The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2004, 12:05 AM
Aristocracy

The thread on fashions is a good idea! Would it be fashion in general or the wide ranging royal fashions?

Old 07-02-2004, 12:09 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally posted by bluetortuga+Jul 1st, 2004 - 9:52 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bluetortuga @ Jul 1st, 2004 - 9:52 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Josefine@Jul 1st, 2004 - 8:55 am
anything to add on this thread
How about changing the title to Rania&#39;s &#036;627,000 silverware? [/b][/quote]
Actually, it&#39;s euros. Even worse.

Old 07-02-2004, 12:12 AM
Aristocracy

alia_musallam, what kind of power are QR&#39;s mother and brother weilding?
Old 07-02-2004, 10:58 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally posted by papillon+Jul 2nd, 2004 - 5:09 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (papillon @ Jul 2nd, 2004 - 5:09 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by bluetortuga@Jul 1st, 2004 - 9:52 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-Josefine
Quote:
@Jul 1st, 2004 - 8:55 am

How about changing the title to Rania&#39;s &#036;627,000 silverware?
Actually, it&#39;s euros. Even worse. [/b][/quote]
Paid by us.
Old 07-02-2004, 01:38 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally posted by pepep+Jul 2nd, 2004 - 8:58 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (pepep @ Jul 2nd, 2004 - 8:58 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by papillon@Jul 2nd, 2004 - 5:09 am
Quote:
Originally posted by bluetortuga@Jul 1st, 2004 - 9:52 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-Josefine
Quote:
Quote:
@Jul 1st, 2004 - 8:55 am

How about changing the title to Rania&#39;s &#036;627,000 silverware?

Actually, it&#39;s euros. Even worse.
Paid by us. [/b][/quote]
For someone who doesn&#39;t even appear to eat. Maybe each of us should send QR a paper napkin to go with the tableware so she gets the message that we know how she spends our money. Sort of a gesture of civic protest.
Old 07-02-2004, 01:48 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by ~*~Humera~*~@Nov 24th, 2003 - 3:00 am
what i dont get is why she would indulge in something so frivolous
I&#39;ve read interviews in which she&#39;s said that it didnt make sense for her to buy a new tiara when she was only going to wear it a few times and could just borrow it from her sister-in-law.
I personally haven&#39;t seen her wearing these gold shoes.
I was wondering if some of you know whether this story&#39;s true or not.
If it is, i personally would&#39;ve preferred her buying a new tiara..atleast its useful on state visits and other such occasions.
This can&#39;t possibly be true, it sounds preposterous. Wild stories like this go on in the middle east all the time. She is not the first royal they have spread wild rumors about.
"Many of us experience daily life becoming ever more hectic. This may be a good reason to stop a bit - and think about if what one spends time on is in fact how one really wants to spend it," Crown Prince Haakon of Norway
Old 07-02-2004, 01:57 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by Angel S.+Jul 2nd, 2004 - 11:48 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Angel S. @ Jul 2nd, 2004 - 11:48 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-~*~Humera~*~@Nov 24th, 2003 - 3:00 am
what i dont get is why she would indulge in something so frivolous
I&#39;ve read interviews in which she&#39;s said that it didnt make sense for her to buy a new tiara when she was only going to wear it a few times and could just borrow it from her sister-in-law.
I personally haven&#39;t seen her wearing these gold shoes.
I was wondering if some of you know whether this story&#39;s true or not.
If it is, i personally would&#39;ve preferred her buying a new tiara..atleast its useful on state visits and other such occasions.
This can&#39;t possibly be true, it sounds preposterous. Wild stories like this go on in the middle east all the time. She is not the first royal they have spread wild rumors about. [/b][/quote]
Who knows if it&#39;s true. But I&#39;m with you--some of the things said about some royals need to be taken with a more than a grain of salt. Skepticism is a good thing in this case.
Old 07-02-2004, 01:58 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by chanel@Jan 15th, 2004 - 1:25 am
I think Rania is a wonderful woman. Truley beautiful and her people love her. HOWEVER, she really can&#39;t seem to stop shopping. I love to shop myself, but, if I were a Queen, Princess or anything of rank representing a country of people, I sure wouldn&#39;t be spending money/shopping the way she does.... Matte-Marit and Maxima are both the same way&#33; Nothing against these wemon however, I just think that there could be other things that they could be doing rahter than spending money and money&#33;&#33;&#33;

MG does she have some handbags&#33;
Mette-Marit??? Are you kidding me? The woman is constantly criticized for being too common in her dress, if she is shopping more now it might be because she&#39;s sick of hearing people say she dresses like a soccer mom.
"Many of us experience daily life becoming ever more hectic. This may be a good reason to stop a bit - and think about if what one spends time on is in fact how one really wants to spend it," Crown Prince Haakon of Norway
Old 07-02-2004, 02:08 PM
Courtier

Don&#39;t get it either. How can you compare Mette-Marit to Rania?
Old 07-02-2004, 03:30 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by Angel S.@Jul 2nd, 2004 - 11:48 am
This can&#39;t possibly be true, it sounds preposterous. Wild stories like this go on in the middle east all the time. She is not the first royal they have spread wild rumors about.
I didnt get the story from the arab media, it was a british source. Besides, there&#39;s no way anyone can outright deny it. Hollywood stars have been known to wear diamond shoes worth millions, so why not gold shoes. I saw a pair of gold sandals on tv a couple of weeks ago. Anyway, i&#39;ve said all i need to on this topic, or perhaps you didnt notice the heated arguments on the previous 10 pages.
Old 07-02-2004, 09:12 PM
Aristocracy

I agree.. Mette Marit actually needs to go shopping....
Even if Maxima does spend a lot of money on clothing - I read that she and her husband belong to the richest royal house in Europe and that&#39;s money that&#39;s come from their own private investments.... or so I read...
The point is for someone like QR to spend and spend - then give speeches in the US and Europe about the needs of Jordan and why investing in Jordan&#39;s economy will benefit the region - is absurd... I too read the &#39;tiara&#39; interview - but didn&#39;t she finally get her own tiaras? Don&#39;t know if the gold shoes story is true - who knows especially after the story of the over &#036;600,000 silverware..... if she was married to a rich man who could actually afford her whims - fine, do whatever you want, spend away.... but when you and your husband are constantly begging for aid... c&#39;mon..
Old 07-02-2004, 09:15 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally posted by QueenB@Jul 2nd, 2004 - 7:12 pm
The point is for someone like QR to spend and spend - then give speeches in the US and Europe about the needs of Jordan and why investing in Jordan&#39;s economy will benefit the region - is absurd... I too read the &#39;tiara&#39; interview - but didn&#39;t she finally get her own tiaras? Don&#39;t know if the gold shoes story is true - who knows especially after the story of the over &#036;600,000 silverware..... if she was married to a rich man who could actually afford her whims - fine, do whatever you want, spend away.... but when you and your husband are constantly begging for aid... c&#39;mon..
Yes, and there&#39;s also the high contrast between the opulence in which KA and QR live and the abject poverty of most of the people in their country. It&#39;s obscene to me.
Old 07-02-2004, 09:41 PM
Commoner

Guys, it was 627,000 euros (&#036;772,000)
Old 07-02-2004, 09:42 PM
Aristocracy

Papillon: about the Jordan Times/Petra articles... can&#39;t remember which board we mentioned on - too many boards - so confused ...... but the funniest articles are the ones that start of "and under the wise leadership of HM KA" or thanks to the wisdom and guidance of KA... or under the patronage and thanks to the initiative..... blah blah..... just a lot of crock..... I don&#39;t bother to read any of their articles..... I just look at the pictures now.....
Notice no mention of the stolen silverware on Jordan Times/Petra......
Old 07-02-2004, 09:43 PM
Aristocracy

thanks for clarifying it pepep.... btw... there&#39;s another thread that mentions what I was saying about the Time Magazine mention of QR... It was started by Zento....
Old 07-02-2004, 09:58 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally posted by QueenB@Jul 2nd, 2004 - 7:42 pm
Papillon: about the Jordan Times/Petra articles... can&#39;t remember which board we mentioned on - too many boards - so confused ...... but the funniest articles are the ones that start of "and under the wise leadership of HM KA" or thanks to the wisdom and guidance of KA... or under the patronage and thanks to the initiative..... blah blah..... just a lot of crock..... I don&#39;t bother to read any of their articles..... I just look at the pictures now.....
Yes, it&#39;s true. Mind you, though, there is no freedom of the press in Jordan, so the local newspapers are more or less publicity machines for the JRF. I still read some of the articles, even though I know they are spun in favor of the JRF, if only to understand what it is the local people are being fed. It helps me understand some of the reasons some of them are not so fond of the West. I find it both funny and sad, though ultimately more sad than funny.

Good point about the tableware. You are so perceptive, Queenie. Hey, what if a Jordanian stole it? How will it ever be recovered if the local people don&#39;t know to be on the lookout for some really nice flatware with JRF crests engraved on the handles? Maybe we should write a letter to the editor to "help" QR find her missing 1,000 knives, forks, and spoons.
Old 07-02-2004, 09:58 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally posted by QueenB@Jul 3rd, 2004 - 2:42 am
That is a big surprised to me. :P
Old 07-04-2004, 05:19 PM
Commoner

I thought I&#39;d post the article about the silverware--which costs 2,000,000 Danish kroner--that&#39;s TWO MILLION&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

I&#39;m sorry but that is just plain wrong. The more I read about the queen&#39;s frivilnous the more I loose respect for her--which is SO disapointing&#33;

Tableware destined for Jordanian Queen filched in Denmark

COPENHAGEN (AFP) - Around a thousand pieces of tableware and
silverware specially made in Denmark for Queen Rania of Jordan have
been stolen in Copenhagen, police said.

Designed by Danish goldsmith company Georg Jensen, the pieces were
taken from the Royal Scandinavia factory at the weekend, just before
they were to be shipped to the royal palace in Amman.

The thieves appeared to know the layout of the factory, and
circumvented security without any obvious problems, which has led
police to believe the robbery could have been an inside job.

But police also think that the bounty will be impossible to sell
without detection, given that the pieces have all been inscribed
with the Jordanian royal monogram and crown.

Since they were left undisturbed, the thieves also took the time to
filch 400 ladies&#39; watches, also designed by Georg Jensen.

The total value of the stolen goods is estimated at five million
Danish kroner (627.000 euros), of which about 2 million are
silverware.
Old 07-04-2004, 06:25 PM
Commoner

This almost sounds like an exaggerated story planted to make the Jordanian royal family look bad. It&#39;s too outrageous. Story is 2 years ago. Has anyone actually seen the shoes?
Old 07-04-2004, 06:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by Gobsmacked@Jul 4th, 2004 - 10:25 pm
This almost sounds like an exaggerated story planted to make the Jordanian royal family look bad. It&#39;s too outrageous. Story is 2 years ago. Has anyone actually seen the shoes?
There&#39;s a pic on page 11.

Closed Thread