The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > King Abdullah and Queen Rania and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-21-2010, 06:19 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilightroyalty View Post
Well I think she needs to go back to jorddan and serve her people because she gets lets rumors of her being a diava and uncaring and it not good at all I hope she listens to her fans and people and go home and help her poor nation heck have the dinner in jordan maybe a tent dinner. She jet setting to much this always happens in the western media before a hard fall
You have raised a very good point twilightroyalty. Many people in Jordan are tired of her jetsetting lifestyle and these awards do nothing to help Jordan or its people but are about more publicity and self promotion for Rania. Human Rights awards to her and her husband are absurd considering the laws in Jordan which repress people and infringe on their rights. What a pity the West does not dig too deeply before such displays of sycophancy. If she and her husband had genuinely moved to reform Jordanian laws and society to make it a free and open place instead of secret police on every corner, phone tapping and repression, then perhaps I would applaud her but she and her husband do not.

Old 05-21-2010, 06:46 AM
Commoner

yes they look pretty much alike especially after princess letizia had a nose job they almost have the same profile look and the same slim figure

Old 05-21-2010, 08:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilightroyalty View Post
Well I think she needs to go back to jorddan and serve her people because she gets lets rumors of her being a diava and uncaring and it not good at all I hope she listens to her fans and people and go home and help her poor nation heck have the dinner in jordan maybe a tent dinner. She jet setting to much this always happens in the western media before a hard fall
you've made a very good points here twilightroyalty and I think you're right it's nice she try to put Jordan on the map in the world but I think that she exaggerate with all this silly events she attend she seems she spend all her time outside Jordan and she forgot that Jordan is a Third-world contry wich have alot of development issues that cant be solved by attending events with Uma Thurman and her other celebrities friends
all that cant have any real effect on situation in her contry IMO.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:02 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative - Morocco

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Very interesting seeing her back so soon in the Unites States. I wonder if she will have other events.

Here is a lovely picture from the event
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/8422/2011905969.jpg
the queen is actually in US? didn't know that i though that was from her last trip.
isn't too soon to go back on another visit?
Old 05-21-2010, 01:36 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mademoiselle Lilo View Post
the queen is actually in US? didn't know that i though that was from her last trip.
isn't too soon to go back on another visit?
The event took place Wednesday May 19, 2010.
It is quite soon, I was suprised to be back so soon.
Old 05-21-2010, 04:27 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrifia View Post
you've made a very good points here twilightroyalty and I think you're right it's nice she try to put Jordan on the map in the world but I think that she exaggerate with all this silly events she attend she seems she spend all her time outside Jordan and she forgot that Jordan is a Third-world contry wich have alot of development issues that cant be solved by attending events with Uma Thurman and her other celebrities friends
all that cant have any real effect on situation in her contry IMO.
i am not tryin to be jugemental i actually like Rania alot I just don't like the way this is going....how long before the press turns on her in the west you guyz know we do that. And dazzling what was she doing in the Us?
Old 05-21-2010, 04:48 PM
Nobility

You seem to have forgotten about her projects at home: Madrasati(My School), Family Consulting project and Jordan River Foundation, etc..... Also she visits different cities in Jordan for different causes, but her trips to foreign countries attract more attention, as international media is there for this increadibly beautiful woman, but they ignore her efforts at home or summerize it within a sentence: "She works hard in and out of her country to improve her people's life. "
Old 05-21-2010, 04:52 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsofsky View Post
You seem to have forgotten about her projects at home: Madrasati(My School), Family Consulting project and Jordan River Foundation, etc..... Also she visits different cities in Jordan for different causes, but her trips to foreign countries attract more attention, as international media is there for this increadibly beautiful woman, but they ignore her efforts at home or summerize it within a sentence: "She works hard in and our of her country to improve her people's life. "
The school project was good but she can get the international media to go to jordan unless she cant control them when their there and they get other shots then her charity and they leak but just my opinion like i said before not hating on rania just want ot c alittle more change in lving conditions on jordan
Old 05-21-2010, 05:05 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Rania does a lot for Jordan, but she has to visit other countries as well for different reasons. Royalty have visits to other countries all the time. I have never heard her called a Diva. Why would BBC World or CNN want to cover a story on Queen Rania's Madrasti?
Can she have a direct influence on the changes in Jordan. I don't think she can wave a magic wand.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:41 PM
Commoner

i think they would...... ive seen them cover other stories about her one about a school being build in jordan and another on women rights i think but we better get back topic dont want dazzling topic get us does anyone know why she was in the states
Old 05-21-2010, 05:55 PM
Courtier

She was at a reception at Microsoft campus honoring her as the recipient of the 2010 James C. Morgan Global Humanitarian Award.

Queen Rania of Jordan receives humanitarian award at Microsoft campus
Old 05-21-2010, 05:55 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I've never seen a BBC World or CNN story covering Rania's events in Jordan. Only when she is on foreign tours.
Hello Magazine covers her events, but it is hardly publicity.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:58 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
I've never seen a BBC World or CNN story covering Rania's events in Jordan. Only when she is on foreign tours.
ive seen them and they were good. and she was inthe states to get award someone said?

Quote:
u knw cnn in europe may not have but cnn in the states have i just though about that u can see anything from cnn usa kin europe or europe in american so lumutqueen ur prob right about cnn europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veram98 View Post
She was at a reception at Microsoft campus honoring her as the recipient of the 2010 James C. Morgan Global Humanitarian Award.

Queen Rania of Jordan receives humanitarian award at Microsoft campus
thanks veram i bet rania shelf is staked with awards
Old 05-23-2010, 02:00 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Local TV stations will show all Ranias activities. Foreign media stations show sleceted news from around the world. If Rania is in an event in the UK, CNN Europe or BBC will show it depending how important/how big it is.
The evvents Rania atteneds are important but to TV stations they probably want to show other things that is more suitable for their viewers.
This goes to all royal families and many other events. CNN doesnt cover news on royals in Europe or in the Gulf.

Hello Magazine covers a selected amount of her events not all.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veram98 View Post
Flickr Photo Download: I Love Queen Rania
Old 05-23-2010, 09:59 AM
Nobility

wonderful photos. thanks huda. Do you know if Her Majesty was there to find fund or support for her distance learning and online education ideas?
Old 05-23-2010, 11:13 AM
Commoner

The Queen's eyes are too sharp, may be it's her slim figure effect
Old 05-23-2010, 01:05 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamamah View Post
You have raised a very good point twilightroyalty. Many people in Jordan are tired of her jetsetting lifestyle and these awards do nothing to help Jordan or its people but are about more publicity and self promotion for Rania.
I heartily agree with you, Yamamah. The Western media don't do a good job of critically reporting on Rania. If I were them, I would question Rania's increasingly international focus in recent years, with her doing almost as many public engagements in Western countries as she does in her own. And most of them involve her either receiving awards for various publicity campaigns (remember the FIFA award after just four or five months of work on the 1Goal campaign?) or participating in celebrity-like events with a large media presence. Now that she has a high international profile, she needs to use it for the benefit of (more) projects in Jordan, not Africa or the West.
Old 05-23-2010, 02:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Adamari western Media are not enough critical on Rania cause they just don't care and sometimes cause they don't know enough so they just follow the hello and hola magazines way of how glamours and all that silly bla bla bla...
there is no problem she want to be involved with international events and issues it's very good but i think her country should take the first place in her agenda you can notice that her duties outside is much more than in Jordan and as you said if she uses all that hype about her for doing more and more for Jordan will be more suitabe.
it have no sense she is involved about issues in Africa for example and she forgot that Jordan is a third-world country.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:17 PM
Courtier

Exactly the same photos has been already posted in this thread, post 19 by me.