Queen Rania's Traffic Awareness Campaigns

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salma

Majesty , Royal Blogger , Picture of the Week
City
---
Country
Portugal
AMMAN, JORDAN: Queen Rania Al-Abdullah of Jordan (C) looks at a car that had been damaged in a car accident in Amman 25 April 2005, as she is launching a national Traffic Awareness Campaign. The one-year media campaign, with the slogans "Safer Roads for Jordan," kicked off concurrently with the national traffic safety e-curricula launched in public and private schools. AFP PHOTO/KHALIL MAZRAAWI (Photo credit should read KHALIL MAZRAAWI/AFP/Getty Images)

Attachments

• 52693069.jpg
    52693069.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 407
  • 52693073.jpg
    52693073.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 411
  • 52693082.jpg
    52693082.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 321
  • r1622833586.jpg
    r1622833586.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 407
  • r2242832383.jpg
    r2242832383.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 407
  • r2954505799.jpg
    r2954505799.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 444
Last edited by a moderator:
Is something wrong with Rania? I think she looks pretty different......Is it because she gain weight during the pregnancy?

You know I was thinking something was different. She seems a bit shiftless at the car wreck site. I just hope she is not trying to lose weight too fast. I really don't see anything wrong with her weight now. I wish she felt the same, if she doesn't.

Petra Pictures

Attachments

• 3100I copy.jpg
    3100I copy.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 399
  • 3101I copy.jpg
    3101I copy.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 434
  • 3102I.jpg
    3102I.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 371
She looks beautiful in the last Petra picture, the close-up. I think it's because she put on weight during her pregnancy and she looks much better with a little fullness in her face, before her skin looked stretch tight over her bones she had so little weight.

Yes, in did she look much better.

more pictures of Rania from two days ago

Attachments

• 3a.jpg
    3a.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 382
  • 3b.jpg
    3b.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 373
  • 3c.jpg
    3c.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 296
  • 3d.jpg
    3d.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 332
The King and Queen were back at work today, 3rd February 2008

They visited the victims of the Amman-Jerash accident

Perhaps the King should lay off the sweets!
More sweets?!

The kid's probably thinking "wow the king and queen shared my candy!"....
But I'm thinking...wow you're taking candy from sick kids...:rolleyes: lol

In Jordan/Arab world, we have a tradition of sharing candy when something good happens or if someone was sick and got well or someone was far away and came back, and when women give birth, etc.
In this case, they are sharing candy because Allah saved them and they were still alive and are getting well.

For those who are not aware of this accident.

AMMAN, Jan. 28 (Xinhua) -- The death toll from Saturday's traffic accident on a highway between the Jordanian capital of Amman and the northern city of Irbid rose to 22, The Jordan Times reported on Monday.
Death toll from Jordan bus accident rises to 22_English_Xinhua
We happen to know the guy Yassar khasawneh who lost 3 of his children and 2 are in critical condition. Queen Rania wrote an article in the newspapers about the accident and it had the name of Yassar's dauughter. May all those who passed away rest in peace and may those who are still in hospitals get well soon. Amen!

Arabs are very hospitable and generous people, the child would have probably been deeply insulted if either the King or Queen had refused their sweets.

The King and Queen were back at work today, 3rd February 2008

They visited the victims of the Amman-Jerash accident
Thanks for the pictures. It's good that they are back at work and had visit the children.

thank you for the explanations for the candy, but i was just joking around :flowers:

Their Majesties King Abdullah and Queen Rania on Sunday visited
four hospitals in Amman and Irbid to check on the condition of 16 people injured in a recent road accident.

PPE Agency

Kafa ("Enough") - Traffic Awareness Campaign

Queen Rania Launches "Enough" traffic awareness drive
pic 1 - -pic 2

Thanks for the photos. I think the traffic campaign has been running for a few years now.

AMMAN (JT) - Her Majesty Queen Rania on Tuesday highlighted youth unemployment and traffic accidents in the Kingdom, and urged for solutions to tackle these endemic problems.
“So that the unemployment rate in Jordan will not get any higher, we should create 80,000 work opportunities annually, that is, a job every seven minutes,” Queen Rania said yesterday during the Next Generation Conference (NGC), a gathering which examines solutions for common challenges facing youths in the Arab World.

Jordan Times

Queen Rania Lunches "Enough" traffic awareness drive
pic 1 - -pic 2

Does the traffic awareness program aim to reduce traffic related deaths/pedestrian deaths and accidents?

Does the traffic awareness program aim to reduce traffic related deaths/pedestrian deaths and accidents?

In this post by Little_star there is an article more about the campaign. It talks about the aim of saftey regulations and than talks about how many accidents & deaths happened. So overall the campaign is to reduce all sorts of accidents and teach people about saftey.

Queen Rania Launches "Enough" traffic awareness drive
pic 1 - -pic 2

Wow! Rania is so beautiful in second pic of ''Enough'' traffic awareness drive, her face is so beautiful, also I noticed her shoes , very elegant and feminine. She is perfect.

Jordan's Queen Rania leads people participating in a mass march in Amman May 9, 2008: yahoonews

I guess it depends on how well you can walk in heels- I've played basketball in mine!

Thanks for the photos, I had been thinknig that there must be some event coming up linked to KAFA becasue there have ben quite a few articles about it recently.

Pics from Abaca Press
Jordan's Queen Rania joins a march to say 'Kafa' or 'Enough' to road accidents in Amman, Jordan on May 9, 2008. The march is organised by Jordanian Police and local NGO to alert people on the huge toll of death and injured on Jordanian roads.
Abaca Press Americas Search Results

Back
Top Bottom