Queen Rania in New York: September 22-25, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I saw part of the Queen Rania interview on the TV this morning --- she speaks beautiful English with a slight accent, is very thin and is gorgeous -

those two photos have the dath of 25 September but i don't know the event my Italian is.....:eek::D
Olycom - News
Olycom - News
They are from the GAVI alliance meeting. As I mentioned earlier, I expected she would attend as she is heavily involved with their work.

The speech from the Business Development Awards was pretty good, short and sweet but straight to the point. It was also good to hear during the CGI to hear of the progress of the Madrasati scheme. 100 schools in 5 months is excellent imo.

I don’t think you would like what I would have to say. But I will start with my one compliment: Rania has finally carried out a more appropriate number of public engagements on her annual fall trip to the U.S. As you can note above, she did at least two public engagements a day, every day. This hasn’t been typical for her. On one previous trip, I recall her doing about one engagement every two days, leaving me wondering what she was doing with her Jordanian taxpayer-funded time in New York.
I'm not sure which trip you are referring to but in trips of this nature there are often meetings that don't come to light until afterwards. Just because she, or any other royal, does not have a public meeting per se doesn't mean they are sat in their hotel suite twiddling their thumbs.
Adamari said:
So this trip is a vast improvement in terms of workload and work ethic. Still, I would like to see the next trip to the U.S. have up to four engagements a day, every day (especially if it’s not in the middle of Ramadan).
I'm a firm believer in quality over quantity. Whats the point in x number of engagements if they have littlke real meaning or value?

Adamari said:
As for the events themselves, most are worthy causes in and of themselves. But I don’t see much of a Jordanian focus. They strike me more as global initiatives that will enhance her international reputation than offer any real, specific benefit to Jordan. If I’m wrong, then I would appreciate some hard facts about how her UNICEF, White Ribbon Alliance and In My Name activities will improve life on the ground for her fellow Jordanians. And I know she promoted Jordanian tourism at the World Savers Congress, and she talked about Madarasati at the UN education forum, but I need to see more of her international activities geared toward substantially helping Jordan. Otherwise they come across to me as media and award bait.
Most royals are involved with international organisations on this scale, so imoit's not that unusual that Rania is either. On this trip she really seemed to be emphasise the need for education which imo is an issue that is just as important for Jordan as anywhere else in the world. Only 84% of women can read and write, which is an excellent figure for an Arab country when you compare it to a place like Yemen or Egypt. However compared to 95% for men it shows how much work needs to be done. For example at the CGI she talked about Madrasati and the impact it is having so far.

General Reminder

There are plenty of threads devoted to Queen Rania in the Fashion Forum. Let’s refrain from launching into an in-depth fashion analysis here.

It’s difficult keeping track of all these events so please keep your comments strictly on topic.

Thank You
Humera
Jordanian Forum Moderator

SCHEDULE

MONDAY, September 22
• NYC: Meets with French first lady and media mogul’s wife
• NYC: UNICEF meeting

TUESDAY, September 23
• NYC: Conde Nast Traveler's 2nd annual World Savers Congress
• NYC: David Rockefeller Bridging Leadership Award

WEDNESDAY, September 24
• NYC: Clinton Global Initiative, opening plenary session, 10 a.m.
• NYC: Tapes interview with NBC Today
• NYC: World Business and Development Awards
• NYC: White Ribbon Alliance for Safe Motherhood
• NYC: Slate.com blog entry

THURSDAY, September 25
• NYC: In My Name launch
• NYC: Interview with Fareed Zakaria of CNN and Newsweek International
• NYC: UN education forum

FRIDAY, September 25
• NYC: No actual events
• NYC: NBC Today airs interview

is rania to keep the blog in slater only for the official visit?

rania was at the gavi's fund council gala event the 25th september, where she met infanta cristina.

The Body no match for a Queen when fighting poverty
...The Body was at the side of the Middle Eastern royal, as well as UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon, adding her celebrity name to a campaign to halve the number of people suffering in the world by 2015... - Full Article

As much as i like Queen Rania,i wish she can wear more traditional Jordanian dresses or something that is middle-eastern and less of the desinger cloths?!!

her close up shots makes her face look very hard or like a mask.

As much as i like Queen Rania,i wish she can wear more traditional Jordanian dresses or something that is middle-eastern and less of the desinger cloths?!!
same here.
she always look super beautiful in jordanian thobes,and wearing them time to time outside would be great to promote jordania taditional fashion like use QNoor and she still do it.

her close up shots makes her face look very hard or like a mask.

I agree xavi83, I don't know what she has been doing to herself but she is starting to look like a waxwork. Her face hardly moves and can't show much expression. Who knows what these rich ladies do but they all have a certain type of look to their skin. I don't think the long poker straight hair helpd either as it accentuates the hardness. It looks much nicer in a chignon or when there are some waves in it as it softens her face.

same here.
she always look super beautiful in jordanian thobes,and wearing them time to time outside would be great to promote jordania taditional fashion like use QNoor and she still do it.

I agree. It would be fantastic if she did more to promote the designers in Jordan and the Middle East as they produce some beautiful fabrics and designs - not just for evening wear but even if it was a touch in a scarf or on a blouse just to show the ME influence as she is a queen of ME country yet to look at her one wouldn't think it. Western clothes are great but it would be lovely if she wore some of the beautiful traditional things especially when overseas or even mixed and matched, for example there are beautiful shawls and wraps for the evening in gorgeous colours that could be worn over evening gowns/skirts/blouses.

Wearing a thobe at the CGI or the UN Education Forum would have looked silly and unprofessional. The only place it would have been appropriate imo would have been the Conde Nast travel conference as that event was aimed specifically at promoting Jordan.

Since the visit is over
and no one seems to have anything new to contribute to this thread, except superficial comments and posts that ignore the previous moderator warning, we’ll be happy to close this thread rather than delete posts.

Humera
Jordanian Forum Moderator

A video which features Queen Rania at the beginning at "Education for All"

Seeing the first video I thought she must be tired and feeling dizzy by all these speeches, events, where she should manage to be always fresh and dynamic, she seemed to be a little tired after finishing her speech.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very pretty evening top/blouse

Back
Top Bottom