Queen Rania in New York: September 22-25, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
September 22 - UNICEF

. . . Meanwhile on Monday, Queen Rania met with key UNICEF staff members in New York, including Executive Director Anne Veneman.

During the meeting Queen Rania, who was appointed as UNICEF’s first Eminent Advocate for Children last year, was briefed on the organisation’s latest findings on global education and health and explored ways to help promote UNICEF’s mandate further. Jordan Times

They look like "Charlie's Angel"! :)
:D that waht i thought too,
all ladies are lookig great,but i don't like the shot a traditional group photo would look more appropriate to me,they look like actresses attending movie premier.

Queen Rania announces establishment of unique park and woodland areas in Jordan

In an effort to promote the Middle East as an attractive travel option to prospective tourists, Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah delivered the keynote address at the second annual Condé Nast World Savers Congress in New York, Tuesday.

The Queen also announced the establishment of several new parks in Jordan.

Speaking to an audience of hundreds of CEOs and travel industry leaders, Queen Rania emphasized many of the unique experiences that travelers can explore in the region... - Full Article

Pic 1 -- Pic 2
more photos search for Queen rania
BelgaPicture - Quick search

Held under the patronage of Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah of Jordan and Senegal's President Abdoulaye Wade, the World Business and Development Awards Ceremony is part of the special focus on the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) during the opening week of the United Nations' General Assembly in New York.

The World Business and Development Awards (WBDA) showcase creative initiatives by corporations, large and small, who apply their core business expertise to world-wide efforts to achieve the MDGs. In total, this year's winners improved the lives of millions of poor people across Africa, Asia and Latin America.

The FINANCIAL, News That Makes Money, Business News & Multimedia - Award winners prove that fighting poverty is good for business

Wonderfull thanx all posters for the great pictures..of rania and carla bruni

Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah of Jordan
The great thing about having jetlag in New York is that I'm up so early I get the best of the morning—the crisp, fresh, sunny starts that make you feel like you can take on the day ahead with gusto. And although I've been here many times before, the city's really buzzing right now.....Queen Rania of Jordan in New York. - By Rania Al Abdullah - Slate Magazine

They all look beautiful. Though what was the point of the three of them meeting?

I agree. I especially liked Carla Bruni's outfit. But I do wish Wendy Murdoch had worn a bra. It was a bit distracting. :ermm:

that's an interesting diary entry from queen rania in slater! i thoroughly enjoyed reading it. she seems so approachable, i find it great she finds time to 'mingle' with commoners in channels like youtube or slater.

the pictures with carla and wendi are definitely very charlie's angels :) it seems like a 'best friends forever' type of pic!

Thanks for the new photos, jordan. Rania's dress is very pretty and I have to say Sarah Brown looks pretty good considering that she must be tired!

I would sincerely doubt it. Why would it be against protocol?!

I might be wrong, but I believe that (1) Do not speak unless spoken to and (2)Do not let any part of yourself touch King/Queen are the ground rules of the protocol in any situation dealing with royals.

I might be wrong, but I believe that (1) Do not speak unless spoken to and (2)Do not let any part of yourself touch King/Queen are the ground rules of the protocol in any situation dealing with royals.
I don't think the Arab royals tend to follow protocol of that nature. There are probably hundreds of photos of the Jordanian RF touching and being touched by people.

Abaca Press Americas Search Results

Several photos from the In My Name launch at Abacausa.com
Thanks for the photos. I hadn't realised Rahul Bose was involved with this project.

Last edited by a moderator:
Woke up this morning, and the first thing I did was phone my son Hashem to see how he was feeling. He was napping, and I didn't get much out of him, but it was still comforting to hear his sleepy little voice. I can't wait to give him a big cuddle.

And with that, I headed off to the Clinton Global Initiative for the opening session, which focused on education, health, poverty, and climate. And what a lineup: President Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf of Liberia, former Vice President Al Gore, Bono, Coca-Cola Chairman Neville Isdell, Lance Armstrong, Mayor Michael Bloomberg, plus, of course, the charismatic and charming President Clinton. A pretty dazzling panel.
Queen Rania of Jordan in New York. - By Rania Al Abdullah - Slate Magazine

Back
Top Bottom