The Children's Museum of Jordan

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Amman, April 18 (Petra)-- Over 150 Jordanian children joined Her Majesty Queen Rania Al-Abdullah in a visit to the Kingdom's first interactive Children's Museum, where they were invited to explore the various exhibits before the official launch.. Queen Rania and the children walked through the museum, where the young adventurers participated in various interactive activities and played in the different exhibit areas. Following the tour, the children were invited to share their feedback on their visit to the museum.
LINK

Thanks for the photos, asturiana. This new museum sounds like a wonderful idea. It's so important to get children involved with fun learning like this.

More photos of the museum opening:
ãÚÑÖ ÇáÕæÑ

Last edited by a moderator:
This Image released by the Jordan Royal Palace shows, Jordan`s Queen Rania, center, painting during her visit to a children`s museum on Amman, Jordan, Wednesday, April 18, 2007, before the formal opening of the museum next May. Jordan`s Queen Rania said the country`s first children`s museum will foster creativity and learning for the kingdom`s schoolchildren. (AP Photo/Nasser Ayoub/Jordan Royal Palace)
Photo

Little_star said:
More photos of the museum opening:
ãÚÑÖ ÇáÕæÑ
Those are beautiful photos, and there's nearly 20 of them! Now I remember why I love Petra. One of the pictures has a little view of the museum's exterior, it looks like a fun design. The museum is supposed to be one-of-a-kind in Jordan. I wish Queen Rania could've brought her kids along but I suppose they're in school.

Last edited:
Thanks Little Star and Humera for all the informations and pictures.
Here are another beautiful picture from yesterday (ANP): Queen Rania

Last edited by a moderator:
The Children's Museum

More pictures from the children's museum visit yesterday:
Abaca
PPE

Students explore Children’s Museum exhibits, share feedback

AMMAN — Fifth grader Sadiqa enjoyed a double first on Wednesday as she joined other public school students to explore the Kingdom’s first interactive Children’s Museum and had the opportunity to meet with Her Majesty Queen Rania.
“I drew on pottery, learned about the human body, played and met our Queen… I really love it here and hope my family will bring me to the museum again,” Sadiqa said.
. . . The nonprofit facility includes a children’s library and IT centre, auditorium, activity room, outdoor theatre and exhibit area, shop, birthday room, restaurant and future planetarium. Jordan Times

Child's play for Queen Rania as she visits kids' museum in Jordan

Queen Rania of Jordan was every bit as enthusiastic as the 150 children who joined her on a visit to the kingdom's first interactive children's museum on Wednesday. Wearing a plastic apron, she picked up a paintbrush to create her own colour and name it, in an activity aimed at encouraging creativity and imagination. HELLO

Last edited:
Not sure if someone else has already posted something about this

Jordan's opens children's museum

"Jordan will soon open a new museum just for children in the capital, Amman. The innovative Children's Museum-Jordan combines hands-on learning with scientific knowledge. "

link

its nice to see the King & Queen out with all their children. The girls look like theyve grown, they also look very much alike.

the children are all very cute, and hachem is absolutely adorable:)

Last edited:
As always, Great photos of the royal family. Kids are growing fast and Little Hashem is as cute as ever. He still has his blanket... Reminds me of my own children at that age...Again nice photos and thanks for sharing them.....

I bet the Children's Museum is a lot of fun. It looked like all of the kids who were there- and the adults!- were enjoying themselves.

Thanks for all the photos of the Children's Muuseum, Hashem is so cute and Salma always looks mischevious!

Please post all the latest news, articles and pictures related to the Children's Museum in this thread.

Information about Queen Rania's visit to the Museum on October 10, 2007 can be found in the following thread:

Ramadan 2007 (starting with Post #56)​

Last edited:
Children's Museum

Opened to the public in May of this year, the Children's Museum was initiated by Queen Rania to complement the reforms taking place within the formal educational system that are meant to accelerate change in the quality and range of educational opportunities in Jordan.

Located within the Al-Hussein National Park on a 20,000 square meters plot of land, the museum is a place where learning is brought to life. It was conceived and designed specifically for children fourteen years old and under to encourage curiosity, creativity, discovery and self-expression.

By providing an interactive learning experience that builds on classroom learning, the museum will provide Jordanian children with a greater appreciation of their national identity by exposing them to the diverse elements of the Jordanian environment. Through one hundred and fifty hands-on exhibits, it will encourage exploration and understanding of the culture, sciences, technology, and industry, through innovative and educational multi-media resources and programs.

The facilities within the Children's Museum include an exhibit hall, a multi-purpose hall, a children's library and IT center, an activity room, an outdoor exhibit area, an outdoor theatre, a museum shop, a birthday room, a café and a planetarium.
The official website of Her Majesty Queen Rania Al-Abdullah of Jordan

Copyright © The Royal Hashemite Court

Amman, March 19 (Petra) -- Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah often speaks of how much she enjoys spending quality time with children, so it was no surprise to any of the 40 young students gathered at the Children’s Museum of Jordan to have the Queen there to narrate her own story, Wednesday, in celebration of Mother’s Day.
http://petra.gov.jo/Artical.aspx?Lng=1&Section=1&Artical=27429

Photos:
http://petra.gov.jo/Temp/Images/Original/News-27379.jpg
http://petra.gov.jo/Temp/Images/Original/News-27379.jpg
http://petra.gov.jo/Temp/Images/Original/News-27380.jpg
http://petra.gov.jo/Temp/Images/Original/News-27382.jpg
http://petra.gov.jo/Temp/Images/Original/News-27385.jpg

Lovely pictures!! thank you for posting them. Rania looks really nice with the children, it would be nice to also one day see her along with her daughter/s or boys at an event with young children.
Two more pictures from the above event via petra
ariving/leaving -- pic 2

Last edited:
and another article from the event from the Jordan Times

Queen narrates new story, announces Mama’s Story contest
‘’Eternal Beauty’’ is Queen Rania’s second children’s book, which she wrote especially for this occasion.
As she held up the bright pages illustrating the colourful characters, the children were wide-eyed with anticipation. The story tells of a young... - Article

she is very nice, I like a lot when she wears in casual, she looks so young

Queen joins children with disabilities at the Children’s Museum

Amman, Dec 10 (Petra) -- Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah and His Royal Highness Prince Raad bin Zeid, President of the Higher Council for Affairs of Persons with Disabilities (HCD), on Monday joined a group of children with disabilities on the occasion of the International Day for Persons with Disabilities at the Children’s Museum in Amman.

News

Pics:
Daily News
Daily News
Daily News

Back
Top Bottom