The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2005, 07:45 AM

thank u t.r.o.u.b.l.e for ur comment:) and i have to b frank with u all i was talking to friends now and they told me i shouldn't have written this coz it's not really secure to do this ,they can get u for this :( ..anyway,what this man said was true not only for many factual information he said and i didn't write it all but because he was talking in a very good spirit,disappointed or sad yes but not angry or envious he was relaxed and old really..he had kindness in heart..:)
and for the relative i can't tell her name of course and i can't tell mom nor my husband that i actually wrote what she said about rania u know y...
i just wanted to tell the truth...sincerely....:) :)

Old 03-04-2005, 07:54 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirella
3-I DON'T KNOW Y I ALWAYS MEET PEOPLE WHO KNOW HER BUT ONCE I WAS GOING TO MY MEDICINE COLLEGE IN JORDAN UNIVERSITY IN AMMAN BY A TAXI IN 1999 AND THE OLDMAN DRIVING THE TAXI HAD A CHAT TELLING ME THAT HE USED TO PICK RANIA EVERYDAY WHEN SHE WAS WORKING IN THE BANK I THINK AND WHEN PRINCE ABDULLAH WAS ONLY VISITING THEM AT HOME TALKING TO HER FATHER BEFORE ENGAGEMENT AND THIS OLD MAN AND HE TOLD HER PLEASE MISS RANIA IF NASEEB OR MARRIGE TOOK PLACE PLEASE TELL PRINCE ABDULLA ABOUT ME AS HE Z SOOOO POOR..SHE SAID OK..

Interesting. The Harper's Bazaar article from March 2003 says that when Rania met Abdullah, she was 22 and working in marketing for Apple Computer in Amman. Perhaps they are wrong, I don't know. According to them she wasn't at Citibank... so which bank are you referring to that this taxi driver used to take her to work for, Mirella?

Old 03-04-2005, 07:58 AM
Courtier

ell,it's so intersting to have someone from jordan in this thread,we've another jordanian member Trouble she's so wise and goes by diplomacy so she never tell us the general idea about rania
about what she'd said about hijab,I can only say who does she want to fool?1 billion moslems in the world?everyone(including babies!) knows that hijab is not only an arab taradition it's a must in islam,in jahelia times because of the hot weather pepole chose practically to wear nothing,there are several parts of Quran about obligation of hijab and my advice to Rania is that if you consider yourself a moslem go and read Quran in order not to say false things and if you're ashamed of your religoun go and convert to another religoun instead of distortioning Quran(which is a big sin,its punishment is death in islam).
i myself never wear hijab and i'm sure after I die I'll be send directly to Hell(Jahannam)because I wore bikini several times but Allah knows i couldnt go swimming with a veil!
anywayand about her being a goddess beauty i dont know what jordanians say but i've seen her and i tell you she's quite an ordinary woman
i think the matter with her might come from two things first is that she doesnt have self confidence or maybe she's pathalogically proud of herself
Old 03-04-2005, 08:25 AM
Nobility

Here's the relevant excerpt from the Harper's Bazaar article and interview with Queen Rania:

"When Rania met Abdullah in 1992, she was 22 and working in marketing for Apple Computer in Amman. Her family - who fled Kuwait after Saddam invaded the country, setting of the Gulf War - had resettled in Jordan. Rania joined them after graduating with a business degree from the American University in Cairo, first going to work for Citibank, then for Apple. She wasn't looking for a prince; she was looking to climb the ladder as a businesswoman

But one night she was invited to a dinner party at the home of Princess Aisha, one of Abdullah's sisters. (Aisha's husband had business dealings with Apple and got to know Rania). It's not like it was a fix up, says Rania. The prince wasn't even supposed to be there. "He was on military exercises that weekend. But he had done so well," says Rania, proudly, that he was able to take the weekend off. "So I just happened to be there, and he just happened to be there, and it's just something that clicked."

The courtship was fast - and deliberately clandestine. Rania remembers how they were careful not to go out in public until they were engaged. "There would have been a barrage of rumours and gossip. It would take one hour to be all over Amman!"
Old 03-04-2005, 11:31 AM

Balqis ,aren't we missing the point of her taxi driver?
and what do u expect her to say in her interview yes i was so ambitious and wanted someone wealthy and important coz i think i'm beautiful with a BA from the american university?!!!!!!!!!(though not really impressing)
the words came out of a close relevant of her very close who knew her since a child and know her ambition..
i don't want to talk about this anymore if ur really interested in the truth this is her truth and god knows but if u r working for her in any way then u r free as i couldn't help but to notice that all ur replis about rania even in other threads are so passionate and too documented i mean does any ordinary person keep all this archive electronically saved with him about her and her tours her plans and appointed visits i mean be frank and honest Balqis do u work in the royal court or with rania in any way or u r just an ordinary woman like me? ..plz reply dear balqis.
Old 03-04-2005, 12:34 PM
Royal Highness

Doesn't converting from Islam to another religion mean death?
Old 03-04-2005, 09:45 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIRELLA
Balqis ,aren't we missing the point of her taxi driver?
I am very sceptical about this taxi driver and his story.

My reasons are:

1. he was supposedly taking her to the bank where she worked, but she was working at Apple computers at the time of her meeting with Prince Abdullah. Now did he get this part wrong or did you?

2. The same taxi driver was taking Rania to work every day?

3. This was a very secret courtship as the Harper's Bazaar article explains. Why would a taxi driver be privy to it?

Sorry you or the taxi driver have not convinced me. If other people buy it that's fine. But I am looking at it from a realistic point of view.

Quote:
and what do u expect her to say in her interview yes i was so ambitious and wanted someone wealthy and important coz i think i'm beautiful with a BA from the american university?!!!!!!!!!(though not really impressing)
OK, that's what you are thinking. People can make up their own minds as to Rania's motives for marrying Abdullah. How about two people meeting by accident and falling in love? Nothing from what I have read about Queen Rania gives me the impression that she thinks she is at all what you describe above. In fact she is very modest.

Quote:
the words came out of a close relevant of her very close who knew her since a child and know her ambition..
I have relatives who wouldn't actually sing my praises either. Does that mean I am what they think I am? No, it means that people see what they want to see. There are a lot of people who do know Queen Rania and do not share this view of her. Are they all wrong?

Quote:
i don't want to talk about this anymore if ur really interested in the truth this is her truth and god knows but if u r working for her in any way then u r free as i couldn't help but to notice that all ur replis about rania even in other threads are so passionate and too documented i mean does any ordinary person keep all this archive electronically saved with him about her and her tours her plans and appointed visits i mean be frank and honest Balqis do u work in the royal court or with rania in any way or u r just an ordinary woman like me? ..plz reply dear balqis.
I am not working for Queen Rania, I assure you Mirella. I think that's quite amusing that you would think that. I am a normal person living in Australia. A lot of people like myself quote online articles. This means that we actually have something substantial with which to support our viewpoints. It's called facts, that little bit of information that makes all the difference. No offence but I don't believe your sources. I think that story from a taxi driver is quite flimsy and that relative - if he or she were a true relative they wouldn't go around saying stories like that. That's my opinion.
Old 03-05-2005, 04:53 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balqis

Well that's because it is pretty much all we hear from certain members. It doesn't mean that that's the only thing the Queen is known for and admired for at home or on the international scene. You and others seem to pretty much disregard the information supplied here and elsewhere and focus on only what seems to prove your viewpoint. And that doesn't make it true.
Isn't the point of this thread though to provide alternate views of Rania than someone who spends, spends, spends and dresses in designer clothes? I don't see much in this thread or in any thread related to Rania to provide much information or even images of Rania working hard.

In the Spanish forum no one debates that Letizia works hard. You can see it in the hundreds of images posted of her alongside Felipe of her attending some event, opening, function and meetings. In the Rania picture thread especially, I see more pictures of Rania shopping or carring shopping bags from designer stores.

I wouldn't say that everyone disregards the info provided on Rania's (attempts) at working. Please don't make gross generalizations about that just because a few members may have. Unless you can see every post and every thread I've read it's unfair to say that people are disregarding thing and seeing what they want to believe.

I have read the few (very few) information provided and it doesn't add up to much. At least the workload doesn't satisfactorily equate with the tremendous amount of money spent on clothing, shoes, purses, jewellery and accessories. Maybe if Rania worked as hard as Letizia and lived in a nation where wealth was better distributed the designer clothes and spending could be overlooked but she doesn't.
Old 03-05-2005, 05:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cute_girl
anywayand about her being a goddess beauty i dont know what jordanians say but i've seen her and i tell you she's quite an ordinary woman
I think Rania is quite an ordinary girl who is in extraordinary circumstances and who has access to a seemingly endless bank account which allows her to purchase endless amounts of clothing, makeup and other accessories to make herself look better. Given the amount of money Rania spends on clothing or access to her clothing, jewellery, accessories, makeup, hair stylists and make up anyone could look as good as she does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cute_girl
i think the matter with her might come from two things first is that she doesnt have self confidence or maybe she's pathalogically proud of herself
And the reason I think Rania dresses, accessorizes and carries herself excessively is because she's insecure. Insecure in succeeding in the role of Queen of Jordan from Queen Noor who represented her country so well, insecure in her role as queen in comparison to queens who have proven their worth through their work and commitment to their roles, insecure in her ability to be a leader with initiatives to help her people, and perhaps the way she compensates this insecurity is to dress excessively in order to mask her insecurity and get compliments for her physical appearance because she knows her works can't compare.

If Rania is proud of her excessive spending habits then she should really be ashamed of herself. To spend that outlandishly when you know that the people of your country cannot afford even one Hermes scarf if they saved all their working lives is appaling and if that doesn't induce some shame and guilt than that is definitely a pathological and disgraceful person.
Old 03-05-2005, 07:51 PM
Aristocracy

Envy is capable of everything, isn't it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genevieve
Isn't the point of this thread though to provide alternate views of Rania than someone who spends, spends, spends and dresses in designer clothes? I don't see much in this thread or in any thread related to Rania to provide much information or even images of Rania working hard.

In the Spanish forum no one debates that Letizia works hard. You can see it in the hundreds of images posted of her alongside Felipe of her attending some event, opening, function and meetings. In the Rania picture thread especially, I see more pictures of Rania shopping or carring shopping bags from designer stores.

I wouldn't say that everyone disregards the info provided on Rania's (attempts) at working. Please don't make gross generalizations about that just because a few members may have. Unless you can see every post and every thread I've read it's unfair to say that people are disregarding thing and seeing what they want to believe.

I have read the few (very few) information provided and it doesn't add up to much. At least the workload doesn't satisfactorily equate with the tremendous amount of money spent on clothing, shoes, purses, jewellery and accessories. Maybe if Rania worked as hard as Letizia and lived in a nation where wealth was better distributed the designer clothes and spending could be overlooked but she doesn't.
Gevevieve

STOP SLANGERING HER MAJESTY!!!

Are you a saleswoman in a designer store?

Letizia is not work harder than Queen Rania. Felipe and Letizia have a lot of official duties becasue Lety is a divorced woman and in this way they try to win the Spanish people. However Felipe is her second husband. BTW, Spain is not so wealthy country.

I suggest that the moderators close this thread because some member star slandering again and agian.
Old 03-05-2005, 08:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilah
Gevevieve

STOP SLANGERING HER MAJESTY!!!

Are you a saleswoman in a designer store?

Letizia is not work harder than Queen Rania. Felipe and Letizia have a lot of official duties becasue Lety is a divorced woman and in this way they try to win the Spanish people. However Felipe is her second husband. BTW, Spain is not so wealthy country.

I suggest that the moderators close this thread because some member star slandering again and agian.
How am I slandering her? I am simply offering up my opinon as are others. Just because you don't like the opinon I and others hold doesn't mean it's slander.

If I think Letizia works harder than Rania that is my opinon still and I am still entitled to it. And what does Felipe being Letizia's second husband have do to do with how hard working either Letizia or Rania are? Spain may not be the wealthiest country in the world but it is certainly wealther than Jordan.

And why would you think I'm a salesperson in a designer store? If I were, wouldn't it make more sense for me to advocate Rania keep spending extravagantly and keep buying designer clothes, preferably from my store? I am in fact advocating that Rania spend less on designer clothing -- which would be a bad thing to advocate if I owned a designer clothing store; I'd surely go out of business.
Old 03-05-2005, 09:46 PM
Royal Highness

Let us remember that we all have a right to voice our opinions as long as we are respectful and do not slander anyone. I know that we each are passionate about our favorite royals but let's keep things in perspective.
Old 03-05-2005, 10:08 PM
Commoner

Hi to all, I've been a silent member due to time constraints, but I'd just like to say that while I don't completely agree with Genevieve's opinion on Q. Rania, I think she brings up interesting points, and so do those who do think that Q. Rania is doing a good job. Debates are good - as long as they're kept friendly, everyone stands to learn something. It would be boring to have only topics that leaves no room for debate.
Old 03-05-2005, 11:36 PM
Gentry

Thumbs up

Quote:
I think Rania is quite an ordinary girl who is in extraordinary circumstances and who has access to a seemingly endless bank account which allows her to purchase endless amounts of clothing, makeup and other accessories to make herself look better. Given the amount of money Rania spends on clothing or access to her clothing, jewellery, accessories, makeup, hair stylists and make up anyone could look as good as she does.

And the reason I think Rania dresses, accessorizes and carries herself excessively is because she's insecure. Insecure in succeeding in the role of Queen of Jordan from Queen Noor who represented her country so well, insecure in her role as queen in comparison to queens who have proven their worth through their work and commitment to their roles, insecure in her ability to be a leader with initiatives to help her people, and perhaps the way she compensates this insecurity is to dress excessively in order to mask her insecurity and get compliments for her physical appearance because she knows her works can't compare.

If Rania is proud of her excessive spending habits then she should really be ashamed of herself. To spend that outlandishly when you know that the people of your country cannot afford even one Hermes scarf if they saved all their working lives is appaling and if that doesn't induce some shame and guilt than that is definitely a pathological and disgraceful person.
Agree...A post that brings up interesting points.
Old 03-06-2005, 12:02 AM
Nobility

Quote:
How am I slandering her?
Well, I think comments such as this do not help:
"If Rania is proud of her excessive spending habits then she should really be ashamed of herself. To spend that outlandishly when you know that the people of your country cannot afford even one Hermes scarf if they saved all their working lives is appaling and if that doesn't induce some shame and guilt than that is definitely a pathological and disgraceful person."

Quote:
I am simply offering up my opinon as are others. Just because you don't like the opinon I and others hold doesn't mean it's slander.
May I ask what you get out of saying something negative about a royal person? I am not trying to be mean, I am just asking.

You constantly bring up how Her Majesty just spends big amounts of money and how Jordan is so poor. The fact that designers give royals free clothes or discounts has been discussed here ad nauseum. Yet you disregard this. Yes, Jordan is a poor country, but should Rania walk around in rags? Everytime she appears at an event highlighting the many issues and organizations she helps, wearing modern and beautiful clothes, Jordan benefits by the attention and prestige she brings to it. Also it's a way to broadcast that Jordan is on the rise so come on over and invest in our country and help create a new Middle East. Why do you think many small poor countries get overlooked in terms of help from the western nations? They do not have the leadership and yes the right image that creates buzz and attention. Sorry if it offends you, seeing the big labels and so on, but in the end Jordan WILL benefit. Just give it a few years...
Old 03-06-2005, 12:24 AM
Courtier

Quote:
How am I slandering her? I am simply offering up my opinon as are others. Just because you don't like the opinon I and others hold doesn't mean it's slander.

If I think Letizia works harder than Rania that is my opinon still and I am still entitled to it. And what does Felipe being Letizia's second husband have do to do with how hard working either Letizia or Rania are? Spain may not be the wealthiest country in the world but it is certainly wealther than Jordan.

And why would you think I'm a salesperson in a designer store? If I were, wouldn't it make more sense for me to advocate Rania keep spending extravagantly and keep buying designer clothes, preferably from my store? I am in fact advocating that Rania spend less on designer clothing -- which would be a bad thing to advocate if I owned a designer clothing store; I'd surely go out of business.

We aren't comparing Letizia and Rania again, are we? I think it is bad enough so called journalists have done it. I'm not into comparing cp's, but if we are going solely by pictures, I have seen pictures of Rania doing similar duties that Letizia does. Also, there are several threads based on both Rania and Letizia's clothing, jewelry, etc. Like I said before, I think people tend to get more caught up in what she's wearing instead of what she's doing. As far as who works harder, I didn't know you could look at pictures and determine from a snap shot who works harder...
Old 03-06-2005, 12:42 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balqis
Well, I think comments such as this do not help:
"If Rania is proud of her excessive spending habits then she should really be ashamed of herself. To spend that outlandishly when you know that the people of your country cannot afford even one Hermes scarf if they saved all their working lives is appaling and if that doesn't induce some shame and guilt than that is definitely a pathological and disgraceful person."

May I ask what you get out of saying something negative about a royal person? I am not trying to be mean, I am just asking.

You constantly bring up how Her Majesty just spends big amounts of money and how Jordan is so poor. The fact that designers give royals free clothes or discounts has been discussed here ad nauseum. Yet you disregard this. Yes, Jordan is a poor country, but should Rania walk around in rags? Everytime she appears at an event highlighting the many issues and organizations she helps, wearing modern and beautiful clothes, Jordan benefits by the attention and prestige she brings to it. Also it's a way to broadcast that Jordan is on the rise so come on over and invest in our country and help create a new Middle East. Why do you think many small poor countries get overlooked in terms of help from the western nations? They do not have the leadership and yes the right image that creates buzz and attention. Sorry if it offends you, seeing the big labels and so on, but in the end Jordan WILL benefit. Just give it a few years...

You're right, Balqis...I, too, have read the same debates about how royals get discounts, and free clothing. Besides all this talk about Rania's spending doesn't have any real basis because none of us really know how much she is spending anyway. People are forming opinions based on pictures, but the same pictures can't tell you exactly how much someone spent, and even if you can go research the value and/or designer of a product a royal is wearing, it doesn't mean that they paid the same price for it, or that they even paid at all.

My goodness, I said I wasn't getting into this discussion on Rania's spending anymore, yet here I am again. It's all speculation anyhow with no facts other than opinions formed based on pictures. The topic isn't even about Rania's spending, but it definitely has taken that direction. Rania's so called "spending" and how hard she is working is as different as oil and water.

I don't see any proof showing that Rania isn't working hard, and the argument that she works hard spending money, etc. etc is completely ridiculous, if not funny...that's why I said that you can't determine how hard someone works by simply looking at pictures...LOL.
Old 03-06-2005, 03:15 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by sommone
I don't see any proof showing that Rania isn't working hard, and the argument that she works hard spending money, etc. etc is completely ridiculous, if not funny...that's why I said that you can't determine how hard someone works by simply looking at pictures...LOL.
Good point, Sommone

But let's indulge Genevieve. Perhaps the visual will help. They do say that a picture is worth a thousand words :)

Despite the fact that numerous photos of Queen Rania at work exist on many many threads, I thought it might be a good idea to concentrate on one month in the life of Queen Rania, just to give people an idea of what she does. Also it might be fun too! I picked October 2003 (way before she became pregnant and was quite active). So let's see what Queen Rania was up to:

October 1:

Queen Rania and King Abdullah are on a two-day official visit to France (they had arrived on Sep 30). They meet President Chirac and his wife Bernadette at the Elysee Palace. Queen Rania has lunch with Mrs Chirac.

Also that day Queen Rania has a meeting with French Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs, Mr. Renaud Muselier in which France pledges to extend financial and political support for the Vaccine Fund of whose Board of Directors Queen Rania is an active member.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1oct03#6.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	103511   Click image for larger version

Name:	1oct03#4.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	103512   Click image for larger version

Name:	144644.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	103513   Click image for larger version

Name:	144537.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	103514  

Name:	144544.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	103515   Click image for larger version

Name:	144541.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	103516  
Old 03-06-2005, 03:31 AM
Nobility

October 5:

Queen Rania chaires the annual meeting of the National Council for Family Affairs (NCFA).
Also the same day, Queen Rania meets the board of the National Center for Human Rights (NCHR).

Could not find a pic for those two engagements, but if I do I will add it here.

October 6:

Her Majesty visits Wadi Al-Rayyan Municipality in the Jordan Valley where she has the following engagements:
Visit to the the Jordan River Foundation's Wadi Rayyan Project.
Inauguration of the Wadi Al-Rayyan School, a new school built by the UNRWA.
Visit to the Wadi Al-Rayyan Women's Charitable Society.

Only one pic that I could find.
Attached Images

Old 03-06-2005, 03:44 AM
Nobility

October 7:

Their Majesties begin a three-day State Visit to Sweden. After an official welcome, they visit a Museum in Stockholm. Later in the day Queen Rania, accompanied by Queen Silvia and Crown Princess Victoria, visits a Crisis Center for Women. They tour different facilities and workshops.

Later that evening there is a State Banquet held in honour of the King and Queen.

Just a small selection of pics from that day:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	JT07oct03_Stockholm.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	103520  
Attached Images

Closed Thread