The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2004, 01:51 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by Genevieve@Jun 23rd, 2004 - 9:31 pm
I think you're very right the eldest child being the rightful heir and thus being able to pick and choose who should succeed the present King is redundant, as this is not even an issue in Great Britain, Spain, Denmark, etc. But King Hussein "unrung the bell" so to speak, or at least set a different precedence in unchoosing his brother to succeed him and appointing Abdullah in his place. Not to throw in another tired phrase, but the late King opened a can of worms in changing the succession order established long ago. So who can fault Abdullah in 20-30 years time if instead of allowing Hamzah to be king Abdullah appoints his own son. Abdullah would simply be doing what his own father did and it would be hyporcitical to say that it was okay for King Hussein to do it but not for King Abdullah.
Well exactly. Prince Hussein is the rightful heir by law and he should be king after his father. Hopefully, if King Abdullah doesn't marry again, which I dont think he will, he wont have the same problem King Hussein had and wont be torn between various sons from different wives. Even if King Abdullah has another son from Queen Rania, Prince Hussein will still be a lot older than his brother and will obviously be the first to marry and have kids.

Old 06-25-2004, 10:23 AM
Commoner

hi everyone ... , i d'just know because the tiara , when became p.rania queen of jordan - she most wear tiara - but how that , her mom not queen or princess ... - can anybody tell me how get q.rania on tiara

Old 06-25-2004, 07:41 PM
Super Moderator

i'm sorry I dont exactly understand what you're asking..but are you wondering how queen rania got her tiara for the coronation? She borrowed it from Princess Haya. She's borrowed it on several occasions. She's also got two or three new tiaras.
Old 06-26-2004, 06:49 AM
Commoner

ok sis im with u , but do u think p.haya give't her mom tiara for q.rania an easy .. - why p.muna dont give't her tiara to q.rania , :o why q.rania take p.haya tiara , can anybody exeplan this case
Old 06-26-2004, 08:28 AM
Commoner

It was simply a loan. Haya has worn the tiara many times since Rania borrowed it for the crowning ceremony.

Princess Muna would have been at the festivities as Abdullah is her son. She also takes more part in official functions now and so would need her tiara more.

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>AUSTRALIA&#33;</span>
Old 06-26-2004, 10:27 AM
Commoner

hi again ,, im not with u -- in this question -- why , because i know p.haya much more than q.rania -- B) but q.rania say word for p.haya --- did u know what is&#39;t ----- p.ghida talal was stand betwen them and heard what q.rania say for p.haya ----------
Old 06-26-2004, 04:11 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by NOONj@Jun 26th, 2004 - 8:27 am
hi again ,, im not with u -- in this question -- why , because i know p.haya much more than q.rania -- B) but q.rania say word for p.haya --- did u know what is&#39;t ----- p.ghida talal was stand betwen them and heard what q.rania say for p.haya ----------
hmm....that could just be gossip. I thought Haya and Rania got along pretty well. They&#39;ve been photographed together many times and always look like they&#39;re close
Old 06-26-2004, 04:50 PM
Commoner

NO SIS , P.HAYA AND Q.RANIA NOT VERY CLOSE , THEY,RE LOOK LIKE OIL AND FIRE ------- THEY,LL NEVER MEET TOGETHER . I LIVE NEAR ROYALTY FAMILLY
Old 06-26-2004, 06:05 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by NOONj@Jun 26th, 2004 - 3:50 pm
NO SIS , P.HAYA AND Q.RANIA NOT VERY CLOSE , THEY,RE LOOK LIKE OIL AND FIRE ------- THEY,LL NEVER MEET TOGETHER . I LIVE NEAR ROYALTY FAMILLY
where are u from?
Old 06-26-2004, 11:39 PM
Nobility

I&#39;m just wondering what is the source of the problems and tensions between QN and QR. I just read something (of perhaps questionable reliability) that said when KH was changing the succession to KA, he asked KA not to make QR a queen so that QN could be the only one with the title. Does anyone know whether this is true? If so, it seems as though KH anticipated problems between these two and tried to head them off, but KA didn&#39;t comply with the request and almost immediately elevated QR&#39;s title.

If it&#39;s not true, what is at the root of the problems between these two queens? Does it just boil down to basic jealousies and insecurities?
Old 06-26-2004, 11:52 PM
Aristocracy

I had read an article on Noor - and at some point the journalist mentioned that KA had a private meet with QN and QN came out of the meeting looking pale.. then a few days later KA announced QR would be named Queen - he introduced her as &#39;HM, The great Queen&#39;..... and that QN was shocked by it.
I think that was in Vanity Fair..
Old 06-26-2004, 11:57 PM
Aristocracy

I thought they got along well.. I think the Queen Alia tiara and it&#39;s matching earrings are beautiful - they go well with all the glamour gowns.. that may be why Princess Haya would lend them to Q Rania. Other members of the Jordanian Royals also have tiaras, but that&#39;s the nicest one I&#39;ve seen. :flower:
Will Haya wear the tiara at official events now that she&#39;s married to Dubai&#39;s CP? :flower:
Old 06-27-2004, 12:02 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally posted by QueenB@Jun 26th, 2004 - 9:52 pm
I had read an article on Noor - and at some point the journalist mentioned that KA had a private meet with QN and QN came out of the meeting looking pale.. then a few days later KA announced QR would be named Queen - he introduced her as &#39;HM, The great Queen&#39;..... and that QN was shocked by it.
I think that was in Vanity Fair..
Yes, it was a 1999 "Vanity Fair" article. But I don&#39;t remember the part about QN showing any surprise. My recollection is that the reporter expressed surprise that QN didn&#39;t register any response or emotion at all to whatever KA had interrupted their interview for.
Old 06-27-2004, 12:18 AM
Aristocracy

I think it was 2 pages into the article at the very bottom of one of the pages... It was so long ago, but I do remember that part..
Old 06-27-2004, 12:19 AM
Aristocracy

I would find that so odd, however, if he hadn&#39;t named his wife queen - because then that would mean he was co ruling with Noor..
Old 06-27-2004, 12:51 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally posted by QueenB@Jun 26th, 2004 - 10:18 pm
I think it was 2 pages into the article at the very bottom of one of the pages... It was so long ago, but I do remember that part..
I still have the article, and you are right (amazing recall&#33 that this reference is on the bottom of the second full page of the article. But it says:

"Unexpectedly, when we returned to Bab Al Salam, King Abdullah had stopped by to meet with the queen behind closed doors. As we finally sit down to a late lunch, she seems unruffled, but a few days later--when King Abdullah names his own wife, a beautiful 28-year-old Palestinian named Rania, "Her Majesty, the great Queen"--I wonder whether that was when Noor got the news that she was being relegated to the status of queen mother."

So no mention of her being shocked or pale. Either she&#39;s a good actress or she saw it coming. But does "the great Queen" title somehow trump QN&#39;s? What did KH name her when he gave her the title? I don&#39;t know about all these nuances.
Old 06-27-2004, 01:12 AM
Aristocracy

:flower: Thanks for posting the excerpt... I thought it said pale.. anyhow... I don&#39;t know what it all means.. QNoor said that she didn&#39;t know she was Queen until she heard it on the news right after her marriage to King Hussein.. guess she was just named Queen and that was that.. I don&#39;t think she had a coronation ceremony like KA and QR.. KA could have just said the great queen thing just as an intro - maybe it didn&#39;t mean anything towards QN..

:flower:
Old 06-27-2004, 01:19 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally posted by QueenB@Jun 26th, 2004 - 11:12 pm
:flower: Thanks for posting the excerpt... I thought it said pale.. anyhow... I don&#39;t know what it all means.. QNoor said that she didn&#39;t know she was Queen until she heard it on the news right after her marriage to King Hussein.. guess she was just named Queen and that was that.. I don&#39;t think she had a coronation ceremony like KA and QR.. KA could have just said the great queen thing just as an intro - maybe it didn&#39;t mean anything towards QN..

Yeah, I dunno either. Maybe all queens&#39; full titles include "the great Queen" and it&#39;s no slight at all to QN.

I don&#39;t know how much of what QN says is true. I&#39;m not calling her a liar or anything, because I think she believes what she says. But there are some inconsistencies in her memoirs. And it just doesn&#39;t seem reasonable to me that KH wouldn&#39;t prepare her in any way to become a queen, even through something so simple as letting her know in advance he would be making an announcement of her title. It COULD be true, but it just doesn&#39;t sound right to me.
Old 06-27-2004, 01:45 AM
Aristocracy

That&#39;d be strange wouldn&#39;t it... like a lack of communication before the marriage even started ..... I know what you mean about the memoirs.. The beginning of the book - her early life is really interesting.. but then when she gets into life as a Royal - there&#39;s a lot of skimming.. she probably didn&#39;t want to offend anyone.. remember, her son is the CP - and one CP&#39;s already been unceremoniously replaced - she wouldn&#39;t want to see that happen to her own kid because she said something she shouldn&#39;t have...

Old 06-27-2004, 02:07 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally posted by QueenB@Jun 26th, 2004 - 11:45 pm
That&#39;d be strange wouldn&#39;t it... like a lack of communication before the marriage even started ..... I know what you mean about the memoirs.. The beginning of the book - her early life is really interesting.. but then when she gets into life as a Royal - there&#39;s a lot of skimming.. she probably didn&#39;t want to offend anyone.. remember, her son is the CP - and one CP&#39;s already been unceremoniously replaced - she wouldn&#39;t want to see that happen to her own kid because she said something she shouldn&#39;t have...

Yes, protection of her son, the CP, is a factor in her memoirs, but also I think QN was trying to influence KH&#39;s legacy through what she wrote. I wasn&#39;t expecting her to lay out all the family&#39;s dirty laundry or divulge things that are just too private, but she was extremely guarded in her memoirs, avoiding even things that have already been widely written about in reputable publications.

Closed Thread