The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-14-2006, 07:24 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sommone
Because history has shown that buildings aren't always secured despite what some might say or think.
i would post the picture, but it is hard to find on the link and people wont bother. but it was in a secure building, there were military placed inside (official jordanian military personal) and it was for a confrenece or summit on something about women. it was being held in jordan. there were other royals there.

to bring in your personnel bodygaurd to a function held in secure building, in your country, says something about the security or about her own security issues.

Old 02-14-2006, 07:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Well considering that Abdullah has been targeted as a possible victim by extremists it's the reponsiblity of every major Jordanian Royal to have security with them at all times.

Ariel Sharon was always surrounded by security even during Cabinet meetings. In a volatile region you cannot take any chances.

Old 02-14-2006, 08:33 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
Well considering that Abdullah has been targeted as a possible victim by extremists it's the reponsiblity of every major Jordanian Royal to have security with them at all times.

Ariel Sharon was always surrounded by security even during Cabinet meetings. In a volatile region you cannot take any chances.
jordan is not israel and the queen is not sharon (a person hated by jews and muslims alike, a person who runs a country, the queen does not).

i understand when she has it when she is out and about - but not in a jordanian secure facility where there are other first ladies. having the bodygaurd stuck to her, more than he does when she is in public is questionable.....
Old 02-15-2006, 12:19 AM
Courtier

I agree. KH was constantly targeted. It was brought to light, at least I only recently found out, that Abdullah was also being targeted...There has already been at least one known attempt while the family was on vacation. Rania, being Abdullah's wife, can't take any chances. It only takes a split second for something to happen, and if not for the closeness of her bodyguard, it could be fatal. Even with the bodyguard, it could be fatal.
Old 02-15-2006, 12:27 AM
Courtier

I am happy that she takes her bodygurad with her to any where because no one could knows what will happen .
Old 02-15-2006, 12:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZZ
i would post the picture, but it is hard to find on the link and people wont bother. but it was in a secure building, there were military placed inside (official jordanian military personal) and it was for a confrenece or summit on something about women. it was being held in jordan. there were other royals there.

to bring in your personnel bodygaurd to a function held in secure building, in your country, says something about the security or about her own security issues.
The United States Pentagon was a secure building. Anything can be used as a weapon...an ink pen, phone cord.... you name it.

Old 02-16-2006, 08:20 PM
Serene Highness

Queen Rania has said on several occasions that security is a necessary part of life and you have to learn to adjust to it--and that sometimes they have to learn to adjust to what the person they are guarding wants to do. I'm paraphrasing but she said something to the effect when talking about the importance to her of giving her chidren some sense of normalcy by picking them up at school "if you do it often enough, it becomes acceptable." I don't know if that has changed over the years. I'd never really noticed the male bodyguard but did notice the female bodyguard and thought that made a lot of sense. Perhaps, given Queen Rania's desire for as much normalcy as she can have in her role without compromising safety, she likes having the same team around her. Gives a sense of continuity and I would imagine after a time they would make her feel more comfortable than an ever-changing group of bodyguards would. It is sad that such security is a necessity but in these times one can't be too careful, wherever one is--particularly in a high profile position. I assume the children have security as well but have really never noticed them in photos. It's a fine line making sure they are protected without feeling isolated because of the presence of bodyguards.
Old 02-17-2006, 03:05 AM
Courtier

So, does anyone have a photo of him near her? Or can someone direct me to a photo?
Old 02-17-2006, 12:21 PM
Heir Apparent

sommone, this photo is from the current thread for Abdullah , Rania and family.
Directly behind Rania is a tall man in a dark blue suit with a light blue tie. That is the bodyguard. Id never noticed him until the thread bgan, but if you look back at pictures you can see him.
http://img20.imagevenue.com/img.php?...8c95_5351I.jpg
Old 02-17-2006, 12:59 PM
Courtier

you can see him in practically every event - in most pictures, he is right behind her both in jordan and overseas.

when they were in majorca, and rania was jogging, there is even a pic of him handing her water; and in jordan, what must have been embarressing for him, he had to hold her purse while she walked to the driver's seat of her car.
Old 02-17-2006, 05:37 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry's polo shirt
The United States Pentagon was a secure building. Anything can be used as a weapon...an ink pen, phone cord.... you name it.
my point...... if the pentagon (with their gorund to air missiles) could not stop an attack. what is one guy going to do for a palestinian queen who is not respected by her "own" people - before this is deleted or edited, let me remind you of the football game where everyone chanted for him to divorce her. if something is going to happen, it will happen - god gives, god takes.

to demen a man to the staus of handbag carryer, is wrong.
Old 02-17-2006, 06:13 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

give me a break.
Holding a purse for someone while they attend to a task or handing it over to them is not demeaning.
There's a picture of Prince Carl Philip holding his sister Madeleine's purse.
I have seen similar pictures of other royals.
A bodyguard, after all is paid for his services.
Since when is common courtesy demeaning? I cant get over this sort of macho thinking in this day and age, the fact that it comes from women is even more surprising.
Old 02-17-2006, 06:56 PM
Courtier

i didn't say it was demeaning. i just thought it would have been embarressing for him...which is nothing wrong as many men today would never want to hold a purse even in the west (remember the episode of seinfeld with the "man bag" ) and more so in the east. let's not get into an arguement over this - i was just pointing out that he's with her 24/7 and of course he gets paid for it, that's his job.
Old 02-17-2006, 07:04 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
give me a break.
Holding a purse for someone while they attend to a task or handing it over to them is not demeaning.
There's a picture of Prince Carl Philip holding his sister Madeleine's purse.
I have seen similar pictures of other royals.
A bodyguard, after all is paid for his services.
Since when is common courtesy demeaning? I cant get over this sort of macho thinking in this day and age, the fact that it comes from women is even more surprising.
it is not like she was doing something else (i.e. carrying her child, holding something else in her hands etc....) she was walking to her car, with nothing in her hands.

he is paid to protect her, not her purse. how can he do his job of protecting her, when he has to hold onto a handbag? have you ever seen a bodygaurd of any other royal (a prinicipal bodygaurd, main guy) holding anything in their hands? a bag? a glass? a hat? anything? no...... that is because, they are not there to hold you personal items. that is what a personal assistant is for.
Old 02-17-2006, 07:09 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by madonna23
i didn't say it was demeaning. i just thought it would have been embarressing for him...which is nothing wrong as many men today would never want to hold a purse even in the west (remember the episode of seinfeld with the "man bag" ) and more so in the east. let's not get into an arguement over this - i was just pointing out that he's with her 24/7 and of course he gets paid for it, that's his job.
I know you didnt say it was demeaning.
And most reasonable men would have no problem with holding a bag for a woman for a few minutes, out of pure courtesy and politeness, while she attends to a task. I have seen this both in person, in my own family, and as I've mentioned, in pictures of royals.
Those men who feel that something so simple threatens their manhood obviously have larger insecurities and issues.
Old 02-17-2006, 07:12 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I know you didnt say it was demeaning.
And most reasonable men would have no problem with holding a bag for a woman for a few minutes, out of pure courtesy and politeness, while she attends to a task. I have seen this both in person, in my own family, and as I've mentioned, in pictures of royals.
Those men who feel that something so simple threatens their manhood obviously have larger insecurities and issues.
it is not insecurties, which is the wests blatent excuse for traditions of arabs..
Old 02-17-2006, 07:12 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZZ
he is paid to protect her, not her purse. how can he do his job of protecting her, when he has to hold onto a handbag? have you ever seen a bodygaurd of any other royal (a prinicipal bodygaurd, main guy) holding anything in their hands? a bag? a glass? a hat? anything? no...... that is because, they are not there to hold you personal items. that is what a personal assistant is for.
well its up to him to decide how to do his job, not you.
Old 02-17-2006, 07:26 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
well its up to him to decide how to do his job, not you.
im not deciding how he should his job. i am just pointing out the obvious, which you clearly have no argument for. you tried to spin it off by saying it was ok for men to carry bags..... but when i pointed out, that other royal bodygaurds do not carry anything at all, at anytime, the only thing you could throw at me, was that ïts up to him to decide how to do his job" and not me (thank god, i would hate to be the jordanians lackey).

im voicing my opinions on "the bodygaurd" issue and calling it as i see it.... there is no need to make this personal or take it as a personal attack on yourself.
Old 02-18-2006, 01:53 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
sommone, this photo is from the current thread for Abdullah , Rania and family.
Directly behind Rania is a tall man in a dark blue suit with a light blue tie. That is the bodyguard. Id never noticed him until the thread bgan, but if you look back at pictures you can see him.
http://img20.imagevenue.com/img.php?...8c95_5351I.jpg

Finally a photo. :) Thank you, Little Star.
Old 02-20-2006, 09:24 PM
Serene Highness

Yes, many thanks for the photo! I'd never noticed him before--but I guess that's what makes him a good bodyguard. I would imagine they have to try to be somewhat unobtrusive and blend in somewhat? I imagine it would be considered an honor to be promoted to the position of guarding a royal or figure of prominence. The screening process must be arduous as the responsibility is great. I wonder how much say those being protected have as to their bodyguards as they have to spend so much time with them and have, perhaps most importantly, be able to trust them implicitly. I've read a number of biographies on many politicians and royals and have come to the conclusion that for every seemingly relaxed and spontaneous public circumstance, there is a great deal of tension going on before and during the event until everything is wrapped up safely. Makes me glad I'm neither a public figure nor one of those entrusted with their protection!