Prince Hussein named Crown Prince of Jordan: July 2, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joumana

Courtier
City
Morocco
Country
Netherlands
Prince Hussein ben Abdullah will be in June officially a crown prince :jordanflag:

Crown Prince Hussein bin Al Abdullah (born June 28, 1994 )is the eldest child of King Abdullah II and Queen Rania of Jordan. Prince Hussein is part of the Hashemite family and is reportedly the 44th-generation direct descendant of prophet Mohammad. Though King Abdullah II has not named his successor to the throne, it is widely believed that his son would be a probable choice for this position. If he ascends to the throne one day, he will be known as King Hussein II. He is currently enrolled at King’s Academy.

http://www.alwatanvoice.com/arabic/content-137861.html

Prince Hussein ben Abdullah will be in June officially a crown prince :jordanflag:

Crown Prince Hussein bin Al Abdullah (born June 28, 1994 )is the eldest child of King Abdullah II and Queen Rania of Jordan. Prince Hussein is part of the Hashemite family and is reportedly the 44th-generation direct descendant of prophet Mohammad. Though King Abdullah II has not named his successor to the throne, it is widely believed that his son would be a probable choice for this position. If he ascends to the throne one day, he will be known as King Hussein II. He is currently enrolled at King’s Academy.

الأمير الحسين الثاني وليًا للعهد في الاردن في حزيران القادم - دنيا الوطن
Some say on Independence day , May 25th! :ermm:

Fairly speaking, I am not surprised to learn that Prince Hussein will become a Crown Prince. The precedent was set by the late King Hussein, who, shall we say, appointed his eldest to ascend the throne.

There hasn't been any official announcement about this from the Royal Court so far.
Is the above source reliable?

this is not completly surprising but still is in a way :wacko: lol. hes always seems so disinterest for it i think.

i just read an ariticle for prince hamzah idont know how credible it is, mabe it reads a bit bias, but it says he was king husseins first choice for cp and that after queen noors talk on american tv (they say it was ignored in jordan media) about the january fighting in gaza that hes become more popular again in the jordan. :whistling: its a traslation so i dont know how the original is. i wonder how people there feel about it.

Since November 2004 PHussein has been the legal crown prince (as foreseen by the Jordanian constitution). Nevertheless I thought that the King would wait till the boy would be at least 18 before formalizing it (to allow him an unburdened adolescence).

well no Prince Hussein has never been Crown Prince,the jordanian constitution is clear here:king can choose one of his brothers or sons to be CP but is he don't the position remained emply,and this what happen when king isolate his brother Hamza(the CP posotion become empty)and still unless king name someone.

No, shrifia, when the King would have died in the last years (after November 2004), Prince Hussein would be king now as his legal heir (with a regent or regency council on his side acting for him till his 18th birthday). He would have been automatically his father's successor.

The Jordanian Constitution:
Chapter 4: The Executive Power
[SIZE=-2]PART I: THE KING AND HlS PREROGATIVES[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-2]Article 28[/SIZE]

The Throne of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan is hereditary to the dynasty of King Abdullah Ibn Al-Hussein in a direct line through his male heirs as provided hereinafter:
[SIZE=-2](a) The Royal title shall pass from the holder of the Throne to his eldest son, and to the eldest son of that [/SIZE]son and in linear succession by a similar process thereafter. Should the eldest son die before the Throne devolves upon him, his eldest son shall inherit the Throne despite the existence of brothers to the deceased son.
The King may, as amended in the Official Gazette No. 1831 of 01/04/1965, however, select one of his brothers as heir apparent. In this event, title to the Throne shall pass to him from the holder of the Throne.

And as you can see here the king can only name one of his brothers instead of his eldest son not a younger son.

To all those partisans of Prince Hamzah as crown prince I have a question: If King Hussein really wanted his fourth son to be the next king why he didn't amend the constitution again like 1965 to change this restriction?
Concerning the succession the "normal case" in Jordan foreseen in the constitution is that of the eldest son. Exceptionally the king can name instead a brother as crown prince (in 1965 King Hussein did it in a time of crisis to secure the future of the monarchy in Jordan; the situation today is completely different, there is no reason for the actual king to name a brother instead of the "normal" heir to the throne).

it's a shame that hamzah and noor couldn't be crown prince and crown princess until hussein is old enough at least, just like king hussein wanted. i thought they would be an excellent reigning couple.

The Throne of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan is hereditary to the dynasty of King Abdullah Ibn Al-Hussein in a direct line through his male heirs as provided hereinafter:
[SIZE=-2](a) The Royal title shall pass from the holder of the Throne to his eldest son, and to the eldest son of that [/SIZE]son and in linear succession by a similar process thereafter. Should the eldest son die before the Throne devolves upon him, his eldest son shall inherit the Throne despite the existence of brothers to the deceased son.
The King may, as amended in the Official Gazette No. 1831 of 01/04/1965, however, select one of his brothers as heir apparent. In this event, title to the Throne shall pass to him from the holder of the Throne.

So, agnatic primogeniture is normally applied, unless the King appoints his brother as heir. Now I get it :)

No, shrifia, when the King would have died in the last years (after November 2004), Prince Hussein would be king now as his legal heir (with a regent or regency council on his side acting for him till his 18th birthday). He would have been automatically his father's successor.

And as you can see here the king can only name one of his brothers instead of his eldest son not a younger son.

To all those partisans of Prince Hamzah as crown prince I have a question: If King Hussein really wanted his fourth son to be the next king why he didn't amend the constitution again like 1965 to change this restriction?
Concerning the succession the "normal case" in Jordan foreseen in the constitution is that of the eldest son. Exceptionally the king can name instead a brother as crown prince (in 1965 King Hussein did it in a time of crisis to secure the future of the monarchy in Jordan; the situation today is completely different, there is no reason for the actual king to name a brother instead of the "normal" heir to the throne).
I read some articles about the subject this is why I was a little confused so thanks for make it clear Veram:flowers:
I guess it's a bit like the situation in Morocco as the constitution name king's son a CP since his birth in unformal way,and one of king male relatives(necessary his brother)play the role of CP until the king's son is 18.

Thanks Asturiana finally its official.

Will there be a celebration or something?

I’m glad it is finally official.
Congratulations and the best of luck to Prince Hussein.

i am looking forward to see PHussein doing his duties:)
would be nice to see him very often.

Finally it happened - as expected.
Good luck, Prince Hussein.

Alarabiayh Cahnnel Proadcast a special report in the Bulletin of the eleventh night of the Fellow Sailawi Director Saad Al-Arabiya in Amman on the mandate of the mandate of Prince Hussein Bin Abdullah Al-Arabiya, where the deployment of unique images, exclusive of the new crown prince since birth and even today

“We, King Abdullah II of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, acting under Paragraph A of Article 28 of the Constitution, issue our Royal Decree naming our eldest son, His Royal Highness Prince Hussein Ben Abdullah II, as Crown Prince. He shall be vested with all rights and privileges pertaining to this decree."

Jordan Times

15 seems young, but he has so much to learn, that I guess King Abdullah wanted to begin preparing him. Congratulations to Crown Prince Hussein, and the people of Jordan!

Finally!:flowers: Congratulations to Prince Hussein!
Hope he will be a good King for Jordan!

Alarabiayh Cahnnel Proadcast a special report in the Bulletin of the eleventh night of the Fellow Sailawi Director Saad Al-Arabiya in Amman on the mandate of the mandate of Prince Hussein Bin Abdullah Al-Arabiya, where the deployment of unique images, exclusive of the new crown prince since birth and even today

Can we see this programm again?

I red at newspaper that prince hussein study at Kings Acadimy School

Thanks jordan. Great video. Prince Hussein was so cute, and King Hussein seems very nice grandfather. Is Queen Rania saying "Peep" :lol:?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom