The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2004, 10:12 PM
Super Moderator

Its a little odd to have Rania on a list like that when she's only really been a queen for about five years. She hasn't really had a chance to do that much I think. But a list like that isn't that significant in my opinion anyway. Still, good for her!

Old 04-20-2004, 10:42 PM
Gentry

The reason she is on that list is because she is the first arab woman to make herself so very well-known in the West. All of the other wives stand behind their husbands, she stands beside hers.

I do not agree with some of the things that she apparently spends lots of money on, even though i do think that is the family money, not aid money... but her business is to make money for jordan by selling a product, that product is herself, therefore it is impt that she gets maximum exposure in countries that have aid to give, they look good, she looks good... its all about image management

and they are doing it for our country. jordanians should be proud.

Old 04-20-2004, 10:54 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally posted by alia_musallam@Apr 21st, 2004 - 10:42 am
The reason she is on that list is because she is the first arab woman to make herself so very well-known in the West. All of the other wives stand behind their husbands, she stands beside hers.

I do not agree with some of the things that she apparently spends lots of money on, even though i do think that is the family money, not aid money... but her business is to make money for jordan by selling a product, that product is herself, therefore it is impt that she gets maximum exposure in countries that have aid to give, they look good, she looks good... its all about image management

and they are doing it for our country. jordanians should be proud.
Alia,
It is good to hear something positive on this forum about Rania. So much of the comment is negative and focus's on what she wears and how much she spends rather than what she does.

I agree with you that all Jordanians can be proud of Rania and the rest of the royal family.
Old 04-21-2004, 06:06 PM

All this praise for Rania is lovely, but how can people overlook the fact that her husband is in charge of a regime, one that he took over from his father?
Old 04-21-2004, 06:12 PM
Serene Highness

meaning a non elected form of government?
Old 04-21-2004, 07:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by alia_musallam@Apr 20th, 2004 - 10:42 pm
I would say that Queen Noor is very well known in the west, too. As someone who was born in the States, I find that in interviews journalists totally "eat that up," that a U.S. born woman went on to become the Queen of Jordan. Queen Noor's taking up of landmines was pretty well publicized here. Certainly more than I would say of any of Rania's public causes. And now that Queen Noor has published a book, she has drawn even more attention to herself.
Old 04-21-2004, 07:15 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally posted by gily@Apr 21st, 2004 - 5:06 pm
All this praise for Rania is lovely, but how can people overlook the fact that her husband is in charge of a regime, one that he took over from his father?
no, there is a so-called eleceted government but the elections can be postponed or put on hold by the king. then he is the person to elect the ministers. is that correct? thats how i remeber it. not a regime in the sense many other middle-eastern countries are regimes, but certainly less of a democracy than lets say Britain. human rights-wise and huam resource (country's main resource, as a matter of fact) wise the country is doing quite well in comparison to others in the region.
Old 04-21-2004, 10:04 PM
Nobility

gily, one question. Why did you use my exact words and just substitute Asma for Rania?

Quote:
If you check this thread I made the same comment here.
http://www.lestribunesroyales.com/forums/i...?showtopic=5285
Old 04-22-2004, 05:32 AM
Courtier

Kingship is hereditary all over the world (in contrast to the status of a president; the Syrian case is here rather unique). The problem with Abdullah’s position is that the king’s power is not yet restricted enough. By the way KA discussed the prospects of a European-style Monarchy in Jordan last week with journalists in San Francisco:

“‘There are 30 political parties [in Jordan] with no agendas,’ he said. ‘If you talk to any of the political parties or their representatives in Parliament and ask them: What is your agenda, political or social or economic? they don’t have a clue.’ Abdullah said that he is pressing for a merging of some of the country’s parties. ‘You need to get down to two, three or four parties, left, right and center.’”
Asked whether he would be willing to turn Jordan into a constitutional monarchy, Abdullah indicated that he was not opposed to the concept. ‘I see monarchies have to modernize,’ he said. ‘Five years, 50 years, it all depends on how the process of maturity of these politicians proceeds.’” (San Francisco Chronicle)
Old 04-28-2004, 07:19 PM
Serene Highness

There's no doubt about it; Queen Rania is lovely--actually, so many of the women in that family are. OK, it's settled. The royal men have great taste in women--always choosing intelligent, well-spoken, gorgeous, dedicated ladies.
Old 04-29-2004, 05:02 PM
Royal Highness

Thnaks the pics are great
Old 04-30-2004, 03:26 AM
Courtier

I may be wrong (although I doubt it), but this, like other protests Rania has attended, was a state sponsored/organized protests, meant for socializing citizens with the views/policies of the regime and consolidating support. They are not 'grassroots 'protests like we have in the West. Nevertheles, a march for peace is always a good thing. It's just too bad that the government can't be consistent, as anti-war demonstrations were so tightly regulated, and/or prohibited, before the the Iraq war.

Anyway, thanks fo the article. I just love the inflated figures. From 20,000 to 250,000 is quite the jump to say the least! :flower:
Old 04-30-2004, 06:24 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
QUEEN RANIA TAKES PART IN A PUBLIC DEMONSTRATION AGAINST TERRORISM, AMMAN, JORDAN 29 APR 2004

Old 04-30-2004, 01:47 PM
Courtier

if there were really 250,000 people protesting, i'm sure cnn or bbc would have picked up on the story...

in the washington post article, qr states that this is the first protest of its kind in the muslim/arab world but is that really so? i could have sworn that turkey and pakistan had similar protests in larger numbers. does anyone know for a fact?
Old 05-12-2004, 08:42 PM
Serene Highness

Jordan's Queen Rania during a tour of Suweifyeh High School in Amman, Jordan, on Wednesday May 12, 2004. The Queen is supporting the world Links program, which works globally with the aim of integrating technology into learning for improved educational results. Rania is a member of the advisory council for the World Links Arab Region, which was launched in Amman in 2003

Queen Rania

Two Jordanian students, right, explain their project to Jordan's Queen Rania, left, during a tour of Suweifyeh High School in Amman, Jordan, on Wednesday May 12, 2004.

"You press enter and voila, the Les Tribunes Royales website!"
Old 05-27-2004, 12:18 PM
Super Moderator

Rania was at a lunch banquet in honour of the sultan of Brunei.
I love the dress she's wearing..she's worn it before, in March during her visit to Dubai I believe.
Old 05-29-2004, 01:49 PM
Royal Highness

This topic has run its course. Closed.
Old 07-01-2004, 09:55 AM
Majesty

anything to add on this thread
Old 07-01-2004, 10:52 PM
bluetortuga

Quote:
Originally posted by Josefine@Jul 1st, 2004 - 8:55 am
anything to add on this thread
How about changing the title to Rania's $627,000 silverware?
Old 07-01-2004, 11:00 PM
Commoner

627.000 euros

Closed Thread