The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2005, 11:32 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reina
I just heard that. I wasn't trying to say it was true. But I wonder if it is.
Many moslems believe on this, but I'm sure it is not stated in Qur'an. Qur'an says as a moslem have to believe to Taurat, Zabur, and Bible, moslem must believe to the Moses, Jesus and Mohammed as a messanger of God. Logically, if someone convert to the religion who brought by them and we punish with the death does it mean God against His own word, doesn't it ?

Fyi, punishing with the death if moslem convert to other religion only apply in middle east not in my country Indonesia.

Old 03-08-2005, 03:50 AM
Nobility

Let's see what Queen Rania was up to in a different month. I will focus on February 2004. Perhaps it might give some members extra information on what she does:

February 4:

The King and Queen return to Jordan after a several-day private holiday.

February 7:

The King and Queen pray at King Hussein's tomb to commemorate the 5th year anniversary of his death.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	07FEB04.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	104637  

Old 03-08-2005, 03:55 AM
Nobility

February 11:

Queen Rania receives Mrs. Rababa Fayad Baksh, advisor to the Iranian Red Crescent Society and head of Women's Affairs of the Islamic Republic of Iran.
Mrs. Baksh thanked Queen Rania for visiting Bam and Jordanian aid to Iran following the Dec. 26 earthquake which devastated the ancient city and claimed the lives of at least 30,000 residents.

Queen Rania travelled to Bam on January 7 2004, visiting the Jordanian field hospital and meeting survivors of the earthquake. Jordan sent six planeloads of relief sent by the Jordan Hashemite Charity Organization which included medical supplies, tents, blankets and heaters for thousands of people left homeless in the freezing temperatures.
Attached Images

Old 03-08-2005, 04:00 AM
Nobility

February 15:

Queen Rania visits the Ministry of Tourism and Environment to discuss its future development plans. Her Majesty was briefed by officials on the Urban Regeneration and Tourism Development Master Plan for Ajloun Governorate which seeks to make use of the landscape and agricultural resources of the area while capitalizing on its touristic, agricultural and environmental potential to achieve sustainable socio-economic development.

In October 2004, Queen Rania opened the Ajloun Nature Reserve.
Attached Images

Old 03-08-2005, 04:13 AM
Nobility

February 16:

King Abdullah and Queen Rania open the newly renovated King Hussein's Club which was established in 1958. The club is one of the oldest in the Arab world. Their Majesties watched a presentation on TV featuring the stages of the club's establishment and the facilities that have been added.

Queen Rania attends the opening of a workshop "Women and the Law - A regional Dialogue...Supporting Voices of Change". Designed to be a follow up to the first Arab Judicial Forum which was held in Bahrain in Sept. 2003 to improve efficiency of judicial institutions in the Middle East, the three-day regional workshop aims to generate discussion among Middle Eastern women in the legal profession on common issues and challenges, raise awareness of pertinent issues affecting women in judicial systems and develop plans for specific collaboration among participants.

Later that day, Queen Rania joins 100 students in an interactive dialogue session, the second in a series during 2004, drawing attention to the importance of the broad participation of youth in economic and political development of society. Her Majesty noted during the interactive dialogue, "while youth make up 70% of our people, they represent 100% of our future. Their economic and political participation has a great effect on our shared future."
Attached Images

Old 03-08-2005, 04:18 AM
Nobility

February 17:

Queen Rania honours distinguished youth from around Jordan in a celebration held by the Higher Council for Youth (HCY) on the occasion of His Majesty King Abdullah’s birthday. Among those honoured were excelling members of the Youth Leadership Centers as well outstanding scouts, university students, HCY partner organizations as well as media figures who helped realize the programs and activities of the HCY throughout the Kingdom.
Attached Images

Old 03-08-2005, 04:24 AM
Nobility

February 19:

Queen Rania visits the Families Development Association (FDA) in the Hashemi Shamali quarter of Amman, where local women are being trained on microfinance management. The one-week course seeks to qualify participants on microfinance management techniques, feasibility studies and local market studies. Graduates are expected to train other local women on the three skills during similar courses in the future.
Attached Images

Old 03-08-2005, 04:28 AM
Nobility

February 23:

Queen Rania attends the first Arab International Society for Prevention of Child Abuse and Neglect (ISPCAN) regional conference.
Held under Queen Rania’s patronage, the conference provides a platform for discussion and exchange of expertise to help committed professionals from 18 Arab countries in addition to participants from Iran, Sweden, Canada and Japan to share experiences by identifying problems of child abuse in an effort to work globally and through an organizational multi-disciplinary approach towards the prevention and treatment of child abuse, neglect and exploitation.
Attached Images

Old 03-08-2005, 04:35 AM
Nobility

February 24:

Queen Rania undertakes a two-day visit to Qatar. After being welcomed at the airport by Sheikha Mouza, she visits the Supreme Council for Family Affairs (SCFA) in Doha. Established in 2002, the SCFA endeavors to achieve its vision through setting up programs, policies, strategies, and initiatives which contribute to safeguarding the structure of the family unit through working on developing its abilities and protecting its members. It tackles issues like women’s affairs, childhood, elderly, youth and special needs.

Later that day, Her Majesty also meets with women from the Jordanian community residing in Qatar.
Attached Images

Old 03-08-2005, 04:44 AM
Nobility

February 25:

Queen Rania's second and last day in Qatar.

She tours the Education City of the Qatar Foundation for Education, Science and Community Development where she is briefed by the foundation’s Vice President Dr. Seif Hajiri on the objectives and educational policies of the facility which encompasses branch campuses of some of the world's leading universities. Queen Rania also visited institutions established within the Qatar Foundation such as the Qatar Academy, founded as a day school for students from 3 to 18 years of age and offering courses up to the British General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level along with IGCSE, International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program and the IB Primary years program.

Queen Rania also has a meeting with Sheikha Mouza before departing home.
Attached Images

Old 03-08-2005, 05:05 AM
Nobility

February 27:

Queen Rania is in London for a brief one-day working visit. The King and Queen will meet here before going on to Dublin for an official visit to Ireland early next month.

While in London, Her Majesty attends the Young Presidents’ Organization (YPO) Global Leadership Conference, which brings together nearly 700 young business leaders and other invited guests. Held under the theme “Making a Difference”, the conference brought together speakers talking about making a substantive contribution to the world from a variety of perspectives: business, politics, education, medicine, personal motivation, and leadership.

The same day, Queen Rania attends a STARS Foundation meeting of the trustees. http://www.starsfoundation.org/intro.html

Also Her Majesty attends the launch of the Vaccine Fund Drive for the The Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunization. Queen Rania is a member The Vaccine Fund's board of directors. Figures show that mainly in the world’s poorest countries, 8,000 children die each day from preventable diseases, totaling three million children in the world annually and 30 million over the next ten years, because of lack of access to vaccines which would immunize them against preventable, but potentially deadly diseases.
Attached Images

Old 03-08-2005, 05:09 AM
Nobility

February 29:

Last day of the month sees the King and Queen arriving at Dublin's airport for an official visit to Ireland that begins the next day, March 1.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	29FEB04.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	104712  
Old 03-08-2005, 10:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Thank you Balqis for these two monthly examples of Rania's life. I think the point has been made now and members can draw from it what they would like. We don't want to turn this into a pictorial thread of Rania's life. There are other threads in this forum for that.
Old 03-08-2005, 10:33 AM
Heir Apparent

While the last few posts discussing the Qur'an have been interesting, it really has no relation to anything royal let alone the topic of this thread: Actions by Rania that illustrate her as being a good queen as members see her, or actions by her illustrating that she is not a very good queen as members see her.

Any more posts about the Qur'an will be removed from this point forward.
Old 03-08-2005, 06:29 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
Thank you Balqis for these two monthly examples of Rania's life. I think the point has been made now and members can draw from it what they would like. We don't want to turn this into a pictorial thread of Rania's life. There are other threads in this forum for that.
You're welcome, Alexandria :)

I was going to stop there LOL. Just wanted to focus on one more month closer to before Queen Rania became pregnant. Since her pregnancy and giving birth to Prince Hashem she has not been as active as in the first few months of 2004, otherwise I would have chosen a more recent month.

Also the pictures were meant to add to the information I supplied. I could have just illustrated my point about Queen Rania's working life using written information only, but this made it more interesting visually :)
Old 03-10-2005, 04:00 PM

Post I must respectfully disagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
While the last few posts discussing the Qur'an have been interesting, it really has no relation to anything royal let alone the topic of this thread: Actions by Rania that illustrate her as being a good queen as members see her, or actions by her illustrating that she is not a very good queen as members see her.

Any more posts about the Qur'an will be removed from this point forward.
Alexandria
I must respectfull disagree but will abide by the request. Being "royal" does not mean "no religion involved" particularly when the royal has stated their religion is part of who they are--which Queen Rania has done. She publicly came out about her view on "hijabs" and about being Muslim. She set the stage by saying she is a royal, a woman, a Moslem. Just as Pres. Bush has publicly stated his view of "religion" via what type of Christianity he follows. He also states his "religion" impacts his decision making process as the role of president of the United States. Could not the same be said for Queen Rania? Does not religion have a part in why the uproar with Prince Charles marrying Camilla. The British royality have had a "love/hate" relationship with religion in general and particularly with the state determined church, which is Anglican.
I don't see how being "royal" excludes one from religion. A point that is oft discussed in the political sciences classes of a nearby University here in the US. Again the discussions include the relationship of those in leadership of a country--be they royal or elected, their religious stance, state sponsored religion if applicable, and the choices those in leadership do for their countries.
I think Queen Rania, like Queen Noor, do not divest themselves from their religion and their religious texts--including the Bible. Does this mean a quote from any religious text is not acceptable in this or any forum???
I post not to anger or inflame but just to share a view point that it is hard to divest oneself from one's "religion/faith".
Old 03-10-2005, 04:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by prophetess
Alexandria
I must respectfull disagree but will abide by the request. Being "royal" does not mean "no religion involved" particularly when the royal has stated their religion is part of who they are--which Queen Rania has done. She publicly came out about her view on "hijabs" and about being Muslim. She set the stage by saying she is a royal, a woman, a Moslem. Just as Pres. Bush has publicly stated his view of "religion" via what type of Christianity he follows. He also states his "religion" impacts his decision making process as the role of president of the United States. Could not the same be said for Queen Rania? Does not religion have a part in why the uproar with Prince Charles marrying Camilla. The British royality have had a "love/hate" relationship with religion in general and particularly with the state determined church, which is Anglican.
I don't see how being "royal" excludes one from religion. A point that is oft discussed in the political sciences classes of a nearby University here in the US. Again the discussions include the relationship of those in leadership of a country--be they royal or elected, their religious stance, state sponsored religion if applicable, and the choices those in leadership do for their countries.
I think Queen Rania, like Queen Noor, do not divest themselves from their religion and their religious texts--including the Bible. Does this mean a quote from any religious text is not acceptable in this or any forum???
I post not to anger or inflame but just to share a view point that it is hard to divest oneself from one's "religion/faith".

I totally agree with you prophetess,your post explain exactly what i would like to say about this matter, and we have to don't forget here that rania is made a queen thanks to religion of islam and claims of descendence from prophet mohamed of the JRF!

Talking about religion and how rania is related to it could not be excluded from this forum,since she gave her point of view about many topics on it and,in some of them she's right,but in most of them she lacks logics and seeks only to shock ....

So we members here,we have the right to express our opinion about her opinions,and to talk about how she could express some of them without being shocking for her people ,since the topic of this thread is"behaving fit for a queen"! :)
Old 03-10-2005, 05:34 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monalisa
I totally agree with you prophetess,your post explain exactly what i would like to say about this matter, and we have to don't forget here that rania is made a queen thanks to religion of islam and claims of descendence from prophet mohamed of the JRF!

Talking about religion and how rania is related to it could not be excluded from this forum,since she gave her point of view about many topics on it and,in some of them she's right,but in most of them she lacks logics and seeks only to shock ....

So we members here,we have the right to express our opinion about her opinions,and to talk about how she could express some of them without being shocking for her people ,since the topic of this thread is"behaving fit for a queen"! :)

Just one quick thing, Rania is not a descendent of the prophet mohammad, her husband is.
Old 03-10-2005, 05:38 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sommone
Just one quick thing, Rania is not a descendent of the prophet mohammad, her husband is.
i knew that,i didn't say in my post that she was her self descendent of the prophet,but i said that she's made a queen thanks to a family who claims being descendent from prophet:) !
Old 03-10-2005, 05:57 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monalisa
i knew that,i didn't say in my post that she was her self descendent of the prophet,but i said that she's made a queen thanks to a family who claims being descendent from prophet:) !

I'm sorry, but your sentence gave the impression that you were saying she was a descendent.