Queen Rania for the United Nations

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pdas1201

Heir Presumptive
City
Houston
Country
United States
Queen Rania Receives the World's Children 2005 Report

Amman, Dec. 14 (Petra)--Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah
received at the Royal Cultural Center, in the presence of Chief
Chamberlain HRH Prince Raad Bin Zeid, Mayor of Amman Nidal Al
Hadid and officials from the public and private sector, the World's
Children 2005 Report from UNICEF Jordan Representative, Anne
Skatvedt.
Under the theme of "Children under Threat", the UNICEF report
uncovers the magnitude of remaining challenges the world has yet to
tackle in order to ensure that children are not denied their
childhood.
The report highlights the unresolved impediments to the
development of children such as poverty, armed conflict and HIV/AIDS.
The publication of "Children Protect Themselves" focuses on the
importance of life skills in helping adolescents, a time when young
people are most vulnerable, to protect themselves, to help
understand themselves and to interact positively with others.
"Jordan is contributing at many levels and in innovative ways to
ensuring that every child enjoys their right to a childhood and to
protection," said Anne Skatvedt, UNICEF Jordan Representative on
the eve of the launch.
This year, Jordan also finalized its third report to the
International Child Rights Committee (CRC) in Geneva. There are
still many challenges ahead, and the report shows that Jordan has
taken positive steps towards harmonizing its legislation with the
Convention on the Rights of the Child.
President of the Higher Council for Youth Dr. Ma'moun Norridin
said that Queen Rania's Patronage of this even affirms that Jordan
works seriously to arm children and youth with the basic life skills
they need to confront challenges. He said that the council believes
in good preparation and habilitation of youth in line with His
Majesty King Abdullah's directives to give attention and care to
children.

Attachments

• 3532I.jpg
    3532I.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 717
  • 3533I.jpg
    3533I.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 753
  • 3534I.jpg
    3534I.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 880
Queen Rania of Jordan briefs UN officials on achievments and challenges on education in Jordan.
Pic 1
Pic 2

Queen Rania of Jordan briefs UN officials on achievments and challenges on education in Jordan.

Thank you:flowers: Petra have more pictures and gettyimages too

Queen Rania for UNICEF

Queen Rania discusses strategies and initiatives to raise UNICEF’s global profile

...On the heels of the Queen’s meeting with UNICEF’s Executive Director Ann Veneman in New York last month, Queen Rania brought the team together to discuss an upcoming sports in development initiative that the Queen said she was keen to lend her voice and support to... - Full Article

Queen Rania discusses strategies and initiatives to raise UNICEF’s global profile

...On the heels of the Queen’s meeting with UNICEF’s Executive Director Ann Veneman in New York last month, Queen Rania brought the team together to discuss an upcoming sports in development initiative that the Queen said she was keen to lend her voice and support to... - Full Article
photo: http://i38.tinypic.com/2dl4q4m.jpg

Queen Rania has been an active patron of the UN for years, we’ve created this separate thread for her work with the organization.

In 2006, she was invited to join the board of the United Nations Foundation and in 2007 she became UNICEF’s first Eminent Advocate for Children.

Please use this thread to post all related current news and information.

Humera
Jordanian Forum Moderator

Last edited:
I was pleasantly surprised to see Rania working yesterday, I had thought she would be busy preparing for their international tour.

It's interesting that they mention the 2012 Olympics because the organisers here have been keen to stress that they want the event to create a legacy, as opposed to just a summer of fun.

UNICEF Eminent Advocate for Children, Queen Rania of Jordan, speaks out on abuse

"Her Majesty Queen Rania Al-Abdullah of Jordan, UNICEF's Eminent Advocate for Children, issued the following statement marking the World Day for the Prevention of Child Abuse":

UNICEF - At a glance: Jordan - Queen Rania speaks out

Thanks for the link, Veram98. The whole issue of child protection is quite a controversial one at the moment as there have been three or four high profile cases in the UK media.

H. M. Queen Rania of Jordan (R) is greated by the Norwegian Crown Prince Haakon (L) during the 'Education for All' high-level group meeting in Oslo, Norway, on 16 December 2008. The two-day meeting is an annual event that brings together top-level representatives from government, development agencies, UN agencies, civil society and the private sector.
http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo140/salmaf/8861302.jpg
http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo140/salmaf/8861301.jpg
http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo140/salmaf/8861300.jpg

ANP

H. M. Queen Rania of Jordan (R) is greated by the Norwegian Crown Prince Haakon (L) during the 'Education for All' high-level group meeting in Oslo, Norway, on 16 December 2008. The two-day meeting is an annual event that brings together top-level representatives from government, development agencies, UN agencies, civil society and the private sector.
http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo140/salmaf/8861302.jpg
http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo140/salmaf/8861301.jpg
http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo140/salmaf/8861300.jpg

ANP
Waaaaaw .... wonderful ... great pics thank u salma .:):flowers:

Thanks for the pictures and the links salma:)

Thanks Salma for pictures and videos. Great job!

Queen calls on leaders to prioritise girls’ education

Her Majesty Queen Rania on Tuesday called on leaders from all sectors to prioritise girls’ education.
Addressing a high-level Education for All summit in Oslo, Norway, she lauded Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg’s “unfailing leadership - financially and morally”, and also highlighted the efforts of Canada, the UK, the Netherlands and Sweden for championing the right of girls to go to school.
“It isn’t often that the logic behind a policy is so clear. But when it comes to the value of educating girls, the evidence speaks for itself,” she told the audience, which included Norway’s queen and crown prince, the president of Senegal, and UNESCO Director General Koïchiro Matsuura. Jordan Times

In fifth photo, before the videos, Queen Rania is really like a model! Stunning! But she wears jacket with short sleeves, isn'it cold in Norway?????

Thank you for the photos. IMRIC this is the third time Haakon and Rania have worked on a project together.

All we have seen are photos of Rania indoors. She could have worn a warmer jacket over her outfit when arriving at the venue.

The one video that shows her outdoors is actually from the Jordanians' state visit early in Abdullah's reign, several years ago.

The one video that shows her outdoors is actually from the Jordanians' state visit early in Abdullah's reign, several years ago.

Yes Adamari the video start with images of Queen visiting a hospital in Oslo, 11 April 2000.

Jordan's Queen Rania appeals for humanitarian ceasefire in Gaza

Amman - Jordan's Queen Rania on Monday issued an impassioned appeal to the world community to move promptly to force Israel to halt its offensive on the Gaza Strip for humanitarian reasons. "At the very least, we must push for a ceasefire, a humanitarian ceasefire, a ceasefire for children, to help the wounded, to look for those buried under the rubble, to tend to the sick and elderly trapped in their homes, and to bring in vital medical supplies, equipment and staff," the queen said at a hastily arranged press conference .....

Jordan's Queen Rania appeals for humanitarian ceasefire in Gaza : Middle East World

Back
Top Bottom