Queen Rania undergoes medical heart procedure: September 27, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rossina

Former Moderator
City
Country
India
Queen Rania Al Abdullah recuperates after procedure to correct irregular heart rhythm

Amman, Sep.27(Petra) Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah underwent a medical procedure in a New York hospital to correct an irregular heart rhythm, according to a statement issued Monday by the Royal Hashemite Court . The procedure is a catheterization through a vein to the heart. It is used to treat abnormal heart rhythms, or premature ventricular contractions (PVCs), which is a common condition. During the procedure, an electric current is used to stop the disturbance of electrical flow through the heart, thus restoring a healthy heart rhythm.

A Royal Court spokesperson said: "The procedure went very smoothly and Her Majesty is well and in good spirits. She will remain in hospital for two nights while she recuperates." Her Majesty is scheduled to return to Jordan later this week.

His Majesty King Abdullah II extended his working visit to the US to be with Her Majesty during the procedure. His Majesty, who was in New York to attend the UN General Assembly and MDG Summit, headed back home following the procedure. Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah is in New York accompanying His Majesty King Abdullah II on a working visit. Earlier in the week, she participated in a panel discussion at the Clinton Global Initiative (CGI) on empowering girls and women. She also handed a petition, signed by eighteen-million people from around the world, to UN Secretary-General, Ban Ki-Moon, urging world leaders to deliver education to more than 69 million children currently unable to go to school.
http://www.petra.gov.jo/Public_News/Nws_NewsDetails.aspx?Site_Id=1&lang=2&NewsID=7002&CatID=13

wow however common sounds like a risky procedure, glad she's doing well...this was rather unexpected.

Unexpected but glad she is doing well.

that is really freaking news, glad she is feeling well now.

my question is Has she had health problems before? like diabetes ?

that is really freaking news, glad she is feeling well now.

my question is Have she had health problems before? like diabetes ?
Why ???
There is no confirmed information about that Shaheen .. just the rumors.

Why ???
There is no confirmed information about that Shaheen .. just the rumors.

As you said, just rumors. But I guess that the heart problems did not start just a few days ago. And she looked sometimes unwell in the last weeks.
I wish her a speedy recovery.

Unexpected to say the least, hope she recovers soon.

The Jordanian website Aaram news reported that Queen Rania is suffering from diabetes.
Aaram.net -
يذكر ان الملكة رانيا تعاني منذ زمن من داء السكري، على ان هذا لم يمنعها من القيام بمسؤولياتها بقيادة حوالي 18 هيئة ومؤسسة اجتماعية وتعليمية في المملكة الهاشمية.

Last edited:
It just goes to show how little royal watchers know about the people they follow. Outwardly there is no sign that she is suffering from any health problems and with her healthy lifestyle and passion for exercise, she's one of the few people you would ever associate it with.

It just goes to show how little royal watchers know about the people they follow. Outwardly there is no sign that she is suffering from any health problems and with her healthy lifestyle and passion for exercise, she's one of the few people you would ever associate it with.
In case if you don't read Arabic I translated the article
Aram News ...this what a local news paper copied from another Arab newspaper in London, they say HM queen Rania suffers from Diabetes for 18 years.

Royals Health is something not shown clearly to public, people tend to ask when they don't know, not denying with no evidence

Aram News ...this what a local news paper copied from another Arab newspaper in London, they say HM queen Rania suffers from Diabetes for 18 years.

Royals Health is something not shown clearly to public, people tend to ask when they don't know, not denying with no evidence

It is true Shaheen. People in Jordan have always known about the diabetes even if it hasn't been openly reported in the Western Press. Arrythmia is common in diabetes patients and they are at heightened risk for other types of heart disease/disorder. I wish her a good and speed recovery.

what a scary news!!!
hope her safe and very quick recover i didn't know about her health problems although i suspected that she might have some given to several reasons.
hope to see her back soon.

No matter my opinion of her celebrity like attitude (or so as it appears to me much of the time), I wish her nothing but good health now and always. May Her Majesty recover well.

I wish the best for Queen Rania!!!

Aaram news deleted the Diabetes paragraph :ermm:

Aaram news deleted the Diabetes paragraph :ermm:

That she has diabetes was never confirmed by any credible source, but there have been a lot of rumors and speculations about it flying around in Jordan for many years. They can be true, but they also can be not true (like many other rumors about the JRF)

:ohmy:Bless her! Hope she gets better soon-diabetes is nothing to play around with and hopefully as she is in pretty good shape otherwise, this will be only a minor setback.

That she has diabetes was never confirmed by any credible source, but there have been a lot of rumors and speculations about it flying around in Jordan for many years. They can be true, but they also can be not true (like many other rumors about the JRF)
I agree with you, this was really the first time i read such news on the Jordanian news websites :ermm: the publisher of Aaram news is Naser al Majali .. he is a well known Journalist.
Hello
http://www.hellomagazine.com/celebrities-news-in-pics/27-09-2010/54775/

Last edited:
what would be the purpose of hiding something as simple as diabetes? i imagine if she had it she could turn it around into a public service using her own disease as an example to others with diabetes to encourage self-care...

seems to me such a procedure was probably planned in advance, i don't think the heart problems started just a few days ago...

Royal families around the world deny medical problems unless it gets to the point where it really is something that can not be hidden or the person involved could have terminal illness. It is usual for them to report on a procedure after it has taken place. I don't know why royal families do it, probably for privacy reasons but they all seem to. You must also remember that a disease may have implications if the heir to throne may have inherited a condition for example with the Romanovs and haemophilia.

I wish Her Majesty a full and speedy recovery and healthy life

Royal families around the world deny medical problems unless it gets to the point where it really is something that can not be hidden or the person involved could have terminal illness. It is usual for them to report on a procedure after it has taken place. I don't know why royal families do it, probably for privacy reasons but they all seem to. You must also remember that a disease may have implications if the heir to throne may have inherited a condition for example with the Romanovs and haemophilia.

There medical problems/history is not our concern, its something private they don't want everybody to know about & sometimes the individual prefers to keep it private. I respect that totally.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery for Queen Rania.

There medical problems/history is not our concern, its something private they don't want everybody to know about & sometimes the individual prefers to keep it private. I respect that totally.

Absolutely and they do go to great lengths to keep things private but if (and I use the word 'if' for those who perhaps don't like to think it true) Rania has diabetes, it is no big surprise and nothing out of the ordinary as many people in the Middle East have a predisposition to diabetes and also thalassaemia and both conditions are able to be managed very well with good care so the person involved can lead a normal life.

I know she'll get over as she must be in good hands. American doctors are supposed to be some of the best in the world... Nevertheless, I wish her luck and lots, lots of health. :heart:

This makes sense to me, the last sentence in particular. People will soon start worrying (or gossiping) about CP Hussein's health.

Back
Top Bottom