The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > King Abdullah and Queen Rania and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 05-15-2009, 01:56 PM
Joumana's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Morocco, Netherlands
Posts: 622
Prince Hussein named Crown Prince of Jordan: July 2, 2009

Prince Hussein ben Abdullah will be in June officially a crown prince

Crown Prince Hussein bin Al Abdullah (born June 28, 1994 )is the eldest child of King Abdullah II and Queen Rania of Jordan. Prince Hussein is part of the Hashemite family and is reportedly the 44th-generation direct descendant of prophet Mohammad. Though King Abdullah II has not named his successor to the throne, it is widely believed that his son would be a probable choice for this position. If he ascends to the throne one day, he will be known as King Hussein II. He is currently enrolled at King’s Academy.



http://www.alwatanvoice.com/arabic/content-137861.html
__________________

__________________

It was too good to be true...
  #2  
Old 05-15-2009, 03:05 PM
Amoula's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joumana View Post
Prince Hussein ben Abdullah will be in June officially a crown prince

Crown Prince Hussein bin Al Abdullah (born June 28, 1994 )is the eldest child of King Abdullah II and Queen Rania of Jordan. Prince Hussein is part of the Hashemite family and is reportedly the 44th-generation direct descendant of prophet Mohammad. Though King Abdullah II has not named his successor to the throne, it is widely believed that his son would be a probable choice for this position. If he ascends to the throne one day, he will be known as King Hussein II. He is currently enrolled at Kings Academy.



الأمير ال*سين الثاني وليًا للعهد في الاردن في *زيران القادم - دنيا الوطن
Some say on Independence day , May 25th!
__________________

__________________
  #3  
Old 05-15-2009, 05:38 PM
Al_bina's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: City, Kazakhstan
Posts: 5,222
Fairly speaking, I am not surprised to learn that Prince Hussein will become a Crown Prince. The precedent was set by the late King Hussein, who, shall we say, appointed his eldest to ascend the throne.
__________________
"To watch the sun sink behind a flower clad hill.
To wander on in a huge forest without thought of return. To stand upon the shore and gaze after a boat that disappears behind distant islands. To contemplate the flight of wild geese seen and lost among the clouds.
And, subtle shadows of bamboo on bamboo." Zeami Motokiyo
  #4  
Old 05-15-2009, 05:46 PM
Humera's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 6,667
There hasn't been any official announcement about this from the Royal Court so far.
Is the above source reliable?
  #5  
Old 05-15-2009, 11:03 PM
Princess Mahala's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: *, United States
Posts: 591
this is not completly surprising but still is in a way lol. hes always seems so disinterest for it i think.

i just read an ariticle for prince hamzah idont know how credible it is, mabe it reads a bit bias, but it says he was king husseins first choice for cp and that after queen noors talk on american tv (they say it was ignored in jordan media) about the january fighting in gaza that hes become more popular again in the jordan. its a traslation so i dont know how the original is. i wonder how people there feel about it.
__________________
  #6  
Old 05-16-2009, 04:48 AM
Veram98's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: at different places, Germany
Posts: 676
Since November 2004 PHussein has been the legal crown prince (as foreseen by the Jordanian constitution). Nevertheless I thought that the King would wait till the boy would be at least 18 before formalizing it (to allow him an unburdened adolescence).
__________________
  #7  
Old 05-16-2009, 06:02 PM
shrifia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: marrakech, Morocco
Posts: 2,789
well no Prince Hussein has never been Crown Prince,the jordanian constitution is clear here:king can choose one of his brothers or sons to be CP but is he don't the position remained emply,and this what happen when king isolate his brother Hamza(the CP posotion become empty)and still unless king name someone.
__________________
  #8  
Old 05-16-2009, 07:29 PM
Veram98's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: at different places, Germany
Posts: 676
No, shrifia, when the King would have died in the last years (after November 2004), Prince Hussein would be king now as his legal heir (with a regent or regency council on his side acting for him till his 18th birthday). He would have been automatically his father's successor.

The Jordanian Constitution:
Chapter 4: The Executive Power
PART I: THE KING AND HlS PREROGATIVES
Article 28

The Throne of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan is hereditary to the dynasty of King Abdullah Ibn Al-Hussein in a direct line through his male heirs as provided hereinafter:
(a) The Royal title shall pass from the holder of the Throne to his eldest son, and to the eldest son of that son and in linear succession by a similar process thereafter. Should the eldest son die before the Throne devolves upon him, his eldest son shall inherit the Throne despite the existence of brothers to the deceased son.
The King may, as amended in the Official Gazette No. 1831 of 01/04/1965, however, select one of his brothers as heir apparent. In this event, title to the Throne shall pass to him from the holder of the Throne.

And as you can see here the king can only name one of his brothers instead of his eldest son not a younger son.

To all those partisans of Prince Hamzah as crown prince I have a question: If King Hussein really wanted his fourth son to be the next king why he didn't amend the constitution again like 1965 to change this restriction?
Concerning the succession the "normal case" in Jordan foreseen in the constitution is that of the eldest son. Exceptionally the king can name instead a brother as crown prince (in 1965 King Hussein did it in a time of crisis to secure the future of the monarchy in Jordan; the situation today is completely different, there is no reason for the actual king to name a brother instead of the "normal" heir to the throne).
__________________
  #9  
Old 05-16-2009, 08:13 PM
Veram98's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: at different places, Germany
Posts: 676
Arabic News got it right in 2004:

Prince Hussein is a crown prince in Jordan
Jordan, Politics, 11/30/2004

Prince Hussein is a crown prince in Jordan
__________________
  #10  
Old 05-16-2009, 11:42 PM
White Princess's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Natal, Brazil
Posts: 453
I am so glad it finally happened!
__________________
  #11  
Old 05-17-2009, 06:50 AM
carlota's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 5,507
it's a shame that hamzah and noor couldn't be crown prince and crown princess until hussein is old enough at least, just like king hussein wanted. i thought they would be an excellent reigning couple.
__________________
Sign the United Nations Universal Declaration on Animal Welfare: http://www.animalsmatter.org
YOUR DAILY CLICK HELPS ANIMALS SURVIVE!
Feed an animal in need, click for free.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
  #12  
Old 05-17-2009, 02:32 PM
Kotroman's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: -, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veram98 View Post
The Jordanian Constitution:
Chapter 4: The Executive Power
PART I: THE KING AND HlS PREROGATIVES
Article 28

The Throne of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan is hereditary to the dynasty of King Abdullah Ibn Al-Hussein in a direct line through his male heirs as provided hereinafter:
(a) The Royal title shall pass from the holder of the Throne to his eldest son, and to the eldest son of that son and in linear succession by a similar process thereafter. Should the eldest son die before the Throne devolves upon him, his eldest son shall inherit the Throne despite the existence of brothers to the deceased son.
The King may, as amended in the Official Gazette No. 1831 of 01/04/1965, however, select one of his brothers as heir apparent. In this event, title to the Throne shall pass to him from the holder of the Throne.
So, agnatic primogeniture is normally applied, unless the King appoints his brother as heir. Now I get it
__________________
  #13  
Old 05-17-2009, 03:39 PM
shrifia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: marrakech, Morocco
Posts: 2,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veram98 View Post
No, shrifia, when the King would have died in the last years (after November 2004), Prince Hussein would be king now as his legal heir (with a regent or regency council on his side acting for him till his 18th birthday). He would have been automatically his father's successor.

The Jordanian Constitution:
Chapter 4: The Executive Power
PART I: THE KING AND HlS PREROGATIVES
Article 28

The Throne of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan is hereditary to the dynasty of King Abdullah Ibn Al-Hussein in a direct line through his male heirs as provided hereinafter:
(a) The Royal title shall pass from the holder of the Throne to his eldest son, and to the eldest son of that son and in linear succession by a similar process thereafter. Should the eldest son die before the Throne devolves upon him, his eldest son shall inherit the Throne despite the existence of brothers to the deceased son.
The King may, as amended in the Official Gazette No. 1831 of 01/04/1965, however, select one of his brothers as heir apparent. In this event, title to the Throne shall pass to him from the holder of the Throne.

And as you can see here the king can only name one of his brothers instead of his eldest son not a younger son.

To all those partisans of Prince Hamzah as crown prince I have a question: If King Hussein really wanted his fourth son to be the next king why he didn't amend the constitution again like 1965 to change this restriction?
Concerning the succession the "normal case" in Jordan foreseen in the constitution is that of the eldest son. Exceptionally the king can name instead a brother as crown prince (in 1965 King Hussein did it in a time of crisis to secure the future of the monarchy in Jordan; the situation today is completely different, there is no reason for the actual king to name a brother instead of the "normal" heir to the throne).
I read some articles about the subject this is why I was a little confused so thanks for make it clear Veram
I guess it's a bit like the situation in Morocco as the constitution name king's son a CP since his birth in unformal way,and one of king male relatives(necessary his brother)play the role of CP until the king's son is 18.
__________________
  #14  
Old 05-18-2009, 01:37 PM
White Princess's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Natal, Brazil
Posts: 453
Long live the future king Hussein The Second
__________________
  #15  
Old 07-02-2009, 12:15 PM
asturiana's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: BW, Germany
Posts: 1,866
King names his son, Prince Hussein, as Crown Prince

Jordan News Agency - Petra - King names his son, Prince Hussein, as Crown Prince

No its oficial.
__________________
  #16  
Old 07-02-2009, 12:18 PM
salma's Avatar
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative Jordan
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: ---, Portugal
Posts: 8,679
Thanks Asturiana finally its official.
__________________
TRF BLOG


Royal Weddding Cakes
  #17  
Old 07-02-2009, 12:21 PM
asturiana's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: BW, Germany
Posts: 1,866
Will there be a celebration or something?
__________________
  #18  
Old 07-02-2009, 01:08 PM
Humera's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 6,667
Im glad it is finally official.
Congratulations and the best of luck to Prince Hussein.
__________________
  #19  
Old 07-02-2009, 01:29 PM
Mademoiselle Lilo's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative - Morocco
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: T/H, Morocco
Posts: 5,547
i am looking forward to see PHussein doing his duties
would be nice to see him very often.
__________________
  #20  
Old 07-02-2009, 02:52 PM
Veram98's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: at different places, Germany
Posts: 676
Finally it happened - as expected.
Good luck, Prince Hussein.
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prince Faisal bin al Hussein of Jordan & Alia Tabbaa August 1987 Rossina Royal Weddings 2 05-24-2010 07:00 AM
Prince Nayef bin Abdulaziz is named second in succession to the throne Itzimane Royal Family of Saudi Arabia 1 03-28-2009 06:42 AM
Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed named Crown Prince of Dubai: 1 February 2008 dubai-girl Current Events Archive 158 08-05-2008 05:11 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth birthday bourbon-parma camilla charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria danish royals engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri habsburg hereditary grand duchess stphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume hohenzollern infanta elena king abdullah king abdullah ii king albert ii king carl xvi gustav king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander picture thread pom pregnancy prince albert prince albert ii prince constantijn prince felipe prince felix prince frederik prince henrik prince joachim princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess christina of the netherlands princess haya princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess marie princess marilene princess mary princess maxima queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia state visit wedding willem-alexander william


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:05 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]