The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > King Abdullah and Queen Rania and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-10-2006, 09:11 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Malka
I hope she dresses up in the traditional saris, she would look gorgeous in it!
I'd love to see that too.
But I dont think we'll be seeing that on a working trip.

1. The Prime Minister, Dr. Manmohan Singh and the Queen of Jordan, Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah, at a luncheon meet organised in the queen’s honour, in New Delhi on March 10, 2006.

2. The Prime Minister, Dr. Manmohan Singh introducing senior officials to the Queen of Jordan, Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah, in New Delhi on March 10, 2006.
http://pmindia.nic.in
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GetPhoto1a.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	231957   Click image for larger version

Name:	GetPhoto1b.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	231958  

Old 03-11-2006, 02:35 AM
Courtier

I have to agree,she looks beautiful here,I haven't seen her look this good in a while.

Old 03-11-2006, 05:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Queen Rania-Al-Abdullah of Jordan visits the Kalwati Saran Children's Hospital in New Delhi, 11 March 2006. Queen Rania, a member of the UNICEF Global Leadership Initiative for Children, visited the hospital during her two-day working trip to India to encourage increased child immunization efforts

from getty
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	57056573.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	231967   Click image for larger version

Name:	57056558.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	231968   Click image for larger version

Name:	57056560.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	231969   Click image for larger version

Name:	57056570.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	231970  

Old 03-11-2006, 04:15 PM
Super Moderator

I believe Queen Rania is wearing a "dupatta" as a scarf in those last pictures!
She must've recieved it as a gift during her trip. This style of fabric is quite popular in Pakistan and I guess in India as well. I have a few of those in different colours myself and one that looks almost exactly like the Queen's. It was a gift from one of my aunts and its also got that multi-coloured/tie-dye effect like the one Rania is wearing. I cant remember the exact name of the fabric style but its kind of like chunri fabric. The cloth is all tied up for a certain period of time to give it that gathered look.
Its used both for dupattas (the scarves that are worn with the shalwar kameez) and even as trousers.
Old 03-11-2006, 04:24 PM
Nobility

It is similar in style to the Missoni skinny scarves
Old 03-11-2006, 04:28 PM
Super Moderator

More pictures from Day 1

Petra and Gettyimages

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	57058861.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	232021   Click image for larger version

Name:	57058879.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	232022   Click image for larger version

Name:	57058873.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	232023   Click image for larger version

Name:	57058874.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	232024  

Old 03-11-2006, 04:34 PM
Super Moderator

Pictures from today:
Getty images and Petra.

Queen Rania visits India; brings global challenges of access to education and children’s health to forefront

Office of Her Majesty, Press Department - New Delhi) Giving children a fair and healthy start in life and, hence, a more hopeful future, through the provision of health and educational services to all children, was the focus of Her Majesty Queen Rania Al-Abdullah's two-day trip to India, which began on Friday.

“Through no fault of their own, children in different countries have tragically divergent life chances… As a mother it pains me that so many children are disadvantaged at birth… Our responsibility must be to ensure that each and every child gets a fair and healthy start in life, ” says Queen Rania. Rania Al Abdullah Queen of Jordan Official Web Site

Queen Rania asserts that 21st century global leaders must place ‘people, humanity and peace at the heart of the world's agenda’

Addressing an audience of leaders, opinion shapers and policy makers from all around India, on Friday, Her Majesty Queen Rania Al-Abdullah spoke of Jordan and India’s shared spirit of optimism and openness, charging one of the world’s emerging economic powers with the responsibility towards a moral and just leadership in the 21st century.

Her Majesty's remarks came at the India Today Conclave, an annual forum in New Delhi, India, which encourages free and frank exchange of ideas among political leaders, Nobel laureates, policy makers, writers, and leaders in business. The fifth since its launch in 2002, this year's conclave is titled India Tomorrow 2006: Bridging the Divide. Rania Al Abdullah Queen of Jordan Official Web Site
Old 03-11-2006, 05:08 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Denmark
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamari
Rania's evening gown is likely from Rochas fw2005-06.
what evening gown??
Old 03-12-2006, 06:17 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – Jordan

Any full version of Queen Rania green dress?
Old 03-12-2006, 03:11 PM
Courtier

PPE

Old 03-12-2006, 03:14 PM
Courtier

PPE
Old 03-12-2006, 09:36 PM
Courtier

Beautiful pics of Queen Rania.

Beautiful pics of Queen Rania on her trip to India! She always looks so beautiful!:) I hope to see more pics of her from her trip! :)
Old 03-12-2006, 11:12 PM
Commoner

She looks gorgeous as usual :)
Old 03-12-2006, 11:53 PM
Aristocracy

She looks awesome...... as always..... Loved her outfits....
Old 03-13-2006, 01:15 AM
Heir Apparent

she very lovely and glorious as Majestic Queen
Old 03-13-2006, 06:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Thank you for all the pictures, I particularly liked the ones from her helping to vaccinate a child.

It's good to see her taking such an active role as UNICEF ambassador.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
I believe Queen Rania is wearing a "dupatta" as a scarf in those last pictures!
She must've recieved it as a gift during her trip. This style of fabric is quite popular in Pakistan and I guess in India as well. I have a few of those in different colours myself and one that looks almost exactly like the Queen's. It was a gift from one of my aunts and its also got that multi-coloured/tie-dye effect like the one Rania is wearing. I cant remember the exact name of the fabric style but its kind of like chunri fabric. The cloth is all tied up for a certain period of time to give it that gathered look.
Its used both for dupattas (the scarves that are worn with the shalwar kameez) and even as trousers.
I thought that too when I saw the pictures!
Old 03-13-2006, 03:47 PM
Nobility

Thanks for the pics !:) Beautiful Rania ... :)
Old 03-14-2006, 11:10 PM
Aristocracy

Does anyone know if Queen Rania works out daily. I know she runs, but i am curious if she works out everyday, a few days a week or not at all. She looks great and thin....Just wondering....... Merci......
Old 03-15-2006, 10:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Does anybody know if any of Rania's children accompanied her on the trip to India?
Old 03-16-2006, 08:41 AM
Courtier

Interview:Queen Rania Al-Abdullah By Raj Chengappa

March 20, 2006

Few women from the Arab world have captured world attention as Jordan's glamorous Queen Rania Al-Abdullah. With her stunning good looks, impeccable fashion sense and deep commitment to a progressive agenda, Rania, at a young 35, has emerged as the Middle East's outstanding spokesperson. Born in Kuwait to Palestinian parents (almost half the population in Jordan is of Palestinian origin), she graduated in business administration from the American University in Cairo. While working with Apple Computers in Amman, she met her husband, then prince Abdullah II, at a party and they married in 1993. Just before he died in 1999, King Hussein, Abdullah's father and the region's longest serving monarch, in a surprise move changed the line of succession. Instead of his younger brother Crown Prince Hassan, he designated Abdullah, making Rania the world's youngest queen. A mother of four, Rania balances her multiple roles with elan. She insists on driving her black Mercedes SUV herself through the streets of Amman. Before she flew in to address the India Today Conclave, Rania gave an exclusive interview to Managing Editor Raj Chengappa.

Excerpts here:

http://www.jordanembassyus.org/speech_hmqr03202006.htm

I took this link because the access to the concerned site of INDIA TODAY is limited to Magazine subscribers.