Queen Rania - romours about Cosmetic Surgery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree.. Mette Marit actually needs to go shopping....
Even if Maxima does spend a lot of money on clothing - I read that she and her husband belong to the richest royal house in Europe and that's money that's come from their own private investments.... or so I read...
The point is for someone like QR to spend and spend - then give speeches in the US and Europe about the needs of Jordan and why investing in Jordan's economy will benefit the region - is absurd... I too read the 'tiara' interview - but didn't she finally get her own tiaras? Don't know if the gold shoes story is true - who knows especially after the story of the over $600,000 silverware..... if she was married to a rich man who could actually afford her whims - fine, do whatever you want, spend away.... but when you and your husband are constantly begging for aid... c'mon..

Originally posted by QueenB@Jul 2nd, 2004 - 7:12 pm
The point is for someone like QR to spend and spend - then give speeches in the US and Europe about the needs of Jordan and why investing in Jordan's economy will benefit the region - is absurd... I too read the 'tiara' interview - but didn't she finally get her own tiaras? Don't know if the gold shoes story is true - who knows especially after the story of the over $600,000 silverware..... if she was married to a rich man who could actually afford her whims - fine, do whatever you want, spend away.... but when you and your husband are constantly begging for aid... c'mon..
Yes, and there's also the high contrast between the opulence in which KA and QR live and the abject poverty of most of the people in their country. It's obscene to me.

Papillon: about the Jordan Times/Petra articles... can't remember which board we mentioned on - too many boards - so confused :wacko: ...... but the funniest articles are the ones that start of "and under the wise leadership of HM KA" or thanks to the wisdom and guidance of KA... or under the patronage and thanks to the initiative..... blah blah..... just a lot of crock..... I don't bother to read any of their articles..... I just look at the pictures now..... :rolleyes:
Notice no mention of the stolen silverware on Jordan Times/Petra......

thanks for clarifying it pepep.... btw... there's another thread that mentions what I was saying about the Time Magazine mention of QR... It was started by Zento....

Originally posted by QueenB@Jul 2nd, 2004 - 7:42 pm
Papillon: about the Jordan Times/Petra articles... can't remember which board we mentioned on - too many boards - so confused :wacko: ...... but the funniest articles are the ones that start of "and under the wise leadership of HM KA" or thanks to the wisdom and guidance of KA... or under the patronage and thanks to the initiative..... blah blah..... just a lot of crock..... I don't bother to read any of their articles..... I just look at the pictures now..... :rolleyes:
Yes, it's true. Mind you, though, there is no freedom of the press in Jordan, so the local newspapers are more or less publicity machines for the JRF. I still read some of the articles, even though I know they are spun in favor of the JRF, if only to understand what it is the local people are being fed. It helps me understand some of the reasons some of them are not so fond of the West. I find it both funny and sad, though ultimately more sad than funny.

Good point about the tableware. You are so perceptive, Queenie. Hey, what if a Jordanian stole it? How will it ever be recovered if the local people don't know to be on the lookout for some really nice flatware with JRF crests engraved on the handles? :lol: Maybe we should write a letter to the editor to "help" QR find her missing 1,000 knives, forks, and spoons.

Originally posted by QueenB@Jul 3rd, 2004 - 2:42 am
:shock: That is a big surprised to me. :p

I thought I'd post the article about the silverware--which costs 2,000,000 Danish kroner--that's TWO MILLION!!!!

I'm sorry but that is just plain wrong. The more I read about the queen's frivilnous the more I loose respect for her--which is SO disapointing!

Tableware destined for Jordanian Queen filched in Denmark

COPENHAGEN (AFP) - Around a thousand pieces of tableware and
silverware specially made in Denmark for Queen Rania of Jordan have
been stolen in Copenhagen, police said.

Designed by Danish goldsmith company Georg Jensen, the pieces were
taken from the Royal Scandinavia factory at the weekend, just before
they were to be shipped to the royal palace in Amman.

The thieves appeared to know the layout of the factory, and
circumvented security without any obvious problems, which has led
police to believe the robbery could have been an inside job.

But police also think that the bounty will be impossible to sell
without detection, given that the pieces have all been inscribed
with the Jordanian royal monogram and crown.

Since they were left undisturbed, the thieves also took the time to
filch 400 ladies' watches, also designed by Georg Jensen.

The total value of the stolen goods is estimated at five million
Danish kroner (627.000 euros), of which about 2 million are
silverware.

This almost sounds like an exaggerated story planted to make the Jordanian royal family look bad. It's too outrageous. Story is 2 years ago. Has anyone actually seen the shoes?

Originally posted by Gobsmacked@Jul 4th, 2004 - 10:25 pm
This almost sounds like an exaggerated story planted to make the Jordanian royal family look bad. It's too outrageous. Story is 2 years ago. Has anyone actually seen the shoes?
There's a pic on page 11.

But I don't know whether or not they are authentic.

Originally posted by La la@Jul 4th, 2004 - 6:10 pm
But I don't know whether or not they are authentic.
The shoes with the brown dress photo could be metallic leather or satine. Those aren't topaz and diamond encrusted like the article says. If I had real ones, I'd put them in my bedroom and play with them, not wear them if I had them! Maybe she only wears them for her husband at night? javascript:emoticon(':p')

I like Queen Rania, but I mostly like that she was a commoner, educated and had a Real Job in the corporate world prior to marrying her prince. You would think her past experience would make her more aware of regular people, marketing and selling herself and her ideas, but she does seem completely clueless about public perception!

Originally posted by La la@Jul 4th, 2004 - 4:43 pm

There's a pic on page 11.
We dont know if the shoes Rania's wearing in the picture are the gold shoes we've been talking about. If the story is true, I dont expect her to flaunt them in public.

Originally posted by Gobsmacked@Jul 4th, 2004 - 4:25 pm
Knowing her extravagant expenses, I would not be surprised if she has those Gold shoes. As it was mentioned before, QR ordered expensive silverware and several wristwatches that were stolen in Copenhagen..

Read here about what was stolen

Someone on this board already posted a pic of a watch and one spoon

NB:

The value of the stolen things is DKK 5 million (673,000 euros), among which DKK 2.8 million (376,000 euros) for the silverware

1 EUR = 1.23190 USD
1 USD = 0.811754 EUR

(to help you convert the value of the stolen things into USD :angry: after you read the article)

Originally posted by ~*~Humera~*~+Jul 4th, 2004 - 5:41 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (~*~Humera~*~ @ Jul 4th, 2004 - 5:41 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-nicole@Jul 4th, 2004 - 3:19 pm
I thought I'd post the article about the silverware--which costs 2,000,000 Danish kroner--that's TWO MILLION!!!! 
do you mean two million dollars? That figure sounds a bit exaggerated.
AAPImage says the value of the sotlen times is $129,000.

Hundreds of exclusive watches and about 1,000 pieces of silver cutlery commissioned by Jordan's Queen Rania, similar to these shown, were stolen from famed Danish silversmith Georg Jensen police said Tuesday, June 29, 2004. The cutlery engraved with crowns, inscriptions and the Jordanian royal family's monogram was worth about US $ 129,000. The theft was discovered when staff opened the shop Monday June 28, 2004. (Magnus Moeller/POLFOTO)

4 [/b][/quote]
QR ordered expensive silverware and several wristwatches that were stolen in Copenhagen..

the value of what was stolen is here

NB:

The value of the stolen things is DKK 5 million (673,000 euros), among which DKK 2.8 million (376,000 euros) for the silverware
1 EUR = 1.23190 USD
1 USD = 0.811754 EUR

(to help you convert the value of the stolen things into USD after you read the article)

Originally posted by Humble@Jul 4th, 2004 - 5:44 pm
QR ordered expensive silverware and several wristwatches that were stolen in Copenhagen..

NB:

1 EUR = 1.23190 USD
1 USD = 0.811754 EUR

(to help you convert the value of the stolen things into USD  after you read the article)
You posted the same thing twice. I only got a chance to look at your previous post after I posted mine. The links of the pictures posted on the last page arent working, i've checked them several times.

Originally posted by ~*~Humera~*~+Jul 4th, 2004 - 5:57 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (~*~Humera~*~ @ Jul 4th, 2004 - 5:57 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Humble@Jul 4th, 2004 - 5:44 pm

NB:

1 EUR = 1.23190 USD
1 USD = 0.811754 EUR

(to help you convert the value of the stolen things into USD  after you read the article)
You posted the same thing twice. I only got a chance to look at your previous post after I posted mine. The links of the pictures posted on the last page arent working, i've checked them several times. [/b][/quote]
Yes you are right... :flower:
====
The article i posted is in here...
http://www.cphpost.dk/get/79613.html

I did not post any picture..

Originally posted by Humble@Jul 4th, 2004 - 6:00 pm
Yes you are right... :flower:
====
The article i posted is in here...
http://www.cphpost.dk/get/79613.html

I did not post any picture..
thanx for the article though. No wonder $129,000 sounded a small figure for all the cutlery and watches.

:lol: I don’t know why Rania needs silverware for $772,000, she doesn’t know how to use it. As refugee she use to eat with her fingers. :lol:

Originally posted by paloma@Jul 4th, 2004 - 7:28 pm
Something tells me that this woman could end up like Marie Antoinette. Does anyone else agree?
Why doesn't someone in Jordan grab those gold shoes and smack Q Rania upside her head? Jordan has to beg from all over the globe to survive and this woman is buying gold shoes and luxury flatware with the people's money. Make sure the people's basic needs have been met before you spend like a confounded jackass!

Royals are like that, they want to be noticed, praised and respected and they have the pride to buy every expensive thing!
I saw her pictures when she was a princess, she was so shy, not that fancy and lovely too, but now....!

Jordanians can't do anything, they are majesties and above everyone!

Originally posted by paloma@Jul 4th, 2004 - 7:28 pm
Could this woman end up like Marie Antoinette?
I take it you're comparing Rania's spending habits to Marie Antoinette's. The latter was far more extravagant given the time and the condition of the lower class in France. Besides, most historians agree that Marie Antoinette was more of a scapegoat rather than the root of her nations' problems.
Nevertheless, Rania's habits are a cause of concern, especially given her more 'frugal' lifestyle before she married Abdullah and even as a princess. Still, its not very likely she'll have her head cut off for that.

Originally posted by nicole@Jul 4th, 2004 - 4:19 pm
The total value of the stolen goods is estimated at five million
Danish kroner (627.000 euros), of which about 2 million are
silverware.
What in the world would Rania do with silverware this expensive anyways? :unsure:

If I were Rania, I would not only be embarassed by my frivolous and ridiculous overspending and extravagance, I would also be deeply ashamed that I was so superficial and greedy to think/believe that silverware this expensive was a "good buy" when the people of my own country barely have enough food to eat, let alone to sit down at such an extravagantly laid out table.

What's next? $4 million's worth of wine goblets and water glasses? Followed by $8 million's worth of specially-designed fine china?

:wacko:

The more I read of Rania's lavishness, the more certain I become that her priorities are severely in need of restructuring. Whoever suggested above that someone should smack Rania with her gold shoes is onto a good idea. But of course she can't be the only one to blame: Someone in the Jordanian royal court approved the purchase of the silverware and didn't try to talk some sense into Rania and that person needs their head checked, too.

I don't care how rich you are or who you are, or who your VIP guests sitting around the dining room table are ... $2 million for silverware? :wacko: I think that the true (and sincere) leaders and revolutionaries in this world would be more impressed if that money were put towards social programs for Jordanian people rather than some warped notion of "keeping up with the Joneses." I can't see Nelson Mandela going on and on about the pretty silverware at Abdullah and Rania's palace rather than the good works they are doing to improve the lives of their people.

Originally posted by Alisa@Jul 5th, 2004 - 8:52 pm
$2 million for silverware?

I think the 2 million was in DKK and not Euros, or even USD.
As I posted earlier:

1 EUR = 1.23190 USD
1 USD = 0.811754 EUR

(to help you convert the value of the stolen things into USD after you read the article through this link: http://www.cphpost.dk/get/79613.html )

:angry:

So, the silverware costs almost 1/2 million USD:
376,000.00 Euro = 462,049.00 USD

No need to be angy, I was just subtedly pointing out to Genevieve that she may have incorrectly read the post. :flower:

Originally posted by Humble@Jul 5th, 2004 - 10:07 pm
:angry:

So, the silverware costs almost 1/2 million USD:
376,000.00 Euro = 462,049.00 USD[/SIZE]
No need to be angry. I'm sorry that I did not notice your conversion earlier. But is half a million dollars worth of silverware any more justifiable considering the economic climate/situation in Jordan?

Originally posted by Alisa@Jul 5th, 2004 - 9:19 pm
No need to be angy, I was just subtedly pointing out to Genevieve that she may have incorrectly read the post. :flower:
Genevieve and Alisa

Oh sorryy I am not angry at you gals, but at Rania....

Should have placed that angry icon somewhere else...

and here :flower: <==for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom