State Visit to Italy: October 19-22, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thank you all again for the nice photos.
Imane win the fashion award hand up from me,although i dislike that shoes on young girls we can forgot about that and say she really was the star of this visit.:)
i like the last gala dinner pictures with PZein and PAicha they look fantastic in their traditional dresses.

i agree tha Imane really looks cute during this visit,she will have alot of to tell his friends about back home.

THankssss a lot for all the pics... Queen Rania looks really beautiful and elegant... I love all her outfits !!!!

By the way Salma...your avatar of Queen Rania is really lovely... where can I find that pic ???

Thank you very much Salma, dazzling and all the others for all those great pics and videos.

QRania looked very beautiful and elegant all the time (as usual), but my favourite was also her cute daughter. Despite her young age PIman conducted herself impeccably at all events she took part, she could have been much older - what a nice young lady and real princess!

:previous: yes i think also pzein haves pretty eyes you can see from the big big pic of the king and queen lol.

:whistling: people are too critical for rania on iman. i think its great shes there i think shes not to go if she realy didnt want o. piman looked just normal (cute pic with the king!) thats cool you know not very comfortable with it , she just 13 after all. now shes geting older and will do this more. they show well that kids come when they can/want to and stay when they have to. compared to other obvious cold "mothers" qrania does a good job.

Queen Rania's teenage daughter Iman inherits her mother's sense of style - hellomagazine.com

I loved the article,thanks for sharing :flowers: Iman does look like a normal lovely teenage girl.And a very serious one!I would love to see her smiling once in a while :)
Thank you for answering back,Dazzling :flowers:

Their Majesties King Abdullah II and Queen Rania with H.E. President Giorgio Napolitano and the First Lady Clio Napolitano in Rome

Queen Rania with Princess Zein Bint Al Hussein during her visit to Milan.
Milan - Italy / Thursday, October 22, 2009
facebook
ImageShack -

Salma, wasnt Princess Aisha with them in Milano. Cant seem to see her in any pictures only Princess Zein.

Aisha was in Rome only Zain traveled to Milan with King and Queen. After Aisha was in farewell ceremony.

I didn't know Queen Rania had a daughter called Iman. What a lovely name, it is one of my favorites. Princess Iman looks very casual in the pictures that I saw, how lovely:). Is it the first time she goes out on official trips with her parents?

No. Iman travels with her parents during many state/official visits, but this is the first time that she attends the events.

Thank you Salma,
So, if I understand it correctly, in other words it is the first time she makes international public appearences. How old is she? She looks sweet God Bless her :)!

Yes Lillas this is the first time that she attends engagements during state visit.
She is 13 years old.

Video:
King and Queen visiting Campidoglio
YouTube - RealiDiGiordania

Rome Mayor´s wife gave to Rania this ring and necklace by Bulgari:
http://www.piercemattiepublicrelati...ri_save_the_children_ring_125_anniversary.jpg
http://www.fashiongrail.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/Picture-474.png
Imageshack - italy2f
Rome´s Mayor received the Order of Independence
Imageshack - italy3g
Princesses Zein and Aisha
Imageshack - italy4

October 21, 2009 Gala Dinner:
http://img20.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=sssskr.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, Imane looks cute, she has a slight hint of her mother, but to me, she looks a lot like her aunt Aisha.

Thank you everybody for all the links and potos, particularly salma and dazzling.

I have to say I'm incredibly surprised and quite disappointed by the rather negative attitude taken to Iman's presence during this visit. This isn't the first time she has accompanied her parents during an official visit of this nature and even in the past she has attended scheduled events with her mother. Japan and China spring to mind.

Bearing that in mind it seems perfectly appropriate that she has accompanied her parents epecially as her brother has also accompanied his father on trips abroad in the past. IMRIC he travelled to Russia with the King and attended official events, he must have been a similar age to Iman yet nobody batted an eyelid.

I have to say I'm incredibly surprised and quite disappointed by the rather negative attitude taken to Iman's presence during this visit. This isn't the first time she has accompanied her parents during an official visit of this nature and even in the past she has attended scheduled events with her mother. Japan and China spring to mind.

Bearing that in mind it seems perfectly appropriate that she has accompanied her parents epecially as her brother has also accompanied his father on trips abroad in the past. IMRIC he travelled to Russia with the King and attended official events, he must have been a similar age to Iman yet nobody batted an eyelid.

I don't care that Imane accompagnied her parents on this trip, after all, she's a royal,a and it's normal that royals are involved to some events from their young age, to be prepared to their futur duties. Imane is not the first young royal who participates in official events. You mentioned her brother who went to Russia in the same age. King Mohamed6 of Morocco, represented his father in the same age on 1974, at funerails of french president Pampidou, and Prince Charles, represented his mother in many events from his young age. BUT the point is, that Rania made a comment few years ago, saying, that she's against how young royals are involved in royal activities since their young age, and that was mistreating childhood. I was surprised few years later, that she leted her son Hussein, participating in a Military event wearing military clothes, and he was only 11 or 12 (Childhood and military is a good message?!!!), that she leaves her children very often between hands of nanies, to spend long time abroad....Since most of other royals don't do good, so she should start maybe by herself, instead of just talking, acting is better than just giving lessons to others.:)

I don't care that Imane accompagnied her parents on this trip, after all, she's a royal,a and it's normal that royals are involved to some events from their young age, to be prepared to their futur duties. Imane is not the first young royal who participates in official events. You mentioned her brother who went to Russia in the same age. King Mohamed6 of Morocco, represented his father in the same age on 1974, at funerails of french president Pampidou, and Prince Charles, represented his mother in many events from his young age. BUT the point is, that Rania made a comment few years ago, saying, that she's against how young royals are involved in royal activities since their young age, and that was mistreating childhood. I was surprised few years later, that she leted her son Hussein, participating in a Military event wearing military clothes, and he was only 11 or 12 (Childhood and military is a good message?!!!), that she leaves her children very often between hands of nanies, to spend long time abroad....Since most of other royals don't do good, so she should start maybe by herself, instead of just talking, acting is better than just giving lessons to others.:)

When did QRania critisize other royals. I have never heard about it. Can you give us a source?
I only remember that she repeatedly said that her children should have a somehow "normal" childhood while conceding explicitly that this is only possible with limits. Of course, attending such events like Iman or Hussein is not "normal", but after all they are not normal kids, but royals. And for her trips abroad she often takes the kids with her (like this time).

As Veram98 has pointed out Queen Rania has never criticised other royals nor has she ever said the children will never attend public events.

Speaking of a her children in a recent interview she said "We want them to understand they have responsibilities but we also want them to be able to develop normal friendships, to not have any sense of entitlement".

Compared to many of the European royal children the Jordanian royal children are actually very lucky as they face little press and media coverage and lead relatively unobtrusive lives.

Back
Top Bottom