Visit to Edinburgh, Scotland: August 18, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Little_star

Heir Apparent
City
Manchester
Country
United Kingdom
King Abdullah of Jordan is to take the salute at the Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo on Wednesday.

The king and his wife, Queen Rania, will watch the Tattoo show, which includes The Royal Jordanian Army Band.

Tattoo chief executive Major General Euan Loudon said it was "an honour" to welcome the royal couple.

The Tattoo, which runs for three weeks on Edinburgh Castle's esplanade, is celebrating its diamond anniversary, having first been staged in 1950.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news...nburgh-east-fife-10989712

The royal visit is the first time a sovereign from the Middle East has visited the Tattoo since it was established 60 years ago.

The Jordanian contingent at the Tattoo features 77 musicians, including full bagpipe band, and is accompanied by Jordan's Honour Guard's Drill Team.
Jordanian royals set to visit Tattoo - Scotsman.com News

Great news, nice to see them attending and supporting the Jordanian contingent.
I wonder if any of the children will be present.
I also wonder if they will have any events while they are in town.

According to the Scotsman

"Earlier in the day the Jordanian royals will meet the city's Lord Provost, and then key individuals involved in the staging of the Tattoo once the event is over.

The royal couple will also meet Major General David Shaw, head of the army in Scotland and Govenor of the Castle, and the Tattoo's producer Major General Euan Loudon."

King, Queen leave for UK
Amman, August 17 (Petra) -- Their Majesties King Abdullah II and Queen Rania Al Abdullah on Tuesday left for the United Kingdom to attend the Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo, which celebrates its diamond anniversary.

princess ayah mentioned in her tweets that she has arrived to London ; maybe she will attend too ... and Prince Raed is the regent thus none of the king's brothers are in the country maybe they are with them too ..

Amazing pix, they look happy and vibrant, thanks Huda.

The king looks so cute. They look like they're enjoying themselves.
I hope we'll be able to see videos of the event soon.

I am not sure who you mean looks old...Queen Rania is 39 and has someone who has passed that age (although recently) I think she looks fabulous. Princess Iman looks lovely as well, although I wish her dress was a little more dressy.

What is the world coming to when we don't expect people to age....isn't that a natural life progression. I am very confused:ermm:

Lovely photos. They both seem vey pleased and proud to be there.

What is the uniform King Abdullah wearing? I don't recognize it.

wohoo, isn't Princess Iman's skirt a bit short! I never see those worn by Jordan's Pricesses before :-s

Let's not start nitpicking a thirteen-year-old child.
Besides it's nothing unusual for Jordanian princesses.

I am not sure who you mean looks old...Queen Rania is 39 and has someone who has passed that age (although recently) I think she looks fabulous. Princess Iman looks lovely as well, although I wish her dress was a little more dressy.

What is the world coming to when we don't expect people to age....isn't that a natural life progression. I am very confused:ermm:
Dear zonk this is only my opinion her body is still looks young but her face i dont think so i did not mean anythink with my comment i do love queen rania but this is only my point of view ;)

i wanted to see other royals from the jordan family !

Dear zonk this is only my opinion her body is still looks young but her face i dont think so i did not mean anythink with my comment i do love queen rania but this is only my point of view ;)

In all fairness, to me she looks her age. Despite the fillers and botox, some people don't look younger than they are and she is one of them. She looks like a woman who is 40 but had a bit of help. That is why her face looks that way to you and others Ayah and in the flesh and up close it is more pronounced.

Lots of these rich ladies have things done but it doesn't always look the best and sometimes makes their faces look like a mask. Let us hope the queen does not go down that road ;)

i wanted to see other royals from the jordan family !

I would have liked to see the other kids too

Another picture gallery from zimbio:
Queen Rania Pictures - The King And Queen Of Jordan Attend The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo - Zimbio

I haven't been able to find anything from the royal couple's meetings with the army officials.
About the King's uniform, I think I've seen him wear it before but am not sure what kind of uniform it is.

It looks like an approximation of a mess uniform

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like an approximation of a mess uniform

IMO you are right, it looks a lot like the British Royal Artillery Mess Dress
For me the queen looks beautiful in these pics - but like a woman in her late 30s, not a young girl.

The uniform is odd but the king still looks good.
it's great to see Imane with their parent she looks cutie in that shorty skirt.

Back
Top Bottom