Summer Holidays: 2003, 2007-2010, 2012-2013, 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
maybe they have got a wrong date ! she was yesterday visiting the orphans with the King! BTW can ask where is Porto Vecchio Corsica?

I think its a town in France. Well I know Corsica is an island and I suppose Porto-Vecchio is in Corsica...

uwrehfhrhfrwhi

Porto Veccio is a city in Corsica. Xavi date is correct she is traveling in new yatch.

Sometimes Petra publish photos a couple of days out of date to make it look like things are happening. I know of a couple of occasions when the king and queen were out of the country but photos were published that made it appear that they were doing duties the day before when they had been gone for 3 days!

Shopping, visiting cafes and holidaying on a huge yacht during the holy month instead of doing charitable works at home with the poorest in your society and living a quiet life of reflection - words fail me.

Shopping, visiting cafes and holidaying on a huge yacht during the holy month instead of doing charitable works at home with the poorest in your society and living a quiet life of reflection - words fail me.
I agree with you :ermm:.

I believe this is enough too. Hope to see them more passionate and responsible from September. Q.Rania in particular must realize that she doesn't have to save the whole world. She can try to make Jordan's citizens' lives a tad better instead.;)

I thought their holiday is over and she is back to Jordan for the holy month of Ramadan:ermm:
she was alone?
the kids were there too?

it looked to me like she was alone, taking time with friends for an early birthday celebration perhaps, but it seems as a public figure you should not have such an ostentatious birthday during Ramadan. they have been doing some charitable works, but though I am not muslim, it seems such a vacation is not consistent with the purpose of the holy month.

I thought their holiday is over and she is back to Jordan for the holy month of Ramadan:ermm:
she was alone?
the kids were there too?

No Shrifia, this is a separate holiday in the last day or so in Corsica on board a yacht

this is exacltely what i think Jae143.
normally they are so involved in charitable work during Ramadan it's surprise she decide to take a break in such circumstances with all that hype not suitable at all IMO.

The beautiful Queen Rania of Jordan made a stop in Porto-Vecchio and Bonifacio for almost forty-eight hours enjoying swimming, shopping and tour with ease.
Thursday and Friday, Bonifacio, Porto-Vecchio, the beautiful Queen Rania of Jordan made stops in both cities island. The wife of Abdullah II and his entourage arrived by air in Figari Sud Corse and joined the "Omega", a yacht charter Greek flag (326 078 euros per week) of 83 m and can accommodate comfortably up thirty-two guests.
The one magazine Forbes has ranked among "The 100 most powerful women in the world" has walked the streets and alleys of Porto-Vecchio, while the little princes and princesses bathed on board the yacht.
Ironing board
Previously, Rania Al-Abdullah had still preferred to dip into the turquoise waters of the bay of San Ciprianu and lie on the white sand of the beach where she relaxed next to her little cooler ... Dinner was for him at the table starry Casadelmar.
Or shopping (a large market was in full swing, so to Porto Vecchio), the largest mystery shopping - the queen is very aware of fashion - except for an ironing board on Friday night. Probably to avoid wrinkles to its acquisitions during this visit in the utmost simplicity and without stopping!
CorseMatin by Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Votre Source N°1 sur la Reine Rania De Jordanie.

i want more new pictures :) for the queen vacation in france

it is said in the "CorseMatin" she has eaten in a local restaurant, but it does not Ramadan?
same thing when she went to see mr dickson she drank a drink? "

At the end of the day I guess you just need a break, she works, she does charity and so on. I am a muslim & a holiday during the holy month or not makes no difference.
You might say well, isn't she fasting? Doesn't seem like it, she might be excused from it.

Did she spend only 48 hours?

well fasting is something between her and God but as a Muslim even excused I should respect the holy month and have my holiday at home ! the pics can easily make her people talk about extravagance which can be lesser in this month in which charity is the title ... she is off work since early July ... she was in Italy before that and I think the recent rocket bomb and internal problems mentioned in world newspapers made her cut her holidays ...

I love Queen I'm her biggest fan I do not judge about his religion, I am Muslim and I must say I find her husband ... drinking beer while it is a descendant of the Prophet, and the Queen do not Ramadan and wear bikini during Ramadan!

Its just a shame, Jordan is a very poor country and when people see that their queen is on this extravagant vacation during the holy month of ramadan , instead of helping and doing charity work in jordan, especially when it the moth of mercy and forgiveness, I think she concentrates more on international problems rather than Jordan's many many problems which is not fair in my opinion , and regarding not fasting in Ramadan , well thats just in my opinion way out of line from her side, even if she's excused she should not be public about it , she's a public figure after all she should realize the consequences of her actions ! again this is just my opinion.

I am just thinking of how many poor families that yacht rental could have helped during the holy month and that is not counting the flight to get there, spending money, security costs etc that will be significantly more than half a million euros. Jordan is a beautiful country, could she not have vacationed there? She has a palace on the beach and there are many beautiful places to go to relax.

Sometimes Petra publish photos a couple of days out of date to make it look like things are happening. I know of a couple of occasions when the king and queen were out of the country but photos were published that made it appear that they were doing duties the day before when they had been gone for 3 days!

Being judgemental, mean-spirited and jumping to conclusions isn't considered to be charitable behaviour either. :whistling:

Morevoer, perhaps you should be concerned about what some of your own country's princes are getting up to in London's bars and clubs at the moment.

They are not 'my princes' so please get your facts right about my origins and this comment about UAE royalty has nothing whatsoever to do with Queen Rania's summer holidays. Their moral compass is off for sure but THEY are not heads of an AID DEPENDENT COUNTRY. Nobody is being mean spirited but Ramadan is a time of charity, good works and modesty/restraint in all matters. Although nobody is disputing that Rania should be allowed to enjoy her 40th birthday, this sort of extravagance is totally out of step with Jordan's economic situation, people's sentiments and hardships in Jordan and the spirit of Ramadan. Even from people who are big Queen Rania fans this is a step too far. Half a million euros on a personal pleasure cruise is excessive and not in keeping with Ramadan by anyone's standards. Genuinely held opinions even if critical and in this case with good cause, are not neccessarily being mean spirited but commenting upon her actions and their appropriateness and people are allowed to express opinions whether you personally agree with them or not.

I do remember similar sentiments such as this 'judgemental, mean-spirited and jumping to conclusions' argument being used to silence critics of Rania before by saying people were jealous when questions were raised about her spending and lifestyle. Nobody is jumping to conclusions, we have the pictures from a reputable photo agency. Nobody is saying a few days off is a bad thing but perhaps just this once, spend it at home with your people. Jordan is a beautiful country with magnificent venues to hold a celebration. Instead of spending money overseas why not spend the money within Jordan to local florists, catering businesses, employing local people that would help people or hold a charitable event that really helps people in Jordan?

Perhaps she should have forgone the cruise and donated the money to the Pakistani flood victims instead. What better way to celebrate a milestone birthday during Ramadan as a Muslim queen than by making it all about other people whose situations are so desperate instead of yet another holiday for oneself. Tweeting doesn't count.

Little Star I am happy to discuss the morality of this by PM so as not to derail this thread.

I can fully understand that she wants to celebrate and enjoy this special birthday in a special way, but I would have prefered her to do this in Jordan and invite all her friends there, particularly in view of the fact that this birthday is in the midst of Ramadan.

Back
Top Bottom