The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-31-2010, 02:18 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Must be one lovely surprise IMO but a pity he couldn't join her.

Old 08-31-2010, 03:32 AM
Courtier

We only have that information about it being a surprise from the photo captions on profilmedia and that could be a bit of timely damage control in the form of a press release from the palace. Even so the pictures of her being served drinks before sundown and the dress with no tshirt under it so her chest and breasts can be seen will not go down well if seen in Jordan. Her trip is not being reported in Jordan in either Petra or the Jordan Times or on TV.

Old 08-31-2010, 04:05 AM
Royal Highness

Thanks for pictures. If its really a gift from King Abdullah, I think its very nice. I have nothing against that she is enjoying her life. But what I really dont like is, that we have Ramadan (and Im not muslim).
Old 08-31-2010, 05:38 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

There's no need to get excited just yet. The caption is misleading.
I think the cruise is the gift, NOT the yacht. The 83 metre yacht Omega is chartered for parties and other events:
Luxury Yacht OMEGA - Mitsubishi
Old 08-31-2010, 05:46 AM
Courtier

Yes it is a charter yacht, I posted the link earlier in the thread and as I also said, nobody objects to her celebrating a milestone birthday but this wasn't perhaps the most appropriate way given the time of year.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

I can see her brother and his wife ; some reports mention her sister , I wonder why the king's sister do not join her in her holidays since long time ! I did not like wearing the recycled dress without under top .... Honestly though an extravagant yacht and celebrations but I can not see her Majesty really happy !
His soul was too great to be contained by the camera's lens ,yet his images radiate his love for his family , his faith , his pride on his country and people the world over who shared his commitment to peace and his joy in life . Queen Noor
Old 08-31-2010, 03:29 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavi83 View Post
I can see her brother and his wife ; some reports mention her sister , I wonder why the king's sister do not join her in her holidays since long time ! I did not like wearing the recycled dress without under top .... Honestly though an extravagant yacht and celebrations but I can not see her Majesty really happy !
I think you are right, she does not look happy at all. She looks as if she is missing something - her immediate family? (I do not think that her kids are of the party, they would be at least in some of the pics).
Old 08-31-2010, 04:39 PM
Aristocracy

I think she went on her own sans husband and kids to keep the mini-break as low profile as possible, if the entire royal family went on an extravagant cruise during the holy month it would no doubt create too much negative publicity, i think it was intended to be kept as much a secret as possible (obviously there were no formal announcements of the trip from the RPO or Petra, only photos from french paparazzi sources).

and that's what i meant that the cruise on the yacht was the surprise, not the yacht itself, otherwise I would have been going ballistic.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:13 PM
Commoner

K I know these pictures are sort-of old but I don't think anyone posted them so...

Picture
Picture
Picture
Picture
Picture

Picture

Sorry If its being re-posted :S
Old 08-31-2010, 05:23 PM
Courtier

I think you are quite correct in your evaluation Jae143 as there is still no mention of it in the English language or Arabic press in Jordan. Thanks xxxLISAxxx although these are not so old as they were taken on the first day of this month.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:30 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae143 View Post
I think she went on her own sans husband and kids to keep the mini-break as low profile as possible, if the entire royal family went on an extravagant cruise during the holy month it would no doubt create too much negative publicity, i think it was intended to be kept as much a secret as possible (obviously there were no formal announcements of the trip from the RPO or Petra, only photos from french paparazzi sources).
Does she not deserve a break? HM King Abdullah is in the Washington DC attending the peace summit between Palestinians and Israelis. HM Queen Rania has also done a lot of work for charity, all year around, and not just during Rammadan. Private visits by HM Queen Rania are usually not announced, only of HM King Abdullah (for constitutional reasons). I am sure she would have wanted her birthday to be a private, quiet way to celebrate her 40th with her siblings.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:42 AM
Courtier

Nobody is saying she shouldn't celebrate her birthday but half a million dollars on a private cruise during Ramadan and with Jordan facing extreme financial problems, many people do not consider that amount of money appropriate.

In addition, King Abdullah has been biking in the USA, they have only just come back from cruising the Mediterranean and this is not to mention the countless 'private visits' to London that go on. They have plenty of breaks and leisure time, more than regular people. As for spending time privately, she lives in palaces with private grounds and the highest security so she could be as private as she liked within Jordan.
Old 09-01-2010, 07:14 AM
Heir Apparent

^ I agree with Yamamah so very much. They do have a summer palace in Aqaba after all. What surprised me the most is her choice to spend her b-day, away from home, with that huge bodyguard and with her siblings probably, as Fadel said above, rather than with her husband and children. Weird choice, but who am I to tell? Anyway, happy 40 to her! Many happy returns! :)
Old 09-01-2010, 07:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

pix for another day
East News - Rezultat wyszukiwania: rania
Old 09-01-2010, 07:30 AM
Administrator

I am not going to comment on Rania's cruise and Ramadam, but what I will say as someone who has reached the age of 40...its a big day and people choose to celebrate it in different ways.

A large majority of my girlfriends choose to celebrate their 40th with girlfriends as well as with their husbands, etc. It doesnt imply that their friends are more important than their husband, or that the husband/family doesn't care about the 40th birthday. Its a big birthday and the more celebrations to thank for the blessing of reaching the 40th the better is what I say. For all we know, the couple has also celebrated Rania's 40th in a special way.

Old 09-01-2010, 07:54 AM
Courtier

The cruise is over now.

profimedia has pictures showing her leaving the yacht for the airport

fotografie | fotobanka Profimedia - Události

Noor, the cruise may be a strange (and very expensive) gift from her husband, but he couldn't spend the day with her at home, because he had to leave for the US to attend the launch of new Middle East talks. They will probably celebrate as a family when he will be back home, too.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:06 AM
Heir Apparent

^ Thanks for the info, Veram. Your link doesn't work for me, but it's ok. Zonk also has a good point here. However, we should always take under consideration the different circumstances. Rania is the Queen of a poor country. The Jordanians' hardships seem to have no end and there's also Ramadan. It wasn't a wise choice, IMO. That's all I'm saying.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:18 PM
Heir Apparent

it seems that queen rania has chosen beautiful places to spent her birthday! after the stunning edinburgh, the gorgeous island of corsica must be another treat.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 09-01-2010, 01:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

I recognized the guy with sunglasses , he is her sister's fiancee , duno if they are married now or not , his name is Sharif Al Zoubi
His soul was too great to be contained by the camera's lens ,yet his images radiate his love for his family , his faith , his pride on his country and people the world over who shared his commitment to peace and his joy in life . Queen Noor
Old 09-01-2010, 03:00 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavi83 View Post
I recognized the guy with sunglasses , he is her sister's fiancee , duno if they are married now or not , his name is Sharif Al Zoubi
They married about 5 months ago.

Tags
holiday, jordan royals on summer holiday, king abdullah summer holiday, queen ranias summer holiday, summer holiday