State Visit to Italy: October 19-22, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the gala pictures, pitty no pictures of the other royals at the dinner.
Rania looked nice but hardly any jewls at least a nice necklace wouldve been nice. The 1st lady seems to be in a nice big set.

Yesterday Iman and Rania were shopping in Rome

ROMA, 21 OTT - Rania di Giordania, che ha accompagnato in visita ufficiale a Roma il Re Abdallah, ha trascorso una giornata con sua figlia alla visita della ''citta' eterna''. La Regina ha pranzato nel famoso ristorante da Bolognese, fatto shopping in via Condotti, infine visitato Galleria Bolognese
ImageShack -

ImageShack -

Asturiana is the third gallery.

Yesterday Princess Aisha was too during visit to Galleria Borghese.

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 21
King Abdullah II of Jordan (R) and Queen Rania (L) along with Rome's mayor Gianni Alemanno (C) admire the view from a balcony of Rome's town hall, the Campidiglio, in Rome on October 21, 2009. King Abdullah II and Queen Rania of Jordan are on an official visit to Italy
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/picture/15989184.html?citemId=1435296-1
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/picture/15989175.html?citemId=1435296-2

IBL Bildbyrå - Royaltyfria bilder, historiska bilder, illustrationsbilder med mera.

IBL Bildbyrå - Royaltyfria bilder, historiska bilder, illustrationsbilder med mera.
Today pics:
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Last edited by a moderator:
and a picture gallery from ANP

King Abdullah II of Jordan (R) and Queen Rania (L) speak during a visit to the town hall, the Campidiglio, in Rome on October 21, 2009.
Gallery

Yesterday they ate during lunch: fried vegetables, spaghetti con bolgnese accompanied by vegetables and boiled potatoes, fruits and water.

Reeda I can open them; if you can´t go to www.ibl.se and search rania.

One more gallery
Queen Rania at "Galleria Borghese".
MediumPhoto

In Italian press the king is massively overshadowed by Rania. Everybody, even politicians etc, want to meet her more than him. The events she will attend will probably be more crowded. Is it like that everywhere they go? How do he feels about that?
You are right. I think because they all like Queen Rania in Italy. I have never heard a negative comment on her. They all say she is beautiful, elegant, classy, smiling, friendly, intelligent, modern.....
They both are always nice to every body.
Even the Chef of the hotel Majestic, where they were staying, said they were extremely nice and friendly.
Il Tempo - Gossip - Il re di Giordania e la moglie Rania a cena dallo chef La Mantia

thank you all for the links,informations and lovely photos:flowers:
it'd pitty there is not enough photos for the rest of the royal family,did Imane attend the Dinner?

King, Queen visit tomb of Unknown Soldier in Rome
...Earlier, today Their Majesties King Abdullah II and Queen Al Abdullah visited the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in Rome, where His Majesty laid a wreath on the monument...
Article

The royals also visited Municipality of Rome, they were welcomed by Mayor of Rome Gianni Alemanno and his wife (few pictures posted by meself and Salma above)
and another picture gallery here

King Abdullah had a meeting scheduled with the Italian PM, but got posponed due to the PM's schedule. No time is given till when its been posponed.

and another picture gallery from yesterday with 60 pictures, click here which include shopping pictures. Quite suprised Rania & Iman went shopping in their very formal outfits.

Last edited:
rania's gala dress was very elegant, ans her hairdo alos was very nice

Beautiful views of Princess Zein al-Sharaf

Seem to be happy, but her hair :ermm: :sad:

Iman is nice :flowers:

Very elegant :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the photos of Mother (q R) and Daughter (I) shopping it Italy- shouldnt we ALL be so lucky! : )

Queen Rania of Jordan delivers a speech during the launching in Italy of the "1 Goal Campaign: Education for All!" on October 21, 2009 in Rome. The "1 Goal Campaign: Education for All!" is a global initiative launched by the Global Campaign for Education to mark the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa.

Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3
Pic 4 ** Pic 5
and even more here

Last edited:
is this a working visit or a shoping one sorry but i think they are the only royal who acte like this

is this a working visit or a shoping one sorry but i think they are the only royal who acte like this

This is a state visit and they are shopping which seems in between events on their free time.

should they stay in the hotel in their free time - not in Rome!

I also like the photo of Iman with her father very much, really cute

Princess Iman attended the 1-Goal event with her mother - picture
(you can only see her backside no picture of her yet, caption said it was her daughter)

another picture of Rania

Italian Lower Chamber President Gianfranco Fini (R) applauds Jordan's Queen Rania Al-Abdullah, wife of King Abdullah II of Jordan during the 'Marisa Belisario' award ceremony at the Parliament's Sala della Lupa (Hall of the She-wolf), in Rome, Italy, 21 October 2009.

Picture Gallery

more pictures from earlier and one with Princess Iman

Last edited:
This handout picture released by the Italian Presidency Press Presidency on October 21, 2009 shows King Abdullah II of Jordan (2D-R), Queen Rania (3D-L) and their daughter Princess Iman (2D-L) visiting the exhibition "Giordania.Crocevia di popoli e di culture" (Jordan-people and culture) with Italian President Giorgio Napolitano (3D-R) and Italian First Lady Clio (4th-R) on October 21, 2009 at the Quirinale, the Italian presidential palace in Rome.

Picture 1 ** Picture 2

Thanks for all photos!
It is great that the reigning couple was accompanied by other members of the royal family. However, I think that children should be left at home during state visits because they tend to look out of place during official engagements.

Back
Top Bottom