The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2005, 04:00 AM
Nobility

October 8:

Today Their Majesties visit the Parliament, supergiant corporation Ericsson, Stockholm Town Hall and a Mosque.

Queen Rania visits an art and design college with Queen Silvia.

Later that evening a return banquet is held at the Grand Hotel.

Various pics from that day:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	147315.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	103523   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sweden2.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	103527   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sweden14.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	103528  
Attached Images

Old 03-06-2005, 04:12 AM
Nobility

October 9:

Their Majesties visit the Swedish space institute. Most of the last day of the State Visit is spent in the northern town of Kiruna with a visit to an ice hotel and some tourist attractions, before the royal couple depart.
Attached Images

Old 03-06-2005, 04:27 AM
Nobility

October 14:

Her Majesty makes a three-day visit to the US. She opens the Petra: Lost City of Stone exhibition at the American Museum of Natural History in New York, promoting Jordan and its treasures, as well as boosting cross-cultural dialogue.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Petra03#1.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	103536   Click image for larger version

Name:	Petra03#2.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	103537   Click image for larger version

Name:	Petra1.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	103538   Click image for larger version

Name:	Petra2.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	103539  

Attached Images

Old 03-06-2005, 04:38 AM
Nobility

October 15:

Interview with Diane Sawyer on Good Morning America. Her Majesty speaks on a number of issues including honour killings and the situation in Iraq.

Queen Rania travels to Dearborn, Michigan, where she makes the keynote speech at the annual banquet of the American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee (ADC) - one of the largest grass-roots organizations advocating Arab-American rights.

I may post the interview at the Articles, Speeches & Int. thread we have going. It is very good.
Attached Images

Old 03-06-2005, 04:57 AM
Nobility

October 16:

The last day of her three-day visit to the US. Her Majesty attends the forum "The Jordanian Gateway to Business Opportunity in a rapidly Changing Middle East", where Jordanian officials and Jordanian and American senior business leaders discuss Jordan's new model of economic reforms and the economic growth it witnessed in the past four years.

Interview with Queen Rania on CNBC's Capitol Report (again excellent interview which might find its way to the Interviews thread very soon).

In the evening Queen Rania attends a gala reception and a special musical performance by Jordanian pianist Zade Dirani, to mark the official launching of the Jordan expose at the National Museum of Natural History entitled "Celebrating Jordan's History and Culture" where a series of lectures and film on Jordan will be held offering an opportunity to better understand Jordan’s rich cultural treasures and heritage.
Attached Images

Old 03-06-2005, 05:04 AM
Nobility

October 20:

Queen Rania opens the Fourth Euro-Mediterranean Forum of Women Parliamentarians in Amman, and makes the keynote speech. The participants include 15 European countries signatory of the Barcelona Declaration, 12 Mediterranean countries as well as representatives from the European Parliament.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20oct03#1.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	103544   Click image for larger version

Name:	20oct03#2.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	103545  
Old 03-06-2005, 05:18 AM
Courtier

Thanks for breaking the monotony in this thread with pictures, Balqis...although, I know that isn't the reason why you are putting them in the thread. :) Looks to me, Rania was very busy during the month of October of 2003. I'm still trying to figure out how you determine if someone is hard working by looking at the picture? I mean, when I look at the pictures and the dates, I know that she must have been really busy.
Old 03-06-2005, 05:21 AM
Nobility

October 21:

Queen Rania visits Sweimeh. There she undertakes the following engagements:

Visit to Sarahdeh Elementary Schooland, where Her Majesty inspects the facilities and talks with students and teachers.

She visits different families in the area and is briefed on their living conditions. As a result of her visit to the area, the local mosque is to have water facilities, electricity and women’s praying quarters, a health center in the area is to be established and an optical team will head to the area to conduct full optical services and examination for the residents.

On her way back home, Queen Rania visits the Baptism site, one of the major religious tourist attractions in Jordan, drawing tourists form around the world. Her Majesty tours the site and meets tourists among which where participants of the rally of classic cars - "Jewel that is Jordan" - currently on tour of various sites in the Kingdom.

Later that evening Their Majesties open a classic cars museum exhibition and hold a reception for the participants of the classic car rally.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Oct03Jordan0001.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	103546   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oct03Jordan0002.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	103547   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oct03Jordan0003.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	103548   Click image for larger version

Name:	car_rally1.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	103549  

Name:	car_rally2.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	103550  
Old 03-06-2005, 05:25 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by sommone
Thanks for breaking the monotony in this thread with pictures, Balqis...although, I know that isn't the reason why you are putting them in the thread. :)
You're welcome, Sommone :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sommone
Looks to me, Rania was very busy during the month of October of 2003. I'm still trying to figure out how you determine if someone is hard working by looking at the picture? I mean, when I look at the pictures and the dates, I know that she must have been really busy.
Hopefully the information I am providing as well will help. We will see

It's a nice and fun experiment nonetheless :)
Old 03-06-2005, 05:35 AM
Nobility

October 22:

Queen Rania attends the opening session of the first meeting of Cross-Cultural Dialogue organised by the Jordanian Executive Committee for the Arab Women’s Summit where she underlined that dialogue is a vital tool that enables people to connect and reach out to each other in a spirit of common understanding, frank exchange, and goodwill. Queen Rania is the President of the Arab Women's Summit for 2002-2004.

She has meetings with Ms. Mary Robinson, former UN Commissioner for Human Rights and Dr. Mervat Tellawi, ESCWA Executive Director.
Attached Images

Old 03-06-2005, 05:42 AM
Nobility

October 29:

Queen Rania makes a surprise visit to Khreibet Al Souq Elementary School in Yadoudeh area, south of Amman. She tours the classrooms, reads with the students and converses with them. She also talks with teachers of the school which has 224 students and directs that schoolbags and sweaters be distributed to students.

Queen Rania visits the Al Asirra Al Bayda’a (White Beds Society) home for the elderly in the area of Al-Juweideh, east of Amman. During the visit to the home which now hosts 65 elderly people, Her Majesty tours the facility and chats with the elderly residents, inquiring about their needs. She also receives a briefing on the various services offered by the home, including medical and health care services catering to specific medical conditions of residents.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	4295.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	103566  
Attached Images

Old 03-06-2005, 06:13 AM
Nobility

October 26:

The King and Queen attend a meeting at the Raghadan Palace with a delegation from the strategic "Med Bridge" Centre which includes in its membership many European politicians. His Majesty speaks about the Israel-Palestinian conflict as well as the issues concerning Iraq.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	8ac8.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	103565  
Old 03-06-2005, 03:40 PM
Majesty

Rania does whatever other European royal ladies do. Nothing more, nothing less. Unfortunately and as usually people notice only her shopping sprees and the way she dresses. If she dresses tasteless, she represents Jordan in bad light. If she looks fine, people are angry because Her Majesty spend all money on her clothes. It is impossible to please all and everyone.

Note, Mrs. Putina (the wife of Russian President) got a huge squal of critisizm for the way she dresses from foreign media.
Old 03-06-2005, 10:39 PM
Gentry

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina
Rania does whatever other European royal ladies do. Nothing more, nothing less. Unfortunately and as usually people notice only her shopping sprees and the way she dresses. If she dresses tasteless, she represents Jordan in bad light. If she looks fine, people are angry because Her Majesty spend all money on her clothes. It is impossible to please all and everyone.

Note, Mrs. Putina (the wife of Russian President) got a huge squal of critisizm for the way she dresses from foreign media.
Your assessment of the situation is superficial (sorry to tell you this). The issue is more profound than just to either to dress super elegant or to dress so poorly...
Old 03-06-2005, 11:02 PM
Serene Highness

The thread topic is "Why Queen Rania Is a Hard Working Queen." Its intent is to explore what Queen Rania does for her country.
Old 03-07-2005, 12:50 PM
Majesty

Dear Monamona,
I would like to tell you that my opnion is not so superficial. This issue is overblown by media and other parties, and Her Majesty is partially responsible of assisting them. I believe that she does her best in fulfilling her duties. The only thing she has neglected is too much of attention, which serves both negative and positive sides. She needs to find the right balance in this matter.
I do respect her for being a mother and a wife.
Old 03-07-2005, 03:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina
Dear Monamona,
This issue is overblown by media and other parties, and Her Majesty is partially responsible of assisting them. I believe that she does her best in fulfilling her duties.

Well said, Al_Bina. I have been saying the media focus too much on what she's wearing instead of what she is doing. Welcome to TRF by the way.:)
Old 03-07-2005, 09:47 PM
Courtier

What is the topic of this thread again? There seems to be several discussions going on here.
Old 03-07-2005, 10:28 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reina
Doesn't converting from Islam to another religion mean death?
Hello Reina,

Which part of Qur'an say that ?
Old 03-07-2005, 10:38 PM
Royal Highness

I just heard that. I wasn't trying to say it was true. But I wonder if it is.