The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #181  
Old 02-03-2006, 05:39 PM
ZZZ's Avatar
ZZZ ZZZ is offline
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: capital, United Arab Emirates
Posts: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizz70
Give me a more "palatable" form of Islam any day over suicide bombings, terrorist groups, bigoted viewpoints regarding human rights and women any day.
Thank goodness that there muslims out there like Queen Rania, Asma Jehanghir and many others.

So, yet AGAIN, back to the stereotyping of Muslims as suicide bombers/religious extremists etc if they do not subscribe to a particular point of view. NOT a very intelligent argument I am afraid.

" I think that a lot of people are getting fed up with being told how to think, feel and pray by the USand it annoys them when QR echoes US views"
So she should be echoing Saudi views then? That would be better? That sounds more than a little silly.

EXCUSE ME!!!!???? Did I say that if one does not support QR's views then one must therefore be an advocate of Wahabism????? Now that is an assertion that sounds silly. Islam encompasses many shades of opinion, not only one whether it be QR's or Wahabism - which by the way, I do not subscribe to.

"Islam was a tolerant religion well before the likes of QR popped up to give her take on it."
Funny that, because if you ask the average non-muslim (and plenty of muslims) these days what they think of Islam tolerance isn't their primary answer. Unsurprisingly.

Again, back to religious stereotyping! Islam is a tolerant religion as is demonstrateed everyday by millions of Muslim men, women and children who go about their daily business peacefully and doing their best to be good people. It shows itself to be tolerant in countless ways historically and in present day. It is men that corrupt not the religion of Islam.
actually it's a BILLION muslims, with a few hundred million extra. extremisim makes up not even 1/20th of it. like all religions, extremisim is an extreme minority.
__________________

  #182  
Old 02-03-2006, 05:42 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: london, United Kingdom
Posts: 379
Arab countries are not the only countries to have faults. The West is far from perfect too.
__________________

  #183  
Old 02-03-2006, 05:44 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: london, United Kingdom
Posts: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZZ
actually it's a BILLION muslims, with a few hundred million extra. extremisim makes up not even 1/20th of it. like all religions, extremisim is an extreme minority.
Exactly! Thank you so much for pointing that out ZZZ. I hate it when people try to use the all Muslims are religious extremists viewpoint when trying to point out that QR's viewpoint isn't the only alternative to Wahabism!
  #184  
Old 02-03-2006, 05:51 PM
ZZZ's Avatar
ZZZ ZZZ is offline
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: capital, United Arab Emirates
Posts: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizz70
Exactly! Thank you so much for pointing that out ZZZ. I hate it when people try to use the all Muslims are religious extremists viewpoint when trying to point out that QR's viewpoint isn't the only alternative to Wahabism!
wahabism may be strict on their own practicing muslims, but it does not hurt others. the strictest form of islam is the true teachings of shiaá.
  #185  
Old 02-03-2006, 05:54 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: london, United Kingdom
Posts: 379
ZZZ, I mentioned Wahabism because Little Star was specifically referring to Saudi Arabia. I don't like it when people start to use stereotypes............
  #186  
Old 02-03-2006, 09:04 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 3,220
Let's get off this topic of religion and focus on the thread's topic: What bothers you about Abdullah and Rania.

Again, I will remind members to not post yoru personal beliefs as facts. If it is your feeling that when Rania speaks she acts as if she is representing the entire Jordanian population with her comments, then say that is how you personally feel, not that is actually what Rania said. If Rania made a speech in which she said "On behalf of all Jordanians ..." then please post the text of that speech.

People are letting personal feelings get mixed up with facts.

Alexandria
Jordanian Forums Moderator
  #187  
Old 02-04-2006, 12:26 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: , United States
Posts: 1
Is it true that she owns shoes made of gold?
  #188  
Old 02-04-2006, 08:45 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: london, United Kingdom
Posts: 379
Thanks for getting us all back on topic Alexandria :)
  #189  
Old 02-04-2006, 02:20 PM
Laraib's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Chicago, United States
Posts: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
"Remember the 2006 greeting card?Why was QUEEN of JORDAN dressed in American clothes along with her kids?"

As do millions of other Arab women. And what exactly are "American clothes"? Are you refering to designer labels, becuase dresses and skirts weren't created by the Americans.......

"When they see a queen dressed in that way they question the rest of the Muslim population who wears hijab or anything else related to Islam. They don't know which one is Islam and who is who.No offense."
So they should. Women who wear hijabs do so through choice.
"Millions of other Arab women" are not actually a QUEEN of a country, nor they have taken on the responsiblity to represent Islam. Fine, not "American clothes" but "Westren clothes." I don't actually remember reading anywhere that jeans and capris are national jodanian clothes.You're right, women who wear hijabs do so by their choice, so how come when women wear hijabs they are seen as being oppressed??? Don't tell me it's not because of how the average western is shown how a head of state is dressed.They question rest of Muslims because they are shown our head of states in jeans and they wonder why on earth are WE wearing hijabs etc.
  #190  
Old 02-04-2006, 02:22 PM
Laraib's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Chicago, United States
Posts: 419
Oh, the above post reflects my opinions not facts.
  #191  
Old 02-04-2006, 04:13 PM
Laraib's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Chicago, United States
Posts: 419
GOLD SHOES FOR A QUEEN
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...7&d=1074469277

That money was well spent!
  #192  
Old 02-05-2006, 02:03 AM
lil Monkey's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: --, United States
Posts: 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laraib
GOLD SHOES FOR A QUEEN
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...7&d=1074469277

That money was well spent!
I really doubt it's true.
  #193  
Old 02-05-2006, 02:11 AM
Humera's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 7,805
There was a similar post on this subject yesterday by a new poster and was deleted. And here it is again. Interesting.
  #194  
Old 02-05-2006, 03:22 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Earth, United States
Posts: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laraib
GOLD SHOES FOR A QUEEN
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...7&d=1074469277

That money was well spent!
There was a discussion about gold shoes of rania before..just do a search on this forum..In all cases, i guess no body knows for sure....so it is open to speculation. Personally, i do not know but I would not be surprised if she has them knowing that she already spent money on things that cost more than the shoes...
  #195  
Old 02-06-2006, 08:05 AM
Little_star's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,605
"So, yet AGAIN, back to the stereotyping of Muslims as suicide bombers/religious extremists etc if they do not subscribe to a particular point of view. NOT a very intelligent argument I am afraid."

"Again, back to religious stereotyping! Islam is a tolerant religion as is demonstrateed everyday by millions of Muslim men, women and children who go about their daily business peacefully and doing their best to be good people. It shows itself to be tolerant in countless ways historically and in present day. It is men that corrupt not the religion of Islam."

Islam may preach tolerance, but there are many many muslims out there who do not. The disgusting reaction to a couple of cartoons throughout the muslim world is just 1 indicator of this.
People can hide behind PC-ism, but Islam today amongst alot of its supporters is not tolerant or compassionate. Pretending otherwise achieves nothing.
__________________
Please give whatever you can to the DEC's Pakistan Floods Appeal. Millions of lives are at risk
http://www.dec.org.uk/index.html
  #196  
Old 02-06-2006, 08:07 AM
Little_star's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,605
I know the management asked that we return to the topic of the thread, but I just wanted to answer previous comments made regarding my post.
__________________
Please give whatever you can to the DEC's Pakistan Floods Appeal. Millions of lives are at risk
http://www.dec.org.uk/index.html
  #197  
Old 02-06-2006, 08:31 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: london, United Kingdom
Posts: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
"So, yet AGAIN, back to the stereotyping of Muslims as suicide bombers/religious extremists etc if they do not subscribe to a particular point of view. NOT a very intelligent argument I am afraid."

"Again, back to religious stereotyping! Islam is a tolerant religion as is demonstrateed everyday by millions of Muslim men, women and children who go about their daily business peacefully and doing their best to be good people. It shows itself to be tolerant in countless ways historically and in present day. It is men that corrupt not the religion of Islam."

Islam may preach tolerance, but there are many many muslims out there who do not. The disgusting reaction to a couple of cartoons throughout the muslim world is just 1 indicator of this.
People can hide behind PC-ism, but Islam today amongst alot of its supporters is not tolerant or compassionate. Pretending otherwise achieves nothing.
Little Star, your comments are offensive in the extreme. How can you condemn millions of people who go about there business peacefully, trying to be good neighbours and members of society, usually in the professions like medicine etc etc on the evidence of such an extreme minority burning down the trade mission in Beirut etc.

These are just a few people and usually the ones from lower socio-economic groups. There are groups of people like this all over the world, in every country. They may not use religion as the starting point for degenerate behaviour but they certainly use other things. There have been riots in every country in the world, civilised or not, Islamic or not.

I find your predjudice against a whole sector of mankind shocking. I hope the administrators say something to you about it as it is unacceptable to be so bigoted.
  #198  
Old 02-06-2006, 08:33 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: london, United Kingdom
Posts: 379
This thread was not started in order to make statements about religion but rather to say what bothers people about two individuals.
  #199  
Old 02-06-2006, 09:12 AM
Little_star's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,605
"Little Star, your comments are offensive in the extreme. How can you condemn millions of people who go about there business peacefully, trying to be good neighbours and members of society, usually in the professions like medicine etc etc on the evidence of such an extreme minority burning down the trade mission in Beirut etc."

Pretending that it's just a minority, only allows extreism to flourish. Let's not kid ourselves here, it's not a tiny cross-section as people would have you believe.

"These are just a few people and usually the ones from lower socio-economic groups. There are groups of people like this all over the world, in every country. They may not use religion as the starting point for degenerate behaviour but they certainly use other things. There have been riots in every country in the world, civilised or not, Islamic or not."

So bin Laden was from a "low socio-economic" group? There are millions upon millions of poverty stricken people, but they don't indulge in such disgusting activities. When was the last time a group of starving Sudanese flew planes into buildings? Or poor Hnidus set off bombs outside embassies and hotels?

"I find your predjudice against a whole sector of mankind shocking. I hope the administrators say something to you about it as it is unacceptable to be so bigoted."

Opening my eyes and looking at the world is not "prejudiced" or "bigoted". Neither is disagreeing with you.
But it's clear to see that there are plenty of problems wrong with muslims today, that only we muslims can sort out. So it's good to see figures like Queen Rania and King Abdullah , as well as many many others, addressing this topic.
__________________
Please give whatever you can to the DEC's Pakistan Floods Appeal. Millions of lives are at risk
http://www.dec.org.uk/index.html
  #200  
Old 02-06-2006, 09:21 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: london, United Kingdom
Posts: 379
The logic you are using to support your argument is the same as people who say all Hindu people are bride-burners and all Catholic priests are paedophiles.

A minority does not speak for the majority.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
King Abdullah of Jordan and Queen Rania: 10 June 1993 tipper Royal Weddings 75 08-31-2016 04:29 PM
Working visit to New York, Washington: September 13-17, 2005 Humera King Abdullah and Queen Rania and Family 56 10-01-2005 10:59 PM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge dutch state visit e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece josephine-charlotte kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week pierre casiraghi portugal prince bernhard prince charles princess charlene outfits princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathilde's daytime fashion queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania fashion royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:21 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises