Queen Rania - romours about Cosmetic Surgery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shalu

Commoner
Hey everyone,

This is my first post but I've been reading the messages for awhile. Thanks for all the great pics. Anyway I had a question about QR- Does anyone know if she had cosmetic surgery of any kind? I was looking at early pics of her and they are sooooo different from the pics now. Her face has changed quite a bit... is this just natural as she has gotten older or due to changes in weight or do you think she had work done? If so, what kind of work?

Thanks.

Shalu.

0000297993-020.jpg

0000383669-016.jpg

The picture at the top is a very old one and QR was PREGNANT . So, naturally she looks different-hormones and stuff...
I don't think she has had any cosmetic surgery.

I agree, I think Rania has lost a lot of weight from when she first joined the royal family and it seems more like she's had a make over rather than cosmetic surgery. I noticed from the first picture to the second Rania has thinned her eyebrows a bit more, wears lighter coloured eyeshadow and her hair colour is different for example.

And of course times and fashion and makeup styles change, too, all to make us look better and younger even when we are older! :p

Thanks,

Yea, that's probably the case (weight loss, makeover) but I think I remember somewhere that she may have had her nose done right after her engagement but I'm not sure exactly where or if it was a reputable source. I remember seeing pics of Rania where her nose was wider than it is now. I'll see if I can find them.

Shalu.

Shame on you, Shalu, for spreading undocumented rumors about Queen Rania. Better watch out or "Queen" Julia and "The Community" will delete your messages.

Aisha,

I am NOT as you say, spreading rumors about QR... I am simply asking your opinions about something I had heard. If you do not wish to contribute, that's fine but I am in no way alleging that she had any plastic surgery but just find it interesting how much she has transformed herself... be it thru weight loss, makeup, hair OR if you are so inclined to believe, surgery. That's all.

I myself did write that I do not know that it was a reputable source that claimed this and had hoped that we are all mature enough to realize that as well as the fact that QR herself is human and if she feels that she wanted to change herself for whatever reason, it's her choice and not for us to make character judgements.

Anyway, I don't want to get off to a bad start so I'm sorry if any of my posts offended anyone. Also, I'm new to this board so if you could please inform me who is "Queen Julia" is, that would be great.

Shalu.

Shalu,

I also wondered about whether Rania had anything done to her face b/c she looks so different even from when she first became queen. So I've looked at old pictures and more recent pictures of her and what I think happened is that she has so much more money to spend on the right clothes, make-up and hair. She's also lost A LOT of weight. In Amman for a while they thought she was anorexic--I think it must be really difficult to be in front of the camera being judged by everyone so I think she felt like she had to loose an immense amount of weight even thought she had a perfect figure when she first became queen.

Also you have to remember is that now she has A LOT more money to spend on clothes and the best hair and make-up. When she was a princess their income was limited unlike now. I'm sure you can agree w/ me that the right out fit, hair and make-up can transform even the less attractive--look at Celin Dion for instance. Luckily for Rania is that she's very attractive to begin with.

I'm really happy that you asked that question b/c I've been wanting to discuss it w/ someone.

Nicole

I'm not sure about VERY pretty to begin with....but she's certainly very pretty now and that's because of the designer clothing and top hair-stylists and make-up artists.
Queen Rania is certainly thin and I must admit that when I saw pictures of her when she was in Italy receiving an award a few months ago, she looked very worryingly skinny....though she looks a lot healthier now.

Aisha,

we all know what kind of lies , and I won't add more, u were trying to spread, I just wonder why and who are u.

Actually, it's a valid question as it has been rumored that like Queen Noor, that Queen Raina had gotten a nose job.

Queen Noor not only has gotten a nose job but she also has had and continues to have work done on her lips.

I'm glad you brought up the subject of Queen Noor's lips -- I saw her on Larry King and couldn't stop staring. Her lips look so weird! She is such a beautiful woman and she's started to have the unreal look of Melanie Griffith.

Yea, I'd say Rania and Noor both had nose jobs. Doesn't make them bad people...just two women who wanted to have more photogenic noses. I think even the most average nose can look too big when you see it on the cover of a magazine.

Noses I can understand. The lips just look odd.

Aisha, she was just stating her opinion. Its up to you, and the rest of us!, to belive it or not

I think there is a picture somewhere on this board of Rania pre marriage. It does look like her nose was thinned a little bit, just like Noor's was. They both had great surgeons--I'd love to know who did it in case I get some!

This story's two years old and I dont know if it's been discussed on this forum before, but i just had to post this article:

Jeweller to make gold shoes fit for a queen

An Indian jeweller has been hired to make golden shoes for Jordan's Queen Rania Al-Abdullah.

The Calcutta jeweller, who wants to remain anonymous, has been asked to make two pairs of 22 carat gold shoes.

Each pair will weigh 750 grams and will be embellished with diamonds and topaz.

The Bengali daily newspaper Anandabazar Patrika reports the jeweller said: "The queen used to get her shoes designed in Peshawar but they were not made of pure gold, only gold threads were used on the leather.

"The shoes she wants now will be made from pure gold without leather or foam."

The newspaper says Jordanian officials had reportedly paid an advance of £34,468 for the job and the remainder, "a substantial amount of money", will be paid after delivery.

The jeweller says he has imported three kilograms of gold from London to be used in the making of the shoes over the next two months.

Story filed: 18:19 Thursday 20th December 2001 (Ananova)

what i dont get is why she would indulge in something so frivolous
I've read interviews in which she's said that it didnt make sense for her to buy a new tiara when she was only going to wear it a few times and could just borrow it from her sister-in-law.
I personally haven't seen her wearing these gold shoes.
I was wondering if some of you know whether this story's true or not.
If it is, i personally would've preferred her buying a new tiara..atleast its useful on state visits and other such occasions.

I've never heard of this story before. I'd be surprised if it were true. Why would she borrow a tiara for the coronation and buy gold shoes later on? It doesn't make any sense to me. :unsure:

Originally posted by Sean.~@Nov 24th, 2003 - 2:58 am
It would also look odd to have the Queen of a poor, third world country decked out in a diamond tiara at official events within Jordan. I think it would result in some resentment.
i think having two pairs of gold shoes studded with diamonds is just as odd and more importantly, incredibly frivolous.
I mean, i get the whole expensive clothes and everything because she's a queen and she's supposed to dress like that, but this gold shoes thing sounds too wierd to me.
I guess she's entitled to her little whims once in a while, she is a queen after all.
Besides, i've never seen her decked out in outrageously expensive jewellery like the women of many other royal families.

I dont agree with you about the jewellery. I've seen hundreds of pictures of Rania and her jewellery pieces are usually smaller necklaces or earings. I've never seen her wear huge diamond necklaces or bracelets or broches. Nothing like what Princess Diana had for sure. Rania wore the same little necklace and earings set on two different occasions during her last trip to the US for example.
Maybe she only likes simple jewellery or maybe she just doesnt want to raise too many eyebrows, but i've always thought of her as a woman who prefer simplicity and elegance over drama.
Im a girl who loves jewellery and I always pay attention to what Rania wears and im pretty sure that she doesnt over-indulge in jewellery. Sure, she has some expensive pieces but they are by no means substantial. And its not like she has a new piece at every other social occasion. Most of the time, she just has her wedding ring on and maybe a pair of simple earings.
Some of the women i know seem to have a bigger jewellery collection than Rania does! If you've ever seen a typical Pakistani bride's jewellery trousseau, Rania wont seem so bad. ;)

by the way, i dont live in the Middle East so i dont know exactly how Rania is perceived by the people of Jordan. I once read an article that said the Queen Noor was once blamed for her expensive taste in clothes..so i dont exactly know what to believe. Im sure various groups of people have their own reasons for criticizing Rania, or Noor for that matter.
I admit that Rania could manage to reduce her spending on expensive clothes but i also think that her image is important in terms of PR.
The West has ambivalent feelings about muslims and the Middle East. Women like Rania, however, are received here and not looked upon with suspicion.
If her image draws good attention to her country and the region then thats good.

This story simply shows the difference between what somebody can say and what somebody can do. :(
The other thing is that in democratic countries, the royal families' expenditures are strongly supervised by the parliament and the press. Such a thing couldn't happen anymore in European countries, and you can be sure Princess Mathilde would very disputed in Belgium if she was wearing such expensives designers' clothes. That's why Rania is the only Queen in the world who take herself for a showbizz star: she is the only one allowed to spend so much money.

Well I do agree Sean that her pieces may be expensive, but they are simple. If the whole superstar thing is part of her image, atleast she's not going all out like many Hollywood actresses. I certainly haven't seen her wearing the elaborate pieces like huge chandelier earings (well not yet anyway) that are so popular nowadays.
I suppose its always controversial when a woman like Rania spends so much money on clothes and stuff. I remember when Diana was alive she was criticized for the size of her wardrobe a lot, although she did recycle her outifts.
I do admit i've never seen Rania wearing the same outfit twice. I've seen Queen Noor do so as well as other royal ladies.
I guess Rania's taking full advantage of her privileged position as a queen. I dont remember her getting so much attention as a princess.

I do wish that I knew what exactly the gold shoes were for...she certainly seems to have hidden them well. I haven't seen a single picture of them.

one thing I forgot to add is that I wonder if we're all getting the whole picture here.
Something that's been mentioned on this forum before is the possibility that Rania gets many of her things simply given to her by design houses. I mean, designers do seem to love her. She's been pictured with Jean Paul Gautier and Armani, who recently called her the most alluring woman in the world. So im quite sure that designers give her things to wear like they do to most hollywood celebrities.
Couldn't the same be said for jewellery or shoes?

Back to the gold shoes for a moment ... I've never seen Queen Rania's gold shoes, but there was a formal family portrait around the time Salma was one or almost a year old in which the little baby was sporting gold shoes ... Perhaps they were made from the remnants of her mother's shoes?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom