The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > King Abdullah and Queen Rania and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-24-2010, 12:54 PM
Commoner

Shrifia I know that queen Rania has excessively been present in the western than in the eastern particulary in her country Jordan but sometimes i execuse her look how does the west label the Arabic woman for the western Arabic woman are nothing more than subjected vulnerable stripped from their freedom covered with veil and Abayah she as an international figure and a high profile personality across the world can break down the stereotypes and show the western that Arabic woman is nothing less than the western women she can be beautiful intelligent forwarded mind
if the queen remain restricted to the local activities then who will take the vital role of defining the Arabic woman to the west that queen Rania has taken over the last 11 years of her being a queen

Old 05-24-2010, 01:20 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Local TV stations will show all Ranias activities. Foreign media stations show sleceted news from around the world. If Rania is in an event in the UK, CNN Europe or BBC will show it depending how important/how big it is.
The evvents Rania atteneds are important but to TV stations they probably want to show other things that is more suitable for their viewers.
This goes to all royal families and many other events. CNN doesnt cover news on royals in Europe or in the Gulf.

Hello Magazine covers a selected amount of her events not all.
Really?
Well i've never seen any stories, news articles about her in the UK or USA. Even over this visit.
I don't know what you count as a big event though.

Twilightroyalty. There is no CNN in Europe, to me it'll be BBC. But I follow Rania a lot, and I have never seen a story posted about her from the CNN website, Hello! Magazine yes.

Old 05-24-2010, 03:03 PM
Courtier

I disagree with this because Rania is not and nver has been a 'trailblazer' in the Arab world, other queens and women have done what she does and more.. Suzanne Mubarak is a high profile Arab woman who had an excellent career of her own, has done a lot for the Arab education system. Jehan Sadat - same, Rachida Dati in France, Nawal al Saadawi in Eygpt, Shirin Ebadi from Iran who is a Nobel prize winner, Hanan Ashrawi, Princess Rym al Ali before her marriage. There is a huge list of women who are real trailblazers for Arab and Muslim women. My small list does not include the scientists, ambassadors, actresses, writers, artists, politicians, doctors, university lecturers and other women who didn't get where they are through marriage but through hard work and who very often defied societ at very real risk to themselves to forward women's rights and who for many of them were Western educated and gave excellent examples of Arab or Muslim women who weren't oppressed and set a wonderful example of modern Arab or Muslim women and who didn't get the applause because they happened to marry a king's son. I am sorry but compared to these women, Rania's personal achievements are very small. So do I think these awards justify the jetsetting - no. I do not. Expand your knowledge of Arab women and see real women to be proud of, not someone who does high fashion and the celebrity lifestyle and who doesn't work hard to further human rights in her own country. If it sounds harsh to some people then sorry but marrying into royalty is not enough of a justification for me.
Old 05-24-2010, 03:30 PM
Nobility

I can understand what you mean yamamah. I completely agree with your other examples. But Queen Raina is a part of this list as she is known world wide and even people who only cares about popular culture know her very well although they don't have any idea about your other examples. Unfortunately, people who don't have much intellectual interests don't search about successful people. They just look at figures that are served them directly by the media. and in my view her majesty has the ability to reach even these people in the streets of Europe and the US. As a person who studies abroad, I can easily feel that.
Old 05-24-2010, 03:43 PM
Courtier

wingsofsky, I see what you mean about having popular appeal but to be fair some of this attention would have been given to her because she married into royalty but much of the public figure you see that is Rania is because she has a highly active PR team who constantly put out press releases that promote Rania without actually pointing to any concrete achievements. This is why every interview you see or read is just the same old lines being churned out time and time again. There is no information about her as a real woman because people are silenced, all real information is quashed and she can only be a 'free, westernised Arab woman' because she is wealthy, royal and from a middle class background. She sits on committees where other people have done all the work for her. Every speech she gives is written for her, every appearance is rehearsed to the last second, every question she gets is pre-planned, everything is done for her by other people and she just shows up to take the accolades. She isn't a stupid woman by any means but she certainly isn't the type of woman who would ever have had access to all these organisations unless the doors had been opened though being queen. Even as a Princess she wasn't renowned for doing anything outstanding or being a big human rights activist, this image has been carefully cultivated and it is a false image, propped up by sycophantic press and people who are impressed by 'royalty'. I would respect her more if she did really good service to her own people, much more than she does now and she could still do the international scene but not as much
Old 05-24-2010, 03:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Thumbs up

Yamamah, thank you for this! When I first registered here, I said something similar about Rania, mainly pointing out that seeking publicity, spending huge amounts of money on personal wardrobe etc., and carrying herself around like a model/Hollywood actress doesn't persuade me. My post was deleted and I got a warning, so I never brought up this issue again. I still don't understand why I'm not allowed an opinion. I mean, she's a lovely, educated and modern woman, we always praise her fashion choices, beauty and humanitarian work. All I was trying to say was that for me - just an opinion - Rania could have been one of the people that could promote Jordan, but from a different position. She could be a successfull artist (actress, singer etc.) or model and do, for example, the same thing as Gisele did for Brazil etc. I'm sorry, being Queen isn't that way. She will never manage to reach people's hearts the way Q.Alia and Q.Noor did, for example. Particularly the latter, who served as a bridge between West & East. This is just the way I see things. I haven't offended anyone and I hope my post won't be deleted again.
Old 05-24-2010, 04:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
Yamamah, thank you for this! When I first registered here, I said something similar about Rania, mainly pointing out that seeking publicity, spending huge amounts of money on personal wardrobe etc., and carrying herself around like a model/Hollywood actress doesn't persuade me. My post was deleted and I got a warning, so I never brought up this issue again. I still don't understand why I'm not allowed an opinion. I mean, she's a lovely, educated and modern woman, we always praise her fashion choices, beauty and humanitarian work. All I was trying to say was that for me - just an opinion - Rania could have been one of the people that could promote Jordan, but from a different position. She could be a successfull artist (actress, singer etc.) or model and do, for example, the same thing as Gisele did for Brazil etc. I'm sorry, being Queen isn't that way. She will never manage to reach people's hearts the way Q.Alia and Q.Noor did, for example. Particularly the latter, who served as a bridge between West & East. This is just the way I see things. I haven't offended anyone and I hope my post won't be deleted again.
Noormeanslight, it would be very wrong if your post was deleted as you have not said aything libellous or untrue and you are entitled to an opinion that others are free to disagree with if they choose. Let me tell you, this is a luxury that many people in Jordan do not have. So much for the human rights awards!
Old 05-24-2010, 04:03 PM
Heir Apparent

I know, and I totally understand all Jordanians and particularly all the Jordanian members here on the forum.
Old 05-24-2010, 04:24 PM
Nobility

What about the half Jordanians???
Old 05-28-2010, 03:57 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Old 07-08-2010, 02:32 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative Jordan

ARK
Imageshack - ff7w.jpg