The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-18-2010, 09:41 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
I am not sure who you mean looks old...Queen Rania is 39 and has someone who has passed that age (although recently) I think she looks fabulous. Princess Iman looks lovely as well, although I wish her dress was a little more dressy.

What is the world coming to when we don't expect people to age....isn't that a natural life progression. I am very confused
Dear zonk this is only my opinion her body is still looks young but her face i dont think so i did not mean anythink with my comment i do love queen rania but this is only my point of view

Old 08-18-2010, 11:52 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Another picture gallery from zimbio:
Queen Rania Pictures - The King And Queen Of Jordan Attend The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo - Zimbio

I haven't been able to find anything from the royal couple's meetings with the army officials.
About the King's uniform, I think I've seen him wear it before but am not sure what kind of uniform it is.

Old 08-19-2010, 04:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

i wanted to see other royals from the jordan family !
His soul was too great to be contained by the camera's lens ,yet his images radiate his love for his family , his faith , his pride on his country and people the world over who shared his commitment to peace and his joy in life . Queen Noor
Old 08-19-2010, 06:21 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Edinburgh welcomes Tattoo 'diamond' girl Queen Rania
HelloMagazine
Old 08-19-2010, 06:53 AM
Commoner

New Article :
http://translate.google.fr/translate?hl=fr&sl=fr&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hmqueenrania.blogspot.com%2F
Old 08-19-2010, 10:10 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayah View Post
Dear zonk this is only my opinion her body is still looks young but her face i dont think so i did not mean anythink with my comment i do love queen rania but this is only my point of view
In all fairness, to me she looks her age. Despite the fillers and botox, some people don't look younger than they are and she is one of them. She looks like a woman who is 40 but had a bit of help. That is why her face looks that way to you and others Ayah and in the flesh and up close it is more pronounced.

Lots of these rich ladies have things done but it doesn't always look the best and sometimes makes their faces look like a mask. Let us hope the queen does not go down that road

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavi83 View Post
i wanted to see other royals from the jordan family !

I would have liked to see the other kids too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humera View Post
Another picture gallery from zimbio:
Queen Rania Pictures - The King And Queen Of Jordan Attend The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo - Zimbio

I haven't been able to find anything from the royal couple's meetings with the army officials.
About the King's uniform, I think I've seen him wear it before but am not sure what kind of uniform it is.
It looks like an approximation of a mess uniform
Old 08-19-2010, 10:43 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamamah View Post
It looks like an approximation of a mess uniform
IMO you are right, it looks a lot like the British Royal Artillery Mess Dress
For me the queen looks beautiful in these pics - but like a woman in her late 30s, not a young girl.
Old 08-19-2010, 01:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

The uniform is odd but the king still looks good.
it's great to see Imane with their parent she looks cutie in that shorty skirt.
Old 08-19-2010, 01:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

more pix for the event :

????? ??????? ?? ?????? ?????? [?????? ?????][%D8%B4%D8%A7%D9%87%D8%AF%D9%88%D8%A7-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B5%D9%88%D8%B1]%20-208%29%28SearchEngine||true||false%29AmmonNews.jsp
His soul was too great to be contained by the camera's lens ,yet his images radiate his love for his family , his faith , his pride on his country and people the world over who shared his commitment to peace and his joy in life . Queen Noor
Old 08-19-2010, 04:05 PM
Royal Highness

Rania de Jordanie : Une reine simplement parfaite qui se met dans les rangs...
Old 08-19-2010, 04:49 PM
Nobility

Marthaa - Pss Iman's skirt is what the fashion is here but not over the top. I think she looks like a well-brought up 13 year old, who has dressed appropriately. Although the King and Queen are formally dressed, as befits their official position at the Tattoo, most people go well wrapped up, as the event takes place on the Castle Esplanade - which is on a windy hill! It is a really wonderful even to go to, so I am not surprised that they all look as if they are having a good time. :-)
Old 08-19-2010, 06:45 PM
Super Moderator

Jordan News Agency - Petra - King, Queen attend Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo

Edinburgh, Aug 19 (Petra) -- Their Majesties King Abdullah II and Queen Rania on Wednesday evening attended part of the Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo held in Scotland to mark its diamond jubilee.

Petra pictures
Image Gallery

And they're now back in Jordan
Jordan News Agency - Petra - King, Queen return home
Old 08-19-2010, 06:50 PM
Serene Highness

I think Rania looks amazing in the pictures from the Tattoo. Lovely dress and looks awesome on her. Also wonderful to see them bringing Iman along w/them. It seems that now she's 13, we're seeing more Iman going along w/her Parents to Official Functions. I'm wondering if this is the start of her Training as a Princess of Jordan and they're easing her into things.

If so, it's IMO a wonderful way to go about it.

I'd love to attend a Military Tattoo one of these days. I've been told the one in Toronto is pretty spectactular.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:06 PM
Courtier

No, QR doesn't look old, she looks as always, her face is beautiful and fresh as ever in my opinion, not at all like being 40 years old though today 40 years don't mean that you are aging any more. The thing that have changed for me is that she doesn't make stunning appearances the last months, I have observed that she wears the simplest dress she could find, maybe because it is Ramadan, maybe because she gets 40 and wants to have low profile appearances, maybe of the global crisis she chooses simple dresses, I really don't know. I believe that she feels real good getting 40 (If I judge fron the recent photos) and she has begin not to care so much for the external appearance but maybe she has interest now for more spiritual things. Of course it is Ramadan and probably she feels like having more spirituality in her life than doing stunning appearances, that's the feel I have. She always remains a so positive energy person. Just a photo of her is enough to make me feel positive and optimist.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:52 PM
Aristocracy

@ Tiggersk8: they began her "training" so to speak very early, as she attended a state visit to Japan with her mother in 2006, but she is definitely popping up at more events more recently, with her state visit to Rome last October and she accompanied her parents to the Swedish Royals wedding as well.

@ Godiva: Good point about the simplicity of the dress and Ramadan, she doesn't seem to want to look to ostentatious and she's doing well. P Iman's dress is also somewhat muted with no flashy colors or extravagance.

She also commented on Oprah that she's very comfortable with turning 40 and is looking forward to it. I think she looks fantastic. There have definitely been pictures where she looks tired and I think she looks as though she's aged, but not in these photos.
Old 08-20-2010, 12:55 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae143 View Post
@ Tiggersk8: they began her "training" so to speak very early, as she attended a state visit to Japan with her mother in 2006, but she is definitely popping up at more events more recently, with her state visit to Rome last October and she accompanied her parents to the Swedish Royals wedding as well.
For the most part, my time here at TRF the last few months (joined a few years ago, but w/my other interests and passions...Well...Anyway, very glad to be back now), has shown me more of the Jordanian Royal Family than I've seen in years. I didn't know the Princess had gone along w/her Parents to Japan in 2006. That was young, but I guess it was to see if the timing was right for Iman to start to handle a more public role/expsoure as a Princess of Jordan.

Thanks for the information.
Old 08-20-2010, 05:32 AM
Heir Apparent

SHE is a glamorous queen consort on a fleeting visit to Edinburgh to be a distinguished guest at the Royal Military Tattoo.

But yesterday, Queen Rania al-Abdullah of Jordan took time out of her busy schedule to pay a surprise visit to a Scottish teacher she remembers very fondly and pass judgment on Scotland's "other national drink"......

Queen Rania told The Scotsman that the 51-year-old Mr Dickson, who has taught at Heriot's since 1991, had been an inspiration to her.
"All of us have memories of a teacher who had a profound impact on our lives and who stays with you," she said. "Someone who has given you something, or given you confidence and brought out the best in you. For me, it's this Scotsman."
Jordan's Queen ? and model pupil ? meets her favourite teacher and finds Irn-Bru sweet too - Scotsman.com News

Photo:
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...tImageaspx.jpg
Old 08-20-2010, 05:48 AM
Royal Highness

Thanks Little Star. Its interesting to read what her teacher says about her.
But he is only 11 years older than her ?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_687336.html
Old 08-20-2010, 06:35 AM
Super Moderator

I was just going to post this!
How wonderful that she got to meet her favourite teacher, he taught her English in Kuwait. I wonder how she tracked him down. Or maybe he was the one who contacted her. Either way I'm sure neither of would've imagined meeting again like this.

QR has posted on Twitter about the meeting:

"Mr Dickson was just as I remember: passionate about what he does, enthusiastic, & full of life. I feel so indebted to him."

"All of us have fond memories of a favourite teacher.Mine happens to be Scottish.So excited to be seeing him soon!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star View Post

But yesterday, Queen Rania al-Abdullah of Jordan took time out of her busy schedule to pay a surprise visit to a Scottish teacher she remembers very fondly and pass judgment on Scotland's "other national drink"......

Photo:
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...tImageaspx.jpg
Old 08-20-2010, 10:13 AM
Royal Highness

Picture from Twitter: http://twitpic.com/2gf2w0

http://twitter.com/QueenRania