State Visit to Italy: October 19-22, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
King Abudllah & Queen Rania will visit Italy, the visit starts on Monday 19, 2009 for a few days

Will pay a state visit to Italy next Monday at an invitation by Italian President Giorgio Napolitano and his wife - Article

Last edited:
How exciting. I was wondering when they would announce the dates for this trip.

Great sure the next visit is Malta. The visit will start 20 October and finish 22.
They will open a big exhibition about Jordan´s history (next wednesday). And they have more events as a forum and a gala dinner.

sound great,i am looking forward to see Rania and Abdullah starting these two visits.
the visit ti Italy is only one day?

No Lilo three days: 20-22 October.

I am not so exciting because Italy it's a republic so problably Rania won't use any tiara in the gala dinner :(
Even being a State Visit, she only uses tiaras when she is front of another royal, which is a pity because I was wondering she would borrow another new tiara or use Noor (impropable) or Haya's one.

EVENTS:

Wednesday 21: 14.30h. Queen Rania will receive a prize.
Thursday 22: Milan. King Abdullah will attend the forum "Jordan - Italy: Business Forum"

More info,

Tuesday: 12h. Their Majesties will be receive at Quirinale by Giorgio Napolitano.
Wednesday: 14.30h. Queen Rania will give a speech about Islam and Occident, and too she will receive Marisa Bellisario prize.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does they fly to Italy today?

Thank´s Reeda, I don´t understand why they fly to Italy today if the state visit will start tomorrow, perhaps they have any event today.

Thank´s Reeda, I don´t understand why they fly to Italy today if the state visit will start tomorrow, perhaps they have any event today.

It's actually not unusual for the two of them to arrive the night before the start of a state visit to a European country. Perhaps so everyone can get settled in or so the first day of the visit isn't such a long one (with the flight and everything).

I hadnt know Hashem & Salma were also on the visit. No school? even if it was a few days, I personally still think it wasnt a good idea.
Rania abit dressed up for the arrival (if that was the arrival pictures) since this wasnt an official welcoming ceremony though looked good.
No pictures of teh other royals yet. Nice to know that a Jordanian princess is embassador to Italy.

Queen Rania will open Jordanian Week entitled Giordania Svelata (Jordan unveiled) in Milan on Oct 22.
Link & more info

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the photos and articles. I'm so glad to see Zein and Aisha will be also on this trip. IMRIC, Princes Zein also went with them to Brunei when they had their state visit there. I do like the way that the JRF often has different royals attending different trips. Usually it seems to be based on their education etc so I wonder what expertise the 2 princesses will be bringing to this trip.

It just goes to show that if you're Rania you can never win. Take your kids with you on a foreign trip and you're abandoning their schooling. Leave them behind and you'll be accused of being a bad mother.

Hope that in gala dinner will be released lots of pics including tiaras

Nice see Hashem and Salma with them. Zein and Aisha were too in Brunei.

Thanks for the photos and articles. I'm so glad to see Zein and Aisha will be also on this trip. IMRIC, Princes Zein also went with them to Brunei when they had their state visit there. I do like the way that the JRF often has different royals attending different trips. Usually it seems to be based on their education etc so I wonder what expertise the 2 princesses will be bringing to this trip.

It just goes to show that if you're Rania you can never win. Take your kids with you on a foreign trip and you're abandoning their schooling. Leave them behind and you'll be accused of being a bad mother.

Hashem is too small for school and I am sure Salma has a tutor there with her and at her age, she isn't missing out on too much learning. Rania isn't an ordinary mother and these aren't ordinary kids. The benefits of royalty.........

TUESDAY 20
12h Official welcome ceremony at Quirinale by Giorgio Napolitano
Visit to Senate
16h. Queen Rania will visit galleria Borghese
20h Official Dinner

WEDNESDAY 21
King Abdullah pay tribute at all'Altare della Patria
10.30h King Abdullah meets with mayor Alemanno
13.00h Meeting with Silvio Berlusconi
14.30h. Queen Rania will give a speech about Islam and Occident, and too she will receive Marisa Bellisario prize.
17.00 Their Majesties will inaugurate the exhibition Jordan crossroads of people and cultures
19.30h Reception hosted by their majesties.

THURSDAY 22
Farewell ceremony at Quirinale

Milan:
King Abdullah will attend "Jordan - Italy: Business Forum"
Queen Rania will inaugurate the photo exhibition “Unveiled Jordan”

I would doubt people would accuse her of being a bad mother if she left them behind for school/nursey for a few days. I understand when parents work they cant always have their kids but that doesnt mean bad parents but in other words sensible IMO.

TUESDAY 20
12h Official welcome ceremony at Quirinale by Giorgio Napolitano
Visit to Senate
16h. Queen Rania will visit galleria Borghese
20h Official Dinner

WEDNESDAY 21
King Abdullah pay tribute at all'Altare della Patria
10.30h King Abdullah meets with mayor Alemanno
13.00h Meeting with Silvio Berlusconi
14.30h. Queen Rania will give a speech about Islam and Occident, and too she will receive Marisa Bellisario prize.
17.00 Their Majesties will inaugurate the exhibition Jordan crossroads of people and cultures
19.30h Reception hosted by their majesties.

THURSDAY 22
Farewell ceremony at Quirinale

Milan:
King Abdullah will attend "Jordan - Italy: Business Forum"
Queen Rania will inaugurate the photo exhibition “Unveiled Jordan”

Does this mean the state visit ends in Rome and that in Milan it would be a working trip?

I would doubt people would accuse her of being a bad mother if she left them behind for school/nursey for a few days. I understand when parents work they cant always have their kids but that doesnt mean bad parents but in other words sensible IMO.
Comments of that nature were made on a previous thread about the chldren being left behind on trips and the very clear implication was that they were being neglected.

Yet when they accompany their parents, the Queen (funny how it's always just Rania:whistling:) is still criticised.

Thank you for the timetable.

Back
Top Bottom