The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2004, 03:57 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by papillon@Jun 22nd, 2004 - 1:03 pm
Well, it wouldn't be the first time in history.
Thats true, especially in the case of middle eastern monarchies since the kings tend to marry several women. The Ottomans were plagued by problems because the ruler's wives often plotted and poisoned rivals to secure the throne for their own sons. Ofcourse we've advanced somewhat since then but It doesn't mean that Rania wouldn't do anything in her power to ensure that her son becomes King.

Old 06-22-2004, 03:58 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by Humble@Jun 22nd, 2004 - 1:00 pm
-If hamzah is too young, then KA's son is muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch younger...

-So, who will be the next king if your opinion?
How old is King Abdullah? If he lives as long as his father did? How old is Abdullah's oldest? If he rules for thirty years, possible twenty-five, from today it is possible that his oldest son could be King? Making his oldest somewhere between thirty-three and thirty five, if not older. Prince Hamzah hasn't even started his family yet, in my opinion, putting him at a disadvantage in comparsion. Another thing I wanted to point out, Abdullah is the oldest son of King Hussein's correct? Regradless, if he speaks Arabic or not, he is his fatehr fightful heir, the oldest male son. If KHussein was thinking properly his oldest would have been educated properly to fill the role of a soverign, even though it was assumed that Khussien's brother Fasial was his successor for awhile there. It would have been a precautionary measure? Even if Abdullah did not become King he could have been a regent in the place of father or uncle if on official state business or stepped in on behalf of his father on occasion. It seems to bad that QNoor's vision want be possible; her time came and went with the death of her late husband.

Old 06-22-2004, 04:11 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by papillon+Jun 22nd, 2004 - 2:03 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (papillon @ Jun 22nd, 2004 - 2:03 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Akilah@Jun 22nd, 2004 - 11:30 am
Do you all really think that Queen Rania is that calculating to plan pregancies to advance her position and that of her husbands to secure a throne.
Well, it wouldn&#39;t be the first time in history. There&#39;s a reason the old "heir and a spare" phrase is in use. I think it&#39;d be naive to assume succession isn&#39;t a factor in family planning when one is a queen. Look at poor Princess Masako of Japan. [/b][/quote]
To compare Princess Masako and Queen Rania is like comparing a Bentley Phatom to a Lexus 300. Masako is the Bentley Phatom and Rania the latter. Princess Masako has the intelligence and grace to care off what Rania can&#39;t, not even on her best. Yet, they are both in families that have internal conflict among members. However, Masako is not interested in having more babies to secure a position she and her husband are hoping their daughter gets what is rightfully hers, the throne. Masako&#39;s issue is gender equality. Rania is just having children as did Noor before. What is wrong with Rania having babies. If she has four, as in the case of Noor, why is she wrong? So if Rania is gulity of trying to secure her position as well as her families, then so is Noor. But where did that get Noor, nothing in the end. She is now the widow of a former King and a mother to four children with a family house on the Potmac River in Maryland.

Well, there is one thing a best-seller.
Old 06-22-2004, 04:21 PM
Serene Highness

Who said Rania was wrong? We were just wondering why and if.
Old 06-22-2004, 04:24 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally posted by Akilah@Jun 22nd, 2004 - 2:11 pm
What is wrong with Rania having babies. If she has four, as in the case of Noor, why is she wrong?
Did anyone say it&#39;s wrong?
Old 06-22-2004, 04:28 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by Bubbette@Jun 22nd, 2004 - 3:21 pm
It was simply the implied undertone. The speculation that she was "securing her son&#39;s" position. That was all. I couldn&#39;t understand why she could not simply be pregnant . She want be the first and most defiantly not the last queen to be come impregnated by her husband.

Thanx
Old 06-22-2004, 04:32 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by Bubbette@Jun 22nd, 2004 - 3:21 pm
May I ask, Why does a married woman have to justify being pregnant, if she is?
Old 06-22-2004, 06:04 PM
Serene Highness

Of course she doesn&#39;t have to justify; I guess it just seems strange to me to go for a fourth child (although larger families seem to be the norm in the Mid-East, vs Western Europe and America, where the population is declining) with all the work that implies, when she could be jetting around the world, like she has been this past year.
Old 06-22-2004, 10:08 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally posted by Akilah@Jun 22nd, 2004 - 11:30 am
Prince Hamzah had no chance at being King and never will, especially now that his father is no longer with us( In my opinion, the moment it was announced that King Hussein had past his chance became absolete). King Hussein made the right choice, whether anyone wants to believe it or not. Prince Hamzah is not experienced enough, even though he is now obtaining a degree at university, and too young. He will be another Prince Andrew in the Hashmite family. He will never be King but his wife and children will be taken care of well, and given titles. The same goes for Hashim, he will be a Prince Edward.. Hashim will not have a true significant role within the family structure, and the only way it "may" improve is with deaths in the family. To put it simply, the Prince Hazmah crusade is a lame duck.
As harsh as the sounds, I think you hit it right on the nail.
Old 06-23-2004, 02:17 AM
Courtier

I have a question that is off the topic, but is about Rania. I was looking at an old photo of Rania, and her hair looked reddish, and in this picture, she wasn&#39;t standing in the sun. I think the photo could have come from this forum, but I&#39;m not sure from who, or exactly which topic concerning her. Now, it is brown. I&#39;m curious to know what is her natural hair color because it really looked red in the old picture that I saw.
Old 06-23-2004, 02:21 AM
bluetortuga

Quote:
Originally posted by sommone@Jun 23rd, 2004 - 12:17 am
I have a question that is off the topic, but is about Rania. I was looking at an old photo of Rania, and her hair looked reddish, and in this picture, she wasn&#39;t standing in the sun. I think the photo could have come from this forum, but I&#39;m not sure from who, or exactly which topic concerning her. Now, it is brown. I&#39;m curious to know what is her natural hair color because it really looked red in the old picture that I saw.
Rania&#39;s natural hair color is dark brown to black. She streaked her hair blonde when she was dating KA, and during the earlier years of their marriage. If you look at Rania&#39;s pics as a teenager or when K. Hussein died, you will see that her hair is a very dark brown.
Old 06-23-2004, 02:24 AM
bluetortuga

Quote:
Originally posted by Angie+Jun 22nd, 2004 - 8:08 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Angie @ Jun 22nd, 2004 - 8:08 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Akilah@Jun 22nd, 2004 - 11:30 am
Prince Hamzah had no chance at being King and never will, especially now that his father is no longer with us( In my opinion, the moment it was announced that King Hussein had past his chance became absolete).&nbsp; King Hussein made the right choice, whether anyone wants to believe it or not.&nbsp; Prince Hamzah is not experienced enough, even though he is now obtaining a degree at university, and too young.&nbsp; He will be another Prince Andrew in the Hashmite family.&nbsp; He will never be King but his wife and children will be taken care of well, and given titles.&nbsp; The same goes for Hashim, he will be a Prince Edward..&nbsp; Hashim will not have a true significant role within the family structure, and the only way it "may" improve is with deaths in the family.&nbsp; To put it simply, the Prince Hazmah crusade is a lame duck.
As harsh as the sounds, I think you hit it right on the nail. [/b][/quote]
I have to agree with you. P. Hamzah is just filling in until P. Hussein comes of age. KA will never allow the center of power to shift from his own children. P. Hamzah could have married 4 Hashemite cousins, it will not increase his chances of becoming king unless KA died at a young age.
Old 06-23-2004, 02:30 AM
Courtier

Thanks.
Old 06-23-2004, 09:58 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally posted by bluetortuga+Jun 23rd, 2004 - 1:24 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bluetortuga @ Jun 23rd, 2004 - 1:24 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by Angie@Jun 22nd, 2004 - 8:08 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-Akilah
Quote:
@Jun 22nd, 2004 - 11:30 am
Prince Hamzah had no chance at being King and never will, especially now that his father is no longer with us( In my opinion, the moment it was announced that King Hussein had past his chance became absolete).* King Hussein made the right choice, whether anyone wants to believe it or not.* Prince Hamzah is not experienced enough, even though he is now obtaining a degree at university, and too young.* He will be another Prince Andrew in the Hashmite family.* He will never be King but his wife and children will be taken care of well, and given titles.* The same goes for Hashim, he will be a Prince Edward..* Hashim will not have a true significant role within the family structure, and the only way it "may" improve is with deaths in the family.* To put it simply, the Prince Hazmah crusade is a lame duck.

As harsh as the sounds, I think you hit it right on the nail.
I have to agree with you. P. Hamzah is just filling in until P. Hussein comes of age. KA will never allow the center of power to shift from his own children. P. Hamzah could have married 4 Hashemite cousins, it will not increase his chances of becoming king unless KA died at a young age. [/b][/quote]
Rania&#39;s hairs are very dark,black,u can see her pictures when she was a kid,and her earlier pictures,she only colored them and heileighted them,
Old 06-23-2004, 01:39 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by Akilah@Jun 22nd, 2004 - 11:30 am
Do you all really think that Queen Rania is that calculating to plan pregancies to advance her position and that of her husbands to secure a throne. Come on people. Prince Hamzah had no chance at being King and never will, especially now that his father is no longer with us( In my opinion, the moment it was announced that King Hussein had past his chance became absolete). King Hussein made the right choice, whether anyone wants to believe it or not. Prince Hamzah is not experienced enough, even though he is now obtaining a degree at university, and too young. He will be another Prince Andrew in the Hashmite family. He will never be King but his wife and children will be taken care of well, and given titles. The same goes for Hashim, he will be a Prince Edward.. Hashim will not have a true significant role within the family structure, and the only way it "may" improve is with deaths in the family. To put it simply, the Prince Hazmah crusade is a lame duck.
And KA wasn&#39;t young and inexperienced when he bcame king? He couldn&#39;t even speak proper arabic, let alone b a king&#33; P.H was KH fave and therefore it was inappropriate to name him king he was also young, especially when he has brothers that are older than him. The reason KA was named king was bcoz of hamzah - who has been pracitcing his role ( in becomn a king) from an early age, unlike KA who had no experience in the huge responsibilties appointed to him, when named king.
Old 06-23-2004, 04:17 PM
Aristocracy

Shy,

i don&#39;t know if you have read my other comments, but I have brought up the issue of King Abdullah not speaking arabic, in my opinion, it is irrevalent to the issue at hand, the issue we were disscussing. Prince Hamzah is out of the loop now that his father is no longer with us. When King Hussein died he did not make Abdullah a regent which was a possiblity, he could have done it for Hassen but choose not to. Prince Hazmah&#39;s time came and went. No matter how much I would like to see him rule, it want happen, today, he is in the same place as his uncle was before him. I think QNoor knows it too whether she will admit it or not publicly. Some of us must accept the unevitable. :(
Old 06-23-2004, 10:59 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I think that the bottom line is that Abdullah, as the eldest son, was the rightful heir and so is his son. You cant simply ignore the law just because some people seem to prefer somebody else as King. We wouldnt be having this discussion if Jordan were Britain or some other European monarchy. Many of the region&#39;s instability comes from this business of people picking and choosing leaders they think are best in their opinion. People in democratic countries or stable constitutional monarchies dont have this sort of mindset.
Old 06-23-2004, 11:31 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by ~*~Humera~*~@Jun 23rd, 2004 - 9:59 pm
I think that the bottom line is that Abdullah, as the eldest son, was the rightful heir and so is his son. You cant simply ignore the law just because some people seem to prefer somebody else as King. We wouldnt be having this discussion if Jordan were Britain or some other European monarchy. Many of the region&#39;s instability comes from this business of people picking and choosing leaders they think are best in their opinion. People in democratic countries or stable constitutional monarchies dont have this sort of mindset.
I think you&#39;re very right the eldest child being the rightful heir and thus being able to pick and choose who should succeed the present King is redundant, as this is not even an issue in Great Britain, Spain, Denmark, etc. But King Hussein "unrung the bell" so to speak, or at least set a different precedence in unchoosing his brother to succeed him and appointing Abdullah in his place. Not to throw in another tired phrase, but the late King opened a can of worms in changing the succession order established long ago. So who can fault Abdullah in 20-30 years time if instead of allowing Hamzah to be king Abdullah appoints his own son. Abdullah would simply be doing what his own father did and it would be hyporcitical to say that it was okay for King Hussein to do it but not for King Abdullah.

Old 06-24-2004, 02:17 AM
bluetortuga

I&#39;m really concerned about Q. Rania now that I have not seen her make a public appearnce in almost 3 weeks. She must be really very ill for her not to attend any of the functions with KA in recent weeks.
Old 06-24-2004, 01:22 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by Genevieve+Jun 23rd, 2004 - 10:31 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Genevieve @ Jun 23rd, 2004 - 10:31 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-~*~Humera~*~@Jun 23rd, 2004 - 9:59 pm
I think you&#39;re very right the eldest child being the rightful heir and thus being able to pick and choose who should succeed the present King is redundant, as this is not even an issue in Great Britain, Spain, Denmark, etc. But King Hussein "unrung the bell" so to speak, or at least set a different precedence in unchoosing his brother to succeed him and appointing Abdullah in his place. Not to throw in another tired phrase, but the late King opened a can of worms in changing the succession order established long ago. So who can fault Abdullah in 20-30 years time if instead of allowing Hamzah to be king Abdullah appoints his own son. Abdullah would simply be doing what his own father did and it would be hyporcitical to say that it was okay for King Hussein to do it but not for King Abdullah. [/b][/quote]
So very ture.

Closed Thread