following these links.
__________________
  #115  
Old 02-01-2006, 10:13 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: london, United Kingdom
Posts: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
"Again though, please note that the people who murdered did not publicize the fact they were going to do so and there was a wall of silence when police tried to investigate."

In those cases, in most muslim countires however, it's quite different. People are usually quite proud of what they have done.
Indeed, we agree on this one, however, the pride soon dissipates when they get called into a police cell, then everyone becomes conveniently blind, deaf and dumb!!!!!
__________________
  #116  
Old 02-01-2006, 10:15 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: london, United Kingdom
Posts: 379
Anyway back on to the thread...... Rania and Abdullah and what annoys people.........
__________________
  #117  
Old 02-01-2006, 10:15 AM
Little_star's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,622
"and as you can not provide proof to contradict, then one must also come to the conclusion that your assertions hold no water either. Think that makes us quits little star."

Not really? I asked a question, I didn't say I supported the argument one way or another. But your failure to provide any evidence, and the failure of fellow accusers led to my conclusion it was a false and untrue claim. the production of cold hard facts however would provide a different reult.
__________________
Please give whatever you can to the DEC's Pakistan Floods Appeal. Millions of lives are at risk
http://www.dec.org.uk/index.html
  #118  
Old 02-01-2006, 10:18 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: london, United Kingdom
Posts: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
"and as you can not provide proof to contradict, then one must also come to the conclusion that your assertions hold no water either. Think that makes us quits little star."

Not really? I asked a question, I didn't say I supported the argument one way or another. But your failure to provide any evidence, and the failure of fellow accusers led to my conclusion it was a false and untrue claim. the production of cold hard facts however would provide a different reult.
We could go round in circles on this one all day. I think one thing, you think another. I have heard it directly from people who know, you don't accept that. I can't produce accounts sheets, neither can you. Bit of a stalemate wouldn't you say?????
__________________
  #119  
Old 02-01-2006, 10:19 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: london, United Kingdom
Posts: 379
I would like to get back to the thread now...What annoys people about Rania and Abdullah..... Come on people lets hear it...
__________________
  #120  
Old 02-01-2006, 10:22 AM
Little_star's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,622
"We could go round in circles on this one all day. I think one thing, you think another. I have heard it directly from people who know, you don't accept that. "

So you claim, but you've not actually provided anything substantial, so I'm afraid my doubts will persist.

"

I would like to get back to the thread now...What annoys people about Rania and Abdullah..... "

It is relevant to the thread, seeing as several people have stated the use of aid money for personal consumption as a reason for dislike.
__________________

__________________
Please give whatever you can to the DEC's Pakistan Floods Appeal. Millions of lives are at risk
http://www.dec.org.uk/index.html
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
King Abdullah of Jordan and Queen Rania: 10 June 1993 tipper Royal Weddings 70 05-17-2014 04:59 PM
Working visit to New York, Washington: September 13-17, 2005 Humera King Abdullah and Queen Rania and Family 56 10-01-2005 09:59 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit current events engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king constantine ii king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility olympics ottoman pom president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess letizia princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion princess of asturias queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit the hague wedding



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:42 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]