Queen Rania's visit to the US: September 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you Asturiana! Hope today photo agencies published some pics of her.

YALE UNIVERSITY: A Conversation With Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah of Jordan
YouTube - A Conversation With Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah of Jordan

Diane Sawyer Interviews Queen Rania of Jordan: Read Transcript - ABC News

Too this year photo agencies haven not many pics of this visit.

Queen Rania always has so much to say !! Did you know that Jordan is one of the most educated countries in the arab muslum world. Their level of education ratio is now the highest. The level of their schools and universities is also considered to be the highest in the arab world.
When I first saw the opening of the President, i really thaught the speech was going to be about education in the arab world or Jordan. Oh well peace for the palestinians is important as well, especially for Queen Rania, she is able to identify with most of her speech.She is the best spokesperson for defending and helping to find a solution to this long lasting problem.
It's funny how the President kept wanting to go back to "what about education?"

Thank you everybody for all the photos, articles and interviews.

i really enjoyed watching the Yale video, it is quite lengthy but if you have the time to spare it's well worth it. I thoght she covered all the major issues and I really liked the fact that she dealt with each issue quite carefully. It was quite well-rounded.

I haven't watched the Diane Swayer interview but read the transcript. There were quite a few interesting points and her explanation of the recent CP announcement was quite interesting imo. It's fascinating to learn the way that particular decision unfolded.

Thank you for the information.
I could not reconcile in my mind how a lady who is so involved in others' well being would leave her children with nannies.:ermm:
What do you think all the other Royal ladies do when undertaking national and international visits?

Hussein and Iman are both of an age now where they probably don't need nannies anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas (L) greets Queen Rania Al-Abdallah of Jordan during a ministerial breakfast hosted by the Commissioner-General of the United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA), during the 64th General Debate of the United Nations General Assembly at United Nations headquarters in New York, New York, USA on 24 September 2009.
Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3

I wonder if she met queen noor.
I think the king also must have attended

I wonder if she met queen noor.
I think the king also must have attended

The king has been in Saudi Arabia attending the opening of a major university there. Petra said he is now back in Jordan.

:previous: These are very lovely pictures, salma, thank you. It's nice to see Rania again doing some good work...

NEW YORK - SEPTEMBER 24: Former President Bill Clinton appears with Queen Rania Al-Abdullah of Jordan at the Clinton Global Initiative (CGI) on September 24, 2009 in New York City. The Fifth Annual Meeting of the Clinton Global Initiative (CGI) looks to gather prominent individuals in politics, business, science, academics and religion to discuss global issues such as climate change and peace in the Middle East. The event, founded by former president Bill Clinton after he left office, is held the same week as the General Assembly at the United Nations as most world leaders are in New York
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Apparently in the UN assembly, the Iranian President offended the audience in his speech, both Hillary Clinton and Carla Bruni left.
Would love to see Queen Rania's speech! did anyone find it in youtube?

Those Harlem schools look really good I think, I can't beleive they call them schools for the poor or less fortunate.. they should really look at schools in the thirld world countries !! the meaning of poor is taken to a much lower level, they mostly look like the country just got out of war or something!!

I saw the 6 minute segment on You Tube. The Queen seems like a very well infomed
poised woman with a lot of energy and plans. (Reminds me of Queen Noor)

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Queen Rania, she's a woman of an integrated nature and equivalent to the role of women in various areas
I hope to be in the role and position one day.

NEW YORK - SEPTEMBER 24: Former President Bill Clinton appears with Queen Rania Al-Abdullah of Jordan at the Clinton Global Initiative (CGI) on September 24, 2009 in New York City. The Fifth Annual Meeting of the Clinton Global Initiative (CGI) looks to gather prominent individuals in politics, business, science, academics and religion to discuss global issues such as climate change and peace in the Middle East. The event, founded by former president Bill Clinton after he left office, is held the same week as the General Assembly at the United Nations as most world leaders are in New York.
Photo from Getty Images - News, photos, topics, and quotes

ImageShack -

Queen Rania graces New York

Queen Rania, the wife of Jordan's monarch, King Abdullah II, attended the Clinton Global Initiative conference at the Sheraton Hotel on Thursday, September 24.

Queen Rania graces New York

Back
Top Bottom