Queen Rania in New York: September 22-25, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

That is a really pretty dress but ruined with that gold belt which is totally at odds with the grecian drape style of the dress. Please Queen Rania, lose the belts with everything look - sometimes less is more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She looked pretty in the shots with wendy murdoch and carla bruni-sarkozy - very feminine and nice to see her wearing colour again after what seemed like years of beige and grey which didn't suit her.

Her eyes look different to me - there is something different in the shots where she smiles or laughs :ermm:

Woke up this morning, and the first thing I did was phone my son Hashem to see how he was feeling. He was napping, and I didn't get much out of him, but it was still comforting to hear his sleepy little voice. I can't wait to give him a big cuddle.

And with that, I headed off to the Clinton Global Initiative for the opening session, which focused on education, health, poverty, and climate. And what a lineup: President Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf of Liberia, former Vice President Al Gore, Bono, Coca-Cola Chairman Neville Isdell, Lance Armstrong, Mayor Michael Bloomberg, plus, of course, the charismatic and charming President Clinton. A pretty dazzling panel.
Queen Rania of Jordan in New York. - By Rania Al Abdullah - Slate Magazine
with all those meeting she stil have time to wrote to a newspapper:cool:

I agree with you M.lilo .... she is realy wonderful

i like the top but the combination with the skirt hmmmm.......i don't think it' successful.

NEW YORK (AP) — A coalition of governments, charities and U.N. agencies pledged $4.5 billion on Thursday to an attempt to get all the world's children in school by 2015......

The high-wattage meeting — which included former child laborers, and British Prime Minister Gordon Brown, Australian Prime Minister Mark Rudd, Jordan's Queen Rania and World Bank chief Robert Zoellick — was meant to boost the effort to eradicate illiteracy and provide universal primary schooling by 2015.....
Education Week: Global leaders pledge $4.5B to send kids to school

She does change outfits, but Queen Rania's choices are far from being perfect, I have to say. She looks all right in the grey dress by Dior though.

I like to see hair in a n elegant chignon, it is more regal

I love love love Queen Rania, yet I think she is starting to overdo it with the makeup, she is so much more beautiful with less, and her face is begining to look expresionless. Is there any other video ot the evening with bill clinton?

Does anybody actually want to discuss the events themselves?

Well to be fair, she isn't saying anything new, only what she has been repeating in various interviews over the last few years o perhaps that is why people are focussing on fashion. People like to discuss what Rania does and how she presents herself. I don't care as long as nobody is aggressive or rude.

I have to say though I didn't think Rania or Elle were looking their usual glamourous selves at this event.

the Petra coverage of QRania visit this time is poor:ermm:
we use to get some lovely big and clear photos alot of photos this time only one or two for each event and nothing for alot of events like In My Name launch campaign ,the meeting with Carla and the dinner with Sara brown,it's shame.

SCHEDULE OF EVENTS

MONDAY, September 22
• NYC: Meets with French first lady and media mogul’s wife
• NYC: UNICEF meeting

TUESDAY, September 23
• NYC: Conde Nast Traveler's 2nd annual World Savers Congress
• NYC: David Rockefeller Bridging Leadership Award

WEDNESDAY, September 24
• NYC: Clinton Global Initiative, opening plenary session, 10 a.m.
• NYC: White Ribbon Alliance for Safe Motherhood, The Carlyle Hotel

THURSDAY, September 25
• NYC: In My Name launch
• NYC: UN education forum

Does anybody actually want to discuss the events themselves?

I don’t think you would like what I would have to say. But I will start with my one compliment: Rania has finally carried out a more appropriate number of public engagements on her annual fall trip to the U.S. As you can note above, she did at least two public engagements a day, every day. This hasn’t been typical for her. On one previous trip, I recall her doing about one engagement every two days, leaving me wondering what she was doing with her Jordanian taxpayer-funded time in New York. So this trip is a vast improvement in terms of workload and work ethic. Still, I would like to see the next trip to the U.S. have up to four engagements a day, every day (especially if it’s not in the middle of Ramadan). She needs to be a workhorse, not a clotheshorse, on these foreign trips.

As for the events themselves, most are worthy causes in and of themselves. But I don’t see much of a Jordanian focus. They strike me more as global initiatives that will enhance her international reputation than offer any real, specific benefit to Jordan. If I’m wrong, then I would appreciate some hard facts about how her UNICEF, White Ribbon Alliance and In My Name activities will improve life on the ground for her fellow Jordanians. And I know she promoted Jordanian tourism at the World Savers Congress, and she talked about Madarasati at the UN education forum, but I need to see more of her international activities geared toward substantially helping Jordan. Otherwise they come across to me as media and award bait.

NBC "Today" interview with Meredith Vieria

Web page
The Today Show - Matt Lauer, Meredith Vieira, Ann Curry, Al Roker, Natalie Morales - News, Celebrities, Recipes, Video, Tips and Advice, Entertainment and Live Concerts -- MSNBC.com- MSNBC.com

Link to video
Today Show Video Player

Bill's star power - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

Bill's star power

Bill Clinton evidently expects the likes of Bono, Ali, Queen Rania, Lance Armstrong, Jesse Jackson and Al Gore to solve the world's problems ("Clinton draws on star power to spur global change," Sept. 25 and PghTrib.com).

PETRA can't cover well perhaps not to show all the appropiate clothes she wore?! I agree with yammaha, the queen also didn't focus on the topics also if so she wouldn't care to change the outfit every minute.

SCHEDULE OF EVENTS

I need to see more of her international activities geared toward substantially helping Jordan. Otherwise they come across to me as media and award bait.

This how I am thinking too adamari, she hasn't said anything radical or new on this trip. Aunti is right too, after watching the video, her face is becoming expresionless and mask like

ok thanks Adamari:flowers:
nobody post those photos this why i miss the event,thanks again.

SCHEDULE

MONDAY, September 22
• NYC: Meets with French first lady and media mogul’s wife
• NYC: UNICEF meeting

TUESDAY, September 23
• NYC: Conde Nast Traveler's 2nd annual World Savers Congress
• NYC: David Rockefeller Bridging Leadership Award

WEDNESDAY, September 24
• NYC: Clinton Global Initiative, opening plenary session, 10 a.m.
• NYC: Tapes interview with NBC Today
• NYC: World Business and Development Awards
• NYC: White Ribbon Alliance for Safe Motherhood
• NYC: Slate.com blog entry

THURSDAY, September 25
• NYC: In My Name launch
• NYC: Interview with Fareed Zakaria of CNN and Newsweek International
• NYC: UN education forum

FRIDAY, September 25
• NYC: No actual events
• NYC: NBC Today airs interview

Rania’s latest Slate.com blog entry doesn’t specify for which news outlet the interview was for, his Fareed Zakaria GPS show on CNN or for Newsweek International. Her entry also says she flies home to Jordan on Saturday. Why would she wait a full day to return home, considering her daughters celebrate their birthdays today and Saturday?

University for a Night 2008

This website should eventually post photos from the award ceremony Tuesday night. They're just not up yet. I'm posting the link in case anyone wants to check back in the days or weeks ahead.

Back
Top Bottom