Queen Rania - romours about Cosmetic Surgery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It does depend on the circumstances. I remember the outcry when Nancy Reagan spent several $100,000 which was private raised, on new Presidential china. But I think it was well worth it--it doesn't look so well that the US doesn't have a full set of china for large dinners.

Originally posted by Bubbette@Jul 5th, 2004 - 10:10 pm
It does depend on the circumstances. I remember the outcry when Nancy Reagan spent several $100,000 which was private raised, on new Presidential china. But I think it was well worth it--it doesn't look so well that the US doesn't have a full set of china for large dinners.
True...But Jordan is not US by all means :wacko:

I think the overall issue is on Rania's lavish lifestyle in general, not only the china. I once heard of her spending $33,000 USD a night for a hotel ( source:Travel Channel).

sorry ... I haven't read the whole thread.

does rania "really" have gold shoes ?

I actually saw on VH1 a mention about Rania staying at one of the best and most expensive hotels - I can't remember if it was in Seattle or where it was - but it's really huge and she stays there whenever she is in that city.....

As for the silverware.. I knew about the silverware, but I thought the watches that were stolen did not belong to her, but were just in the same place as the silverware... did the Womens watches belong to her? If so then they must have stolen at least $1 Million Dollars worth of merchandise....

I heard (not sure though) that Shah of Iran used to have a Gold toilet..
So having Gold shoes should not surprise us (heheheheh)..

if all this is true, it is :yuk:

Originally posted by Humble@Jul 6th, 2004 - 4:07 am
I heard (not sure though) that Shah of Iran used to have a Gold toilet..
So having Gold shoes should not surprise us (heheheheh)..

if all this is true, it is :yuk:
it's quite true,I've seen this golden toilet myself

Didn't the Sultan of Brunei's brother have gold door knobs and toilet seats which had to be auctioned?

There are also numerous more examples of Rania (and Abdullah's) lavish spending and lifestyle, including how they often fly a famous celebrity hair stylist from L.A. to state visits with them to do their hair, or how once they flew him to the palace in Jordan to cut Abdullah's hair. I know that Jennifer Lopez also flew her favourite hair stylist for her second wedding to Cris Judd, but let's be honest: Jennifer Lopez is not married to or the head of a very poor country. She is a singer/actress/designer, etc. who makes millions of dollars for herself. Her job is to entertain the masses, not to serve the people of a very poor country.

Alisa, you're right that the issue isn't specifically the cost of the silverware, or that Rania bought half a million dollar's worth of silverware, but in general the pure excess of Rania and Abdullah's spending.

I am afraid with the rate of their spending habits, some sort of revolt might happen in the future.

Famous people fly in hairstylists all the time.... Mariah Carey would fly people into wherever she was just to color her hair.... but it's true - Rania and Abdullah are not stars... somewhere on one of the threads, someone mentioned that as Princess, Rania did not live lavishly... they did live above normal standards, like very wealthy Jordanians - but it is doubtful KH would have put up with the lavish lifestyle they live now - had they lived it then.....
QR claims she doesn't think much about what she wears, that she doesn't spend time thinking on what to wear, doesn't wear much makeup - because she says she doesn't have time to - and that she's really pretty simple in her tastes.. ;)
I think it all goes beyond hotels, hairstylists, stylists, couture, etc... it seems disrespectful to poor Jordanians when the Queen walks into poor areas in her $500 dollar stillettos and they barely have running water... She once said she would listen to the voice of the people, let the Jordanian people lead her to what they need... more propaganda?
I recently read about at a football game about 2 years ago - KA attended and people began chanting 'divorce her'.... is that how Jordanians really feel about her?
And doesn't it make him look foolish and manipulated when she spends and spends and he seems totally ok with that while he talks about being in 'solidarity' with his people?
We can go on and on about their expensive habits... such as stores being closed so Rania could shop..... I wonder how many Jordanians could have used the money she spent......

Originally posted by pepep@Jul 4th, 2004 - 6:46 pm
:lol: I don’t know why Rania needs silverware for $772,000, she doesn’t know how to use it. As refugee she use to eat with her fingers. :lol:
That's below the belt. I'm not a fan of Rania's but that's pretty rude.

Originally posted by nicole+Jul 6th, 2004 - 8:17 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nicole @ Jul 6th, 2004 - 8:17 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-pepep@Jul 4th, 2004 - 6:46 pm
:lol: I don’t know why Rania needs silverware for $772,000, she doesn’t know how to use it. As refugee she use to eat with her fingers. :lol:
That's below the belt. I'm not a fan of Rania's but that's pretty rude. [/b][/quote]
I agree with you nicole. I'm certainly not a big fan of Rania's but that's a totally rude and unnecessary comment.

And here I thought that we might be able to have an intelligent discussion with a knowlegeable exchange of ideas and opinons.

:shock:

it was always Rania's dream going down Rodeo drive and throwing money at people, and not having to worry about anything. And then saying to someone in a Chanel store on the strip "do you work on commission?? Big mistake..*holds up bags* HUGE...I have to go shopping now!" :sick: :king: :woot: :hardhead:

Originally posted by Genevieve+Jul 6th, 2004 - 7:51 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Genevieve @ Jul 6th, 2004 - 7:51 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by nicole@Jul 6th, 2004 - 8:17 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-pepep
@Jul 4th, 2004 - 6:46 pm

That's below the belt. I'm not a fan of Rania's but that's pretty rude.
I agree with you nicole. I'm certainly not a big fan of Rania's but that's a totally rude and unnecessary comment.

And here I thought that we might be able to have an intelligent discussion with a knowlegeable exchange of ideas and opinons.

:shock: [/b][/quote]
As rude as the comment was, pepep wasn't lying.

I ignored the comment because I thought it was nasty and rude... not all refugees are so poor they've never seen silverware - many are educated and classy, just displaced... But Rania has never known poverty - no matter how 'humble' a background she came from - she always lived well.. Palestinians may be refugees, but she has never known their hardships.

but I've read somewhere that her family was wealthy...her father was a well known doctor or something..

Originally posted by QueenB@Jul 6th, 2004 - 8:12 pm
I ignored the comment because I thought it was nasty and rude... not all refugees are so poor they've never seen silverware - many are educated and classy, just displaced... But Rania has never known poverty - no matter how 'humble' a background she came from - she always lived well.. Palestinians may be refugees, but she has never known their hardships.
Totally Agree...

In fact, her father worked in the medical field (he was either an MD or pharmacist)...She was educated in the English speaking school of Kuwait and got her Bachelor in Business Administration from the American University of Cairo which is a private University.

Can anyone guess or estimate the amount of $$ that QRania spent since she became queen?

Is it in millions, billions... or I think i am just exzagerating!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom