Rania's Role as Queen of Jordan

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by houri+Jul 8th, 2004 - 2:07 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (houri @ Jul 8th, 2004 - 2:07 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by pepep@Jul 7th, 2004 - 7:53 pm
Originally posted by houri@Jul 8th, 2004 - 1:51 am
<!--QuoteBegin-pepep
@Jul 7th, 2004 - 7:42 pm
On the end did’t she say: Wassalamu Alaikum Wa Rahamatu Allah Wa Barakatuhu  :ninja:

yes when you leave the place or finish your speech
you use Wassalamu Alaikum Wa Rahamatu Allah Wa Barakatuhu

is that religion or is the traditional greeting? :ninja:

religion and traditional became one

and why use :ninja: !!! [/b][/quote]
That's mean religion and non-religion people use it? :ninja:

:ninja: ?

and you should start paid for this information

although I think you know about all thing :ninja:

I don’t know. :lol: That’s why I’m asking. :ninja:
However, I can guarantee you when westerners hear those greetings they don’t think of them as traditional but religion. And then you start think. Why is she using those religion greetings when she is not religion? :shock:

ok pepep I will go now to pray ( and this normal think I do 5 times a day ) then I will answer your questions

and you should tell me why you use this icon :ninja:

pepep I don't know from where you are ? but I'm sure that in your country you use words we don't use and way of your life different from my way of life and that same thing about queen Rania
so if queen Rania didn't use religion words it will be unnormal

pepep the world diversity are normal because of that we cannot
judging on some one according to our culture every one have his own culture and I'm sure you know that . :flower:

Damn I wanted to post the video link of queen Rania , I saw it while I was surfing on the net and I posted the link on my messageboard,Somebody must have picked up the link and posted it here :innocent:
well , doesn't really matter.

I also think queen Rania is pregnant again.Her absence of the last weeks,and she gained weight around her waist/belly.
It would be lovely for the king and queen if there is a fourth child on the way,maybe a boy :blush:

Originally posted by houri@Jul 8th, 2004 - 3:25 am

It’s weird non-religion person uses religion words. That’s all. :ninja:

Originally posted by pepep+Jul 8th, 2004 - 8:33 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (pepep @ Jul 8th, 2004 - 8:33 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-houri@Jul 8th, 2004 - 3:25 am

It’s weird non-religion person uses religion words. That’s all. :ninja: [/b][/quote]
from westerner view ..... yes

but not every one in the world from the west

i have searched this whole thread and cant find out why queen rania was kiced out of kuwait. it was before her marriage and i think it was something about being an illegal alian, not about being a criminal.does anyone know what thread the story is in or who can repeat the story.
thanks.

Originally posted by pepep+Jul 8th, 2004 - 7:33 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (pepep @ Jul 8th, 2004 - 7:33 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-houri@Jul 8th, 2004 - 3:25 am

It’s weird non-religion person uses religion words. That’s all. :ninja: [/b][/quote]
It happens in the West too, although you may not be aware of it. What about expressions like "Oh My Gd" or "Gd Damn It." The use of these expressions is also common among Israelis from the Mid-East or Muslims countries.

Originally posted by kcc@Jul 8th, 2004 - 9:39 am
i have searched this whole thread and cant find out why queen rania was kiced out of kuwait. it was before her marriage and i think it was something about being an illegal alian, not about being a criminal.does anyone know what thread the story is in or who can repeat the story.
thanks.
I think it has to do with the invasion of Kuwait by Iraq..Many Arabs believe that Kuwait is indeed part of Iraq among them some Palestinians...After Iraq was out of Kuwait...those who were supportive of that invasion were not treated well by Kuwait and some were asked to leave the country...it could be that Rania's family was one of them...

Who said she was kicked out of Kuwait? Many Arabs of Palestinian descent were in fact kicked out during the first Gulf War because they supported Hussein, but she would have been out of there by then.

bubette i am almost positive that i read on this board that she was kicked out but i'm deffinately no expert so i could be wrong.i will search the other threads maybe it's in one of them,i will post if i can find it.

Reasons Why Queen Rania Is a Hard Working Queen

Post here the things that rania did and has been doing to Jordan.

NB: this is not the title of my thread...moderators (maryshawn or alexandria, julia or lyonaise) changed it without any notice...:confused: and making it sound as if it comes from me:mad:

Last edited:
No posts:confused: ...what happened...I always read in the Jordanian forum about the wonderful things Rania has been doing and people here keep praising her for that. And so, i thought to open this thread to give a forum to tell those including myself who do not have an idea about those wonderful things and her endless efforts ;) to make Jordan a better and modern country...
But helas no posts..:( what shall I conclude here.:confused:

Last edited:
i dont like ranja^^

think noor was a better queen - and did a lot of good things too

im afraid to say all i hear about rania is the way she spends money in loots of dresses of international designers while the people in her country have to manage to life with 1 dollar a day... :s

I don't believe in the "Cult of Rania":cool: I've met Palestinian men and women who live in NYC who don't believe in the hype that surrounds her many alleged achivements.
Wittykitty

closesttoheaven said:
i dont like ranja^^

think noor was a better queen - and did a lot of good things too

This was exzactly what I was going to say.
If she spends that much and does'n't do anything, it will be a catastrophy.
We all know & admit that she did lots of projects and I'm proud of her deeds,...but the $$$ she spends is a serious weakness and it's not getting any better. I respect QNoor deeply and I feel sorry for her now, all by her self, and only God really knows why. sorry I'am off topic.

Last edited:
Behavior fit for a queen!

Since we are a lot here to be not impressed by the big fuss around queen rania and her so called "big and hard work for her country".

and since we know her more through the stylish clothes from designers than other thing.

Talk here about how do you think she could to serve more her people and country?

What are the behaviors that she have to evart as a muslim queen of a muslim and poor country involved in many coflicts?

Discuss!

Monalisa:) .

Last edited:
i don't like QR i don't think she represent her country and her people all what she do is acting like models even i don't like QN too but she was simple and i think she was closer to her people that QR even QR dosen't represnt muslim woman she were backless and other stuff while she has to wear like muslim one

Thank you all for your responses..before starting this thread, i keep reading in others threads (from one member especially) how wonderful and hardworking rania is :confused: although i do not believe in it 100%. Yes, she works hard to dress nicely no matter what the means is and no matter how she will get those means. I wanted to know what extraordinary things this Rania did..

being a way too ambitious person and dying to be a model since her pre-wedding days, rania has found a golden opportunity to fulfill this modeling dream when she married ka. I always found it awkward that she wears very expensive top designers clothes when visiting poor areas and poor people..How insensitive...I am not saying she should dress poorly...but you can always be simply and nicely dressed without exaggerting...And therefore what ever she is doing as "work" is overshaddowed by her extravangent way of life and dress.... And many people say what she mostly does was an extension of the work done by Queen Noor......
Anyway, i am not impressed by her person but i like her wardrobe:D..I also find her pretty and elegant...no more..no more

Last edited:
Do not judge less you be judged.
I have been reading the forums devoted to Queen Rania and her family as well as other royal families for about a year. It seems to me that everybody tries to be a judge. Sometimes personal opinions touch on direct insults.
Right are those, who state that Jordan is a developing country, and people need more attention to their immediate problems. At the same time, they seem to forget that they live in stable political conditions, i.e. without shooting, acts of terror, and other similar things, which is also important.
Queen Rania does whatever she can.

Last edited:
The thing with Rania is that there is always an emphasis on her style rather than any substance she offers - if any which is the point of this thread I guess.

No matter how many charities or rights organizations Rania is a part of, so long as she is part of them in only a cursory manner, the focus paid by the media will always be to the designer clothes she wears, how beautiful she is and what a young queen she is. Unlike the other present reigning queens who have been in their roles for decades, and before that as Crown Princesses, Rania has not established herself yet. Nor does it seem she cares to or intends to.

When you think of some of the other Queens, you can immediately think of charities they are affiliated with or especially devoted to, such as Queen Silvia with her children's charities or Queen Margrethe and her art patronages, or Princess Diana to AIDS charities and Queen Noor to landmines. Even more startling is that some of the Crown Princesses who have been part of their royal families for roughly the same amount of time as Rania has been Queen have been able to establishe their own charitable mandates: Princess Laurentien with her literacy charities or Crown Princess Mette-Marit with her AIDS charities. But no such charity immediately comes to mind when one thinks of Rania. (Unless Prada is a charity now.)

In another thread someone asked what Rania needs to do to change the perception of herself as being merely a designer clothes queen. I think what she needs to do is to embrace a charity or a cause in a major way. She needs to bring as much attention to an organization as Princess Diana did to landmines in the last few months of her life. With her physical looks and her youth, Rania can no doubt capture public attention on this organization or this issue and really support it and try to bring solutions to the matter. Until she can be seen to be really fighting for something, championing some cause and putting 100% of herself behind it, instead of just showing up at events here and there, she will never be more than style which drastically lacks substance.

I don't know if Rania has it in her to do this though. I think she is a smart woman but I don't think she is that committed to her role as Queen in the way that some of the other queens and princesses are. I think she likes the title, the prestige and the big palaces and perks that go with the role but to get out there and perform royal engagements day in and day out the way Queen Elizabeth does, I simply don't see her doing that. Rania will perform the role so long as she is financially reimbursed in a fair manner, whether that means actual dollars or in clothes and purses. If royals were stripped of their civil salary, their palaces and those chauffered cars, but asked to stay on and represent their countries, I couldn't see Rania staying in it for the long haul. I could see the likes of Sofia and Silvia (those who have also married into their roles) staying on and representing Spain and Sweden but Rania, no. As soon as the perks are gone and cache of being a Queen are gone, Rania would be the first to bail.

susan alicia said:
re her haute couture passion:she is one of the 25 (or so) women from middle eastern countries who keep the haute couture houses from closing and in this way secures the employment of some very gifted craftmen and women and they are able to teach the young their crafts so that it is not lost.

Women in Middle Eastern countries aren't the only ones who wear designer clothes. If Rania and these 25 (or so) women stopped wearing designer clothes the gifted craftsmen and craftswomen wouldn't be out of work and their talents wouldn't be lost in the least.

And frankly, to keep 25 (or so) Middle Eastern women well dressed isn't sufficient reason in my books for the rest of their country's citizens to be living in poverty or degradation. The majority of the women in Jordan probably couldn't afford one bead on one of Rania's purses. And if they were given the option of one of her Hermes scarves or feeding their family for a month, I think the choice would be obvious.

Rania's outlandish spending on her clothes and accessories and keeping herself looking pretty don't justify keeping some craftspeople in business. The ends don't justifty the means. And perhaps if some of the money Rania spent on clothes and purses were put back into Jordan then these craftspeople would have other means of work and wouldn't have to make their living sewing beads onto Chanel gowns.

Thread Title

I think QR does many fine works.....but so do many other queens around the world. I worry the "hardest working queen in world" part will lead to comments debating that issue instead of what I know you mean--which is, input from others on what QR is doing and what has been posted in other threads about her good works and time spent doing them. So, I hope we can all keep the discussion to that aspect and not debate who is "hardest working" as that does not appear to me to be intent of thread. Thank you all!

susan alicia said:
aren't middle eastern royal women supposed to keep a low profile?
As I understand it the queen of marocco appearing in public is new and we never see pictures of the women of the saudi arabian royals.
I never read in no-where that ME royal first ladies have to keep a low profile and they are supposed to be that way!

If it’s the reality in some ME countries, personally I see it as a royal way of life which most of the time doesn't follow whole society change.

susan alicia said:
rainia being a clotheshorse might be partly how she and her husband like it and partly because the arabian elite on whose good will they also depend find her dressing normal.
I agree on this. Usually we comment on ME royals spending/way of life and we forget that the big part of their behaviors are based on some elites agreement who take advantages of that. Hopefully those elites don’t represent the whole society.

I kind of avoided this particular thread as I wasn't too thrilled with the title and also the obvious sarcasm it evoked (in my eyes). But everyone is entitled to their own opinion and expression I guess. I am also kind of shocked to see that most members who have posted so far know so little about the Queen and her work. I am not trying to be nasty in any way, in fact just the opposite. We are all here to some extent to learn and be informed about royals, not just royals we love. I've been to other sections of the Forum a lot to just learn about what exactly other royals that aren't my particular favourites for example do. It's been enlightening.

But back to Queen Rania: The most important organization that she is involved in (and one that will become her legacy at least in Jordan) is The Jordan River Foundation. If you go to its website there is lots of information about what it actually does.

http:/www.jordanriver.jo/

In a nutshell though, Jordan River works to benefit women and particularly children in Jordan. Its projects are also geared towards securing a better family unit as well as environmental issues.

Some other organizations that Queen Rania is involved with:

International Osteoporosis Foundation (she is its Patron)

Arab Women's Summit (she is its President for 2002-2004)

World Economic Forum (she is on its Foundation Board)

UN Children's Fund (she is involved in the Global Leadership Initiative)

The Vaccine Fund (providing immunization to the poorest countries)

International Youth Foundation (helps young people all around the world)

FINCA (Foundation for International Community Assistance, she is on its board) keyword: microfinance

Arab Academy for Banking and Financial Sciences (AABFS) - a pioneering institute in the ME region offering technical and academic training in banking and financial services

Jordan Cancer Society

National Team for Family Safety

National Team for Early Dvelopment

Child Safety Program and Dar Al-Amman (center for abused and neglected children)

Queen Rania is also involved in boosting tourism in Jordan and most importantly in Information Technology ie. providing Jordanians access to computers, opening computer labs in schools, E-Libraries and clubhouses around the kingdom.

Last edited:
As I said once, most of the first ladies get the spot-light because of their husbands, otherwise we couldn’t hear of them. In the world, there are few of them who are very active. By active I mean a real work which has nothing to do with the propaganda or being guest of honour in different associations/organizations.

About Rania and money spending, I believe she isn’t the only Arab/ME/world first lady who lives that way. To me, she gets more attention than others because she has nice features, she is slim, and she chooses well her dresses which are all from well known designers. She gets also more attention because she belongs to a country where the majority of people are poor … and she doesn't hide her love to fashion/camera.
Again I believe she isn't the only first lady who behaves that way in the Arab/ME/world …

Why we are interested to know about rania hard work?
I ask this question because in democratic countries, citizens love to see their first ladies active but they don’t rely only on that in 100% … since all know that the real change & progress happen by the existence of laws and policies approved by the parliament/government/associations/etc with great transparency in their formulation and the governance structures under which they operate.

Unfortunately in many Arab/ME/world countries the situation is different.
And to me if a leader (man) couldn’t make real change in his country, then I don’t expect his wife will do something.

Personally, I don’t rely a lot on first lady work in a system which doesn’t fix/control the leaders salaries and where corruption finds great place.
In democratic countries, the queens/first ladies’ work has more meaning because beside what they do, there is democracy and transparency in their institutions that help/accomplish their work. And whatever they spend on jewel/fashion … we know all it’s within the fixed/controlled salary the government allowed them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom