The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > King Abdullah and Queen Rania and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-25-2006, 02:23 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Day 2 - Part 3

From Andalou, Polfoto, Reuters and AP.
All these pictures make me want to see Istanbul.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	465236.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	230107   Click image for larger version

Name:	465235.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	230108   Click image for larger version

Name:	465234.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	230111   Click image for larger version

Name:	465231.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	230112  

Name:	465232.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	230113   Click image for larger version

Name:	465230.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	230114   Click image for larger version

Name:	465237.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	230115  

Old 02-25-2006, 04:40 AM
Nobility

Istanbul is a STUNNING city - simply wonderful.

Old 02-25-2006, 05:27 AM
Royal Highness

Beautiful Pictures!!!
Thank you for such a huge amount of new pics.
Old 02-25-2006, 03:16 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
From Anadolu
Thanks Humera, but can anyone explain why is QR wearing TWO BELTS notice one black under her jumper and one white , this doesn't look right to me.
Old 02-25-2006, 04:19 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – Jordan

From cover and anadolu:

February 22 - Queen Rania and Prince Hashem arriving in Turkey:
Old 02-25-2006, 04:31 PM
Nobility

Thanx for the pix everyone!! QR looks lovely as always
Old 02-26-2006, 01:02 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by salma
February 22 - Queen Rania and Prince Hashem arriving in Turkey:
thanx for the pictures salma. I had read Hashem had accompanied QR on this trip but couldn't find any photos until now.

Queen Rania leaves fans in her wake:
Saturday, February 25, 2006
Mehmet Ali Birand

There are some people who are difficult to take a shine to. They seem too distant or seem to purposely put a distance between themselves and you. And when these people are royalty, prime ministers or presidents, the situation becomes even more dramatic.

There are exceptions to this, of course. And at the head of this list of exceptions is Jordan's Queen Rania. She is the wife of Jordanian King Abdullah.

For some reason there seems to be an aura of good luck around the Jordanian royal family. I will never forget the natural friendliness of the former King Hussein of Jordan. After talking with him for three hours in a taping for the "32. Gun" program, I felt, at the end, as though I was taking leave of a friend I had known for years. That is the feeling that King Hussein always gave the people with whom he dealt.

I spoke with his son, Abdullah, two years ago, and he gave off the same sense of warmth.
And now I have met Queen Rania, who came to Istanbul in support of the Mother Child Education Foundation (AÇEV).

In addition to being queen, Rania is also strikingly beautiful. One might think that being both beautiful and a queen would change a person. But that's not the case with Rania; she is, just like her husband and her father-in-law was, a very warm person. Rania is also the symbol of Jordan in the international media. She gains many things for her country with her stance. Anyway, after meeting her, I sighed to myself. If only my country had a symbol like that, I said to myself.
Turkish Daily News

Jordan's Queen Rania visits Istanbul
Friday, February 24, 2006

Queen Rania Al-Abdullah of Jordan visited a pre-school in Istanbul on Thursday to see a program being implemented there by the Mothers and Children Education Foundation (AÇEV).

Doğan Group and AÇEV invited the Jordanian queen to the city, a visit she began yesterday with an appearance on Suna Vidinli's “Reference Point” program on CNN-Türk.
The royal visitor and her 2-year-old son, Haşim, arrived the previous evening when her private jet landed at Istanbul's Atatürk International Airport around 7:15 pm. The official welcoming party included Istanbul Governor Muammer Güler's wife, Neval Güler, Deputy Governor Hasan Duran and Foreign Ministry representative Fazlı Keşmir.
Queen Rania Al-Abdullah has promoted the development of early education programs in Jordan and came to see the implementation of a similar Early Childhood Development (ECD) project.
The queen toured the pre-school program at the Çağlayan Primary School accompanied by school officials, AÇEV representatives and teachers.
“It is important that children develop in a secure and healthy environment,” said Queen Rania. “Early schooling is a key part of the first and most significant step towards building a strong and effective community.”
The queen earlier said that experiences during the crucial ages of birth to eight years begin the process of shaping who we will become as adults. “Our health, our values, our personal abilities, our social skills in making choices between what is right and what is wrong -- all have their roots in our earliest experiences,” she told a United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) mission to Jordan. Queen Rania earlier toured the Doğan TV Center with DTV Chairwoman Arzuhan Doğan Yalçındağ, CNN-TÜRK Broadcasting Director Ferhat Boratav, Kanal D News Group Director Mehmet Ali Birand and retired Ambassador Yalım Eralp. Afterwards the queen went to Esma Sultan Yalı on the Bosporus for a luncheon hosted by Yalçındağ. Turkish Daily News
Old 02-26-2006, 04:01 PM
Super Moderator

Queen Rania and Turkish youth deliberate dangers of current stereotypes and need for greater global understanding

Common global humanity, dangerous stereotypes and the need for greater understanding through human-to-human interaction were the focal areas of discussion between Queen Rania and a group of young Turkish men and women during a televised roundtable in Istanbul last week, entitled "Youth as a Bridge – Setting the Agenda for Dialogue". Rania Al Abdullah Queen of Jordan Official Web Site

Old 02-27-2006, 08:05 AM
Super Moderator

some more pics from the Turkish visit.
For an unofficial, two-day visit we've certainly seen a lot of pics!
Not that im complaining. It just makes choosing one for the poll that harder though.
From Abaca
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	465230.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	135.2 KB
ID:	230378   Click image for larger version

Name:	465232.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	121.0 KB
ID:	230379   Click image for larger version

Name:	465231.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	150.7 KB
ID:	230380  
Old 02-27-2006, 08:13 AM
Courtier

Humera thanx for posting the picture , forgive my ignorance but what is the event she in , are those children jordanins or Turkish ?
Old 02-27-2006, 08:24 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by houri
Humera thanx for posting the picture , forgive my ignorance but what is the event she in , are those children jordanins or Turkish ?
they're Turkish kids, dont you just love the little girl in the pink top?
she's so cute.
btw..the pic was taken at a Turkish primary school.
Old 02-27-2006, 08:27 AM
Courtier

Quote:
they're Turkish kids, dont you just love the little girl in the pink top?
she's so cute.
thanx for answering me , but I didn't know what is the event ? , and about the little girl in the pink top you right she is soooooo cute :p
Old 02-27-2006, 08:31 AM
Heir Apparent

houri, they're all from the Queen's visit to Turkey.
Old 02-27-2006, 08:39 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
houri, they're all from the Queen's visit to Turkey.
yes little star I do understand it is form Queen's visit to Turkey but I was wonder what kind of event it was because there are children in this event and I saw alot of pictures of the Queen with children in Jordan also so I am interst in what kind of events Queen Rania involved espcially when she visit another country .
Old 02-27-2006, 08:41 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
thanx for answering me , but I didn't know what is the event ? , and about the little girl in the pink top you right she is soooooo cute :p
sorry houri, i edited my message a few minutes ago and added a note that the event is the Queen's visit to a primary school.
That's why you see her crafting and glueing with the kids in some of the pics
Old 02-27-2006, 08:41 AM
Heir Apparent

The main aim of the visit was children's education, hence the visit to schools and all the pictures with children.
There were other activities obviously, but as this was the reason for the visit we've all got to look at pictures of some very cute kids!
Old 02-27-2006, 08:44 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I am interst in what kind of events Queen Rania involved espcially when she visit another country .
did you get a chance to read any of the articles?
They outline the reason for the Queen's visit.
She was invited by ACEV, an organization devoted to mothers and early childhood education, to take part in their conference.
Old 02-27-2006, 08:45 AM
Courtier

thanx for answering my question , I hope she will do more visits like this to another countries espcially africa it will be really intersting .

Quote:
did you get a chance to read any of the articles?
They outline the reason for the Queen's visit.
She was invited by ACEV, an organization devoted to mothers and early childhood education, to take part in their conference.
I don't know why I did think that the visit kinda of state visit , maybe because of the pictuers in the Mosque :o
Old 02-27-2006, 08:56 AM
Super Moderator

here are the pictures I promised of the various turkish newspapers. Its a first for me but I came across a great Turkish website which lists some great sources.

Source: Sabah, Star gazete, Takvim, Turkish Daily news, Turkiye, Vatan, Yenisafak

Quote:
I don't know why I did think that the visit kinda of state visit , maybe because of the pictuers in the Mosque :o
no it was an unofficial visit.
If im correct, the official visits to Turkey were in 2000 and 2004
Old 02-28-2006, 04:07 PM
Nobility

I wonder if Rania popped across the road to visit Aya Sofia as well? Did she try the famous doner kebabs while she was in Turkiye? :)