Queen Rania's visit to the UK & U.S: May 13-19 , 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've never seen a BBC World or CNN story covering Rania's events in Jordan. Only when she is on foreign tours.
Hello Magazine covers her events, but it is hardly publicity.

I've never seen a BBC World or CNN story covering Rania's events in Jordan. Only when she is on foreign tours.

ive seen them and they were good. and she was inthe states to get award someone said?

u knw cnn in europe may not have but cnn in the states have i just though about that u can see anything from cnn usa kin europe or europe in american so lumutqueen ur prob right about cnn europe

She was at a reception at Microsoft campus honoring her as the recipient of the 2010 James C. Morgan Global Humanitarian Award.

Queen Rania of Jordan receives humanitarian award at Microsoft campus

thanks veram i bet rania shelf is staked with awards

Last edited by a moderator:

Local TV stations will show all Ranias activities. Foreign media stations show sleceted news from around the world. If Rania is in an event in the UK, CNN Europe or BBC will show it depending how important/how big it is.
The evvents Rania atteneds are important but to TV stations they probably want to show other things that is more suitable for their viewers.
This goes to all royal families and many other events. CNN doesnt cover news on royals in Europe or in the Gulf.

Hello Magazine covers a selected amount of her events not all.

wonderful photos. thanks huda. Do you know if Her Majesty was there to find fund or support for her distance learning and online education ideas?

The Queen's eyes are too sharp, may be it's her slim figure effect

You have raised a very good point twilightroyalty. Many people in Jordan are tired of her jetsetting lifestyle and these awards do nothing to help Jordan or its people but are about more publicity and self promotion for Rania.

I heartily agree with you, Yamamah. The Western media don't do a good job of critically reporting on Rania. If I were them, I would question Rania's increasingly international focus in recent years, with her doing almost as many public engagements in Western countries as she does in her own. And most of them involve her either receiving awards for various publicity campaigns (remember the FIFA award after just four or five months of work on the 1Goal campaign?) or participating in celebrity-like events with a large media presence. Now that she has a high international profile, she needs to use it for the benefit of (more) projects in Jordan, not Africa or the West.

Adamari western Media are not enough critical on Rania cause they just don't care and sometimes cause they don't know enough so they just follow the hello and hola magazines way of how glamours and all that silly bla bla bla...
there is no problem she want to be involved with international events and issues it's very good but i think her country should take the first place in her agenda you can notice that her duties outside is much more than in Jordan and as you said if she uses all that hype about her for doing more and more for Jordan will be more suitabe.
it have no sense she is involved about issues in Africa for example and she forgot that Jordan is a third-world country.

Shrifia I know that queen Rania has excessively been present in the western than in the eastern particulary in her country Jordan but sometimes i execuse her look how does the west label the Arabic woman for the western Arabic woman are nothing more than subjected vulnerable stripped from their freedom covered with veil and Abayah she as an international figure and a high profile personality across the world can break down the stereotypes and show the western that Arabic woman is nothing less than the western women she can be beautiful intelligent forwarded mind
if the queen remain restricted to the local activities then who will take the vital role of defining the Arabic woman to the west that queen Rania has taken over the last 11 years of her being a queen

Local TV stations will show all Ranias activities. Foreign media stations show sleceted news from around the world. If Rania is in an event in the UK, CNN Europe or BBC will show it depending how important/how big it is.
The evvents Rania atteneds are important but to TV stations they probably want to show other things that is more suitable for their viewers.
This goes to all royal families and many other events. CNN doesnt cover news on royals in Europe or in the Gulf.

Hello Magazine covers a selected amount of her events not all.

Really?
Well i've never seen any stories, news articles about her in the UK or USA. Even over this visit.
I don't know what you count as a big event though.

Twilightroyalty. There is no CNN in Europe, to me it'll be BBC. But I follow Rania a lot, and I have never seen a story posted about her from the CNN website, Hello! Magazine yes.

I disagree with this because Rania is not and nver has been a 'trailblazer' in the Arab world, other queens and women have done what she does and more.. Suzanne Mubarak is a high profile Arab woman who had an excellent career of her own, has done a lot for the Arab education system. Jehan Sadat - same, Rachida Dati in France, Nawal al Saadawi in Eygpt, Shirin Ebadi from Iran who is a Nobel prize winner, Hanan Ashrawi, Princess Rym al Ali before her marriage. There is a huge list of women who are real trailblazers for Arab and Muslim women. My small list does not include the scientists, ambassadors, actresses, writers, artists, politicians, doctors, university lecturers and other women who didn't get where they are through marriage but through hard work and who very often defied societ at very real risk to themselves to forward women's rights and who for many of them were Western educated and gave excellent examples of Arab or Muslim women who weren't oppressed and set a wonderful example of modern Arab or Muslim women and who didn't get the applause because they happened to marry a king's son. I am sorry but compared to these women, Rania's personal achievements are very small. So do I think these awards justify the jetsetting - no. I do not. Expand your knowledge of Arab women and see real women to be proud of, not someone who does high fashion and the celebrity lifestyle and who doesn't work hard to further human rights in her own country. If it sounds harsh to some people then sorry but marrying into royalty is not enough of a justification for me.

I can understand what you mean yamamah. I completely agree with your other examples. But Queen Raina is a part of this list as she is known world wide and even people who only cares about popular culture know her very well although they don't have any idea about your other examples. Unfortunately, people who don't have much intellectual interests don't search about successful people. They just look at figures that are served them directly by the media. and in my view her majesty has the ability to reach even these people in the streets of Europe and the US. As a person who studies abroad, I can easily feel that.

wingsofsky, I see what you mean about having popular appeal but to be fair some of this attention would have been given to her because she married into royalty but much of the public figure you see that is Rania is because she has a highly active PR team who constantly put out press releases that promote Rania without actually pointing to any concrete achievements. This is why every interview you see or read is just the same old lines being churned out time and time again. There is no information about her as a real woman because people are silenced, all real information is quashed and she can only be a 'free, westernised Arab woman' because she is wealthy, royal and from a middle class background. She sits on committees where other people have done all the work for her. Every speech she gives is written for her, every appearance is rehearsed to the last second, every question she gets is pre-planned, everything is done for her by other people and she just shows up to take the accolades. She isn't a stupid woman by any means but she certainly isn't the type of woman who would ever have had access to all these organisations unless the doors had been opened though being queen. Even as a Princess she wasn't renowned for doing anything outstanding or being a big human rights activist, this image has been carefully cultivated and it is a false image, propped up by sycophantic press and people who are impressed by 'royalty'. I would respect her more if she did really good service to her own people, much more than she does now and she could still do the international scene but not as much :bang:

Yamamah, thank you for this! When I first registered here, I said something similar about Rania, mainly pointing out that seeking publicity, spending huge amounts of money on personal wardrobe etc., and carrying herself around like a model/Hollywood actress doesn't persuade me. My post was deleted and I got a warning, so I never brought up this issue again. I still don't understand why I'm not allowed an opinion. I mean, she's a lovely, educated and modern woman, we always praise her fashion choices, beauty and humanitarian work. All I was trying to say was that for me - just an opinion - Rania could have been one of the people that could promote Jordan, but from a different position. She could be a successfull artist (actress, singer etc.) or model and do, for example, the same thing as Gisele did for Brazil etc. I'm sorry, being Queen isn't that way. She will never manage to reach people's hearts the way Q.Alia and Q.Noor did, for example. Particularly the latter, who served as a bridge between West & East. This is just the way I see things. I haven't offended anyone and I hope my post won't be deleted again. :flowers:

Yamamah, thank you for this! When I first registered here, I said something similar about Rania, mainly pointing out that seeking publicity, spending huge amounts of money on personal wardrobe etc., and carrying herself around like a model/Hollywood actress doesn't persuade me. My post was deleted and I got a warning, so I never brought up this issue again. I still don't understand why I'm not allowed an opinion. I mean, she's a lovely, educated and modern woman, we always praise her fashion choices, beauty and humanitarian work. All I was trying to say was that for me - just an opinion - Rania could have been one of the people that could promote Jordan, but from a different position. She could be a successfull artist (actress, singer etc.) or model and do, for example, the same thing as Gisele did for Brazil etc. I'm sorry, being Queen isn't that way. She will never manage to reach people's hearts the way Q.Alia and Q.Noor did, for example. Particularly the latter, who served as a bridge between West & East. This is just the way I see things. I haven't offended anyone and I hope my post won't be deleted again. :flowers:

Noormeanslight, it would be very wrong if your post was deleted as you have not said aything libellous or untrue and you are entitled to an opinion that others are free to disagree with if they choose. Let me tell you, this is a luxury that many people in Jordan do not have. So much for the human rights awards!

I know, and I totally understand all Jordanians and particularly all the Jordanian members here on the forum. :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom