The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 09:23 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
Oh I remember watching this a while back. Though I dont understand arabic.
Rania sounds different when she speaks arabic, compared to when she speaks english i mean. She has a mixed accent in english which is hard to figure out at times. Its not entirely arabic or american or british.
I heard Rania speak English and Arabic (dialect). When speaking the Arabic dialect, her voice sounds more like a man. But much better when she speaks English.

Of course she has Arabic influence when she speaks English which is quite normal.

Old 05-14-2005, 01:50 PM
Serene Highness

Queen Rania's Appearance

Her clothes are fabulous. But as her time--with family and work--has to be limited, I wonder if she employs or consults with a personal stylist or if certain designers routinely send her things she may like to look over. I wonder that about QN and other royals, as well, by the way. Shopping full-time is hard work and "it takes a lot of time to be an exceptionally fashionable person" (QN, 1991)

The interesting thing about QR and other members of the JRF's attire--and other countries, as well--when they travel abroad is how it translates to people who don't know much about them. I was at a coffee house the other night and a friend and I were discussing things and looking at one article which showed QR and the subject of "honor killings" came up. She said something to the effect how she had first learned about it watching an interview with QR. When I asked what prompted her to watch the interview--as she isn't really interested in royals or the ME--she said it was the way she looked and spoke. She was quite taken with her presentation of things but she said "this sounds awfully shallow but I stopped channel flicking because I was wondering who this gorgeous woman was---and then I listened to what she was saying." It was just an interesting "take" on how image can lead people to think/act a certain way. I don't think QR looking lovely is a detriment to her causes in Jordan or the ME as it does attract the attention and interest of those who might otherwise not listen. So if she leads with her beauty then engages people with her substance, that is a positive thing IMO.

Old 05-29-2005, 09:19 AM
Nobility

The picture of her in the Light brown evening Gown is from a gala held for the Jordan River Foundation. Taken in France 030903
Old 05-29-2005, 09:24 AM
Nobility

Okay this time i'll hopefully get the order right:

The first three photo's are from visit to London 180602/ October 2003 in Paris/ from 281003/ @ Jordan River Foundation gala 300902
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	qrlon180602.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	151516   Click image for larger version

Name:	qrlon1906021.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	151517   Click image for larger version

Name:	qrloncherie180602.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	151518   Click image for larger version

Name:	qroct0103paris.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	151519  

Click image for larger version

Name:	qrpcvisit281004.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	151520   Click image for larger version

Name:	qrrivfndgala3009021.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	151521  
Old 06-04-2005, 04:18 PM
Serene Highness

Ten pages means it's time for a brand new thread. You can find it here: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...237#post222237