The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-26-2010, 08:22 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
She said, "extremist have done a damned good job", referring to how extremists have manipulated the situation to present themselves, good or bad and have a voice, where they should have none.
I know, I was just referring to the fact that she said "damn", aside from saying "hell" in her David Letterman YouTube spoof, that was the first time I'd heard her curse, and I'm not so sure she meant to

I like it though, she may just be human after all

Old 09-26-2010, 11:11 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Old 09-27-2010, 03:53 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Queen Rania of Jordan joins Christiane Amanpour for an exclusive interview...

Old 09-27-2010, 05:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post

Great to see Rania but a pity that Rania doesn't attend more events but only one event as Shalu mentioned. It would be nice to have a surprise visit or listen to speakers on different days.
Anyone who has attended a these sorts of conferences knows that there are alot of activities, seminars and talks that take place off stage. Moreover they are excellent networking opportunities.

The fact is more connections etc are made off-stage than on it. There's alot more behind the scenes works that goes into these things than the average person realises.

It's great to see Rania with the Browns, from what I understand she is good friends with Sarah and now that she and Gordon are working together I'm sure they'll become even closer.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:58 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Old 09-27-2010, 04:13 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star View Post
It's great to see Rania with the Browns, from what I understand she is good friends with Sarah and now that she and Gordon are working together I'm sure they'll become even closer.
I know it's just my imagination about Gordon Brown always looks smitten with Rania
They've worked together quite a bit over the last couple of years, even before he became PM.
Old 09-27-2010, 05:12 PM
Courtier

No Humera, I don't think it is your imagination. There is the body language which can be seen and I think I recall reading an article in the British Times online version by a journalist who said something like Gordon Brown acted like a lovesick schoolboy when he was with Queen Rania.
Old 09-28-2010, 03:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

pic of me with @QueenRania, @AriannaHuff and Donna Karan @dkny at #WIE conference for women for @WRAGLOBAL
http://twitpic.com/2qeyk0

Queen Rania of Jordan, global education advocate.

http://www.clintonglobalinitiative.o...tle=Multimedia
Old 09-28-2010, 08:00 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Jordan’s King Abdullah II ‘cozies up to’ Leonardo DiCaprio at UN
“King Abdullah went out for a smoke during dinner and told the security outside, ‘If my daughter finds out that I’m sitting next to Leo DiCaprio, she’ll never forgive me’,” the New York Post quoted a spy as saying.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humera View Post
I know it's just my imagination about Gordon Brown always looks smitten with Rania
They've worked together quite a bit over the last couple of years, even before he became PM.
International development has always been close to Brown's heart which is why it's not a surprise that he has chosen to continue his work in this area now he in no longer PM.

As for him and Sarah they're absolutely devoted to each other, you only have to see them together to see just how well suited they are. She really brings out the best in him but then in person he's nothing like the dour individual the press has painted him to be.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:23 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossina View Post
“King Abdullah went out for a smoke during dinner and told the security outside, ‘If my daughter finds out that I’m sitting next to Leo DiCaprio, she’ll never forgive me’,” the New York Post quoted a spy as saying.
Thats cute. But I didnt know he smokes, never saw a picture.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:31 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by asturiana View Post
Thats cute. But I didnt know he smokes, never saw a picture.
Unfortunately, yes , like many in the world
n770715626_1768478_7902.jpg picture by farooda - Photobucket
Old 09-28-2010, 09:50 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – Jordan

September 21,2010

ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing
Old 09-28-2010, 12:56 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Unfortunately, yes , like many in the world
n770715626_1768478_7902.jpg picture by farooda - Photobucket
isn't that hooka though? does that have the same health ramifications as cigarettes? it never ceases to amaze me, the hypocrisy of smoking and people who have been touched by cancer and work for cancer causes...

does QR smoke?...i hope not, it's not an attractive habit IMO
Old 09-28-2010, 01:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Hookah/Sheesha is not the same as smoking a cigarette. The health ramifications only affect those who smoke it on a very regular basis- just like a cigarette.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:16 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae143 View Post
isn't that hooka though? does that have the same health ramifications as cigarettes? it never ceases to amaze me, the hypocrisy of smoking and people who have been touched by cancer and work for cancer causes...

does QR smoke?...i hope not, it's not an attractive habit IMO
I dont think so .. specially now with her heart problems. It is true that the negative impact of water pipe on human health is much larger than cigarettes, but, unfortunately,it is very common and part of M.Eastern customs and traditions.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I dont think so .. specially now with her heart problems. It is true that the negative impact of water pipe on human health is much larger than cigarettes, but, unfortunately,it is very common and part of M.Eastern customs and traditions.
I think it depends on the kind of sheesha you smoke, these days it's easy to get flavours with a very low tobacco content.
Old 09-29-2010, 03:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

Queen Rania of Jordan attends the 2010 MDG Summit concluding reception at The Plaza Hotel on September 22, 2010 in New York.
Queen Rania Pictures - 2010 MDG Summit Concluding Reception - Zimbio

Queen Rania of Jordan hands over a very large petition to U.N. Secretary General Ban Ki-moon, to support the goal of her charity foundation she founded, '1GOAL : Education for All'. 65th United Nations General Assembly, held at the U.N. headquarters in Manhattan
Queen Rania Pictures - Queen Rania of Jordan and Ban Ki-moon at UN Headquarters - Zimbio
Old 09-29-2010, 02:22 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Old 09-30-2010, 06:38 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – Jordan

September 29, 2010- Queen Rania left her hotel.

ImageShack Album - 5 images