The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-29-2004, 11:55 PM
Nobility

Queen Rania before her marriage

A number of posters have commented about the rarity of photographs of QR as a child and as a young adult. Thought I'd begin a thread to see what we collectively know about her life prior to her marriage.

Old 06-30-2004, 04:05 AM
Humble

Quote:
Originally posted by papillon@Jun 29th, 2004 - 10:55 pm
A number of posters have commented about the rarity of photographs of QR as a child and as a young adult. Thought I'd begin a thread to see what we collectively know about her life prior to her marriage.
Rania: Of Palestian origin, Born in Kuwait ...did her schooling in the English school in Kuwait, then her undergraduate in the American University of Cairo (Business administration)..then worked in Amman, Jordan (I guess in a bank)..

Previous threads of Rania in the LTR already had some pics when she was a teenage..I myself posted a pic of her in her graduation from her University...
Old 06-30-2004, 11:56 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally posted by Humble@Jun 30th, 2004 - 3:05 am
then worked in Amman, Jordan (I guess in a bank)..

She worked at Apple Computer and at Citibank before her marriage.
Old 07-01-2004, 01:22 AM
Nobility

Has anyone seen childhood pictures of her? I have not. If so, can you post them here? Thanks in advance.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:15 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Queen rania as ayoung girl

:) i want to know more about rania al yasin ...the young girl ...also about her love story with prince abdullah bin al hussein of jordsan...:) :) :) :)
Old 11-21-2005, 08:58 PM
Serene Highness

What I know is limited but others, I'm sure, will know more. She is the daughter of a pediatrician and retains close ties with her siblings and parents.

At one point, she was approached to be a model but her parents vetoed that. They were--rightly--suspect of the man who said he was a modeling agent.

She met KA at a party given by his sister, Aisha (I believe). He said it was love at first sight. She admits she had reservations because he was KH's son. Their courtship was brief--five months--and she has said he pursued her relentlessly. KH himself drove Abdullah to Rania's parents' home so Abdullah could propose. With KH and her family looking on, she accepted--and the rest, as they say, is history.

She has spoken a bit about their courtship, revealing he loved to take her flying on some rather hair-raising helicopter rides. She has also said she never expected to become Queen and would have been very happy as the wife of a soldier. In QN's book, Noor reveals Rania was concerned about Abdullah's succession; wondering if he would have the support of Jordanians, the military, etc. QN assured her both she and Abdullah would have that support.
Old 11-21-2005, 09:13 PM
Aristocracy

It is also a known fact that the late King Hussein pushed hard for the engagement to come sooner than later due to being worried about Abdullah's reputation as a womanizer. Evidently, the apple fell close to the tree.
Old 11-21-2005, 09:49 PM
Serene Highness

I still wonder how Rania's parents felt when they opened the door and found the King standing there, asking to come in........It's not a sight you see on your doorstep everyday!!!:)
Old 11-21-2005, 10:56 PM
Aristocracy

They obviously knew that their daughter was seeing HM son, so they could not have been that surprised!:) In my opinion, it is not the tradition to have long courtships in the Middle East. People will start talking the longer they see a couple together without a movement towards a marriage. A womans reputation is everything in that part of the world. Her parents would not have tolerated dating for two to three years, prince or no prince!
Old 11-22-2005, 12:34 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryshawn
KH himself drove Abdullah to Rania's parents' home so Abdullah could propose. With KH and her family looking on, she accepted--and the rest, as they say, is history.
It was KH who made the proposal to the Yasin family asking for Rania’s hand for marriage with his son – just following Arabic customs and traditions (he did the same for P. Faisal, KA accompanied P. Ali to the Brahimis …).

And this was certainly not a surprise for the Yasins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryshawn
I still wonder how Rania's parents felt when they opened the door and found the King standing there, asking to come in........It's not a sight you see on your doorstep everyday!!!
Old 06-22-2006, 02:24 AM
Courtier

Princess Salma bint Abdullah has the nose of her mother Queen Rania.

It was too good to be true...
Old 06-22-2006, 02:48 AM
Gentry

She'll be a beauty then
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joumana
Princess Salma bint Abdullah has the nose of her mother Queen Rania.
Old 06-22-2006, 03:42 AM

it is the beauty that is with in that counts the most
Old 06-22-2006, 04:58 AM
Gentry

Talking

True .....But we are talking about physical resemblence here :p

Sometimes you can combine both

A beautiful mind is certainly an asset but it would be more attarctive if were on a shoulder of a beautiful woman ...which is not a rare case as many might think
Quote:
Originally Posted by araivakadua
Old 06-22-2006, 11:54 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by araivakadua
Yea yea yea, but in QR's interview's the first thing they mention (a beautiful young women who became the Queen of jordan),which means that Beauty does count these days, next to what is within...
Old 06-22-2006, 11:55 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by salwa
True .....But we are talking about physical resemblence here :p

Sometimes you can combine both

A beautiful mind is certainly an asset but it would be more attarctive if were on a shoulder of a beautiful woman ...which is not a rare case as many might think
True , I agree, this is the case nowadays,
Old 06-25-2006, 04:24 PM
Serene Highness

I'd like to see photos of Queen Rania as a baby or toddler or young child. They have to exist somewhere.
Old 08-06-2006, 09:48 AM
Nobility

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...0&d=1106855104
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...1&d=1106855104
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...2&d=1106855104

1-pictures from her school's album,in kuwait,when she was 17.
2-A 1987 picture taken from the New English School
3-picture from American university in cairo 1991.
Old 08-06-2006, 04:50 PM
Courtier

well...not to be rude or offensive..but i read somewhere that she was often called the prettiest girl on campus in university...judging from that last picture, i don't really think that could be true...
Old 08-06-2006, 06:19 PM
Aristocracy

Why is that when you see photos of any royals you can find picutres of them as far as their birth pictures. They are everywhere. Even on the king's website they have so many photos of his life. You can even find pictures of their children. On the Queens' web page. You will find no childhood photos of her at all. You can't seem to find any anywhere. I am wondering if she very private or she doesn't like her photos and doesn't want people to see them. Maybe people will compare them to much to the way she looks now. Like they do with so many famous people. Can it be possible Her parents will not allow them to be published. What ever the case may be I can respect that. But it would be nice to seem them .

For those who have seen the Earth from space, and for the hundreds and perhaps thousands more who will,The experience most certainly changes your percetive.The things that we share in our world are far more valuable than those which divide us.
Donald Williams.